Hello from Leeds

Supermoose
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, 

I've just got into Airsoft and am based in Leeds, I played my first game last week with some friends at Fearmasters Airsoft in Wakefield and i have to say it was a great experience.

All the players were friendly and the site had great facilities, I've paint balled numerous times but i think Airsoft on a whole is a far more enjoyable sport . The only problem was i enjoyed it that much my bank account is not big enough for the things i want.

From a new Player here are a few things I learnt.

We played on a hot day 25c for parts in the direct sun and i have to say i didn't bring enough water! Though water was available during breaks and i had a small bottle with me having something that you can easily drink from during games is something i need to sort out.

Knee Pads, the day before i went to a surplus store for long sleeve t-shirt and picked up some black hawk knee pads for about a tener and i have to say that was a good purchase, the constant up and down would of destroyed my knees if not for them.

Helmet, I actually got this before as well so i could use it as a go pro mount (even though i recorded most of the floor! need to work on my shot framing lol), as my cap was useless and this saved my head so many times from the low doors and branches, so i recommend one if your a bit tall.

I am one of those people that tend to get everything before i go into something (yes one of them🙄),  For instance i already have eyepro, mask , battle belt, an AEG (long term loan) , spare mags, kneepads,  helmet, camo pants, boots and a sling but if  you have any recommendations on things to get next  that would be appreciated.

Tl:DR Hi, Played Loved it! Need more gear, more money and time!

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

2 hours ago, Supermoose said:

We played on a hot day 25c for parts in the direct sun and i have to say i didn't bring enough water! Though water was available during breaks and i had a small bottle with me having something that you can easily drink from during games is something i need to sort out.

I am one of those people that tend to get everything before i go into something (yes one of them🙄),  For instance i already have eyepro, mask , battle belt, an AEG (long term loan) , spare mags, kneepads,  helmet, camo pants, boots and a sling but if  you have any recommendations on things to get next  that would be appreciated.

Hey there mate, welcome to the forum!

Get yourself a hydration pack - get a cheap camo one from Amazon first of all Linky McLink - then when you're a bit more flush with cash and want a vest/plate carrier, you can get an integrated one like I did with the Condor setup : This connects up with this - bloody life saver in the summer!

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

+1 on the hydration pack.  When it is hot need to be drinking regularly.

Cheers

G

Greetings! Prepare for the death of your wallet!

If you're in Leeds, check out Kill House airsoft if you fancy a bit of a pewpew of an evening...
http://www.killhouse.co.uk/
For Woodland, there's also:
Havoc at Brotherton . http://www.havocairsoft.co.uk/
Proving Grounds at Skipwith nr Selby https://www.facebook.com/HALOMILLPROVING/

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, are you planning on playing anywhere else in Leeds?

I'm in north Leeds, but have played at Halo Mill in Huddy and fancy trying the Leeds clubs. Have you tried Leeds Airsoft yet?

I need to check out Kill House, but I can recommend Halo Mill, but it is a bit if a trip :)

Archived