Specna arms problem

Matt p
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi new to the forum and looking for advice 

My son's specna arms has just started only shooting BBs every other shot ..

It will shoot one and the next shot not fire a BB then shot one dose the same in auto .. it seems to cycle ok I opened gear box but every thing seems fine 

Any help would be great.. I am sorry if this is covered elsewhere I did look but Mau have missed it 

Matt

• Supporters

Hi and welcome.

What BBs are they and what battery is he running?

I took the barrel and hop up out of my gun and put it in his and still doing the same thing ... is Bloody strange I have cleaned out the barrel and hop up unit in case of dirt and also tried different mags in case that was a problem but it will still only fire every other shot . 

It's got a m100 spring it's not chopped down as I put a new one in 6 months ago when I got it for him .. has a basic titan gate mosfet fitted I don't have controller to see if anything has been changed on settings it was already fitted when I got it from some one giving up at the place we play 

Matt

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Matt p said:

It's got a m100 spring it's not chopped down as I put a new one in 6 months ago when I got it for him .. has a basic titan gate mosfet fitted I don't have controller to see if anything has been changed on settings it was already fitted when I got it from some one giving up at the place we play 

Matt

Might be worth getting the USB link and checking the mosfet then.

Did it make any odd noises prior to going wrong?

No was not set up as one it has worked fine right up and till last time we were out worked great in game we went back and cleaned every thing the next day and did a quick check and it just started missing ever other shot it's been a a great gun up till know 

• Supporters

Have you been inside the gearbox? Are you confident enough to do so?

Could possibly be the Tappet plate, or a warn piston. I have seen a couple of guns do this because the piston lost half a tooth, and the second “circuit” picked up on the half that wasn’t chewed.

If you are confident, take it apart. Take some photos. Post it here, and we can try helping you further.

If not, try a local tech.

It is definitely gearbox related if you have tried a different barrel assembly from another gun and it’s doing the same. 

Before you take it apart, try another mag, just to rule that out too. Will make the local tech a lot cheaper if you can save him all this time looking.

Yes it seems to cycle fine when upside down .. thank you all for your ideas 

Am going to try opening it up over the weekend and check the gears and bits to see if anything broken or worn.. Will let you know what I find or post some pics 

Matt 

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Matt p said:

Yes it seems to cycle fine when upside down .. thank you all for your ideas 

Am going to try opening it up over the weekend and check the gears and bits to see if anything broken or worn.. Will let you know what I find or post some pics 

Matt 

If it is cycling fine try firing it upside down if it feeds fine then the problem is your mags are too weak to keep up with the cycling speed of the gun. Common problem with hi-caps try some good quality mid caps.

Worn gears will not cause issue maybe a worn tappet plate but that is unlikely.

Hi thanks to every one for there help after looking againinside the gear box I found that the delay clip on the gear had broken and come off .. purchased a new one on Sunday all is working fine know

Many thanks 

Matt 

Archived