TM Sopmod battery conversion

Jimbodini42
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

I’m getting my new TM Recoil Sopmod this week and the shop have said they can convert the battery connections so I don’t need to buy the expensive TM crane battery and can instead use other batteries. 

In terms of reliability and strain on the Rif is this a good idea? It won’t affect the gearbox or motor or anything?

The shop suggested a 7.4v Li-Po which suits me as they are cheaper and have higher MaH. They haven’t mentioned whether to change to Deans or normal connection - any input on this? 

Should I have it changed or am I better to stick with the TM battery? 

Also are there any performance gains from one battery or the other? 

Apologies but the battery concept has changed a lot since I quit the hobby and I’m only slowly getting back into it. 

Any other suggestions or comments are most welcome. 

• Supporters

What he said , it’ll be absolutely fine on a 7.4 lipo (I now run all mine on 9.9 LiFe) and ideally I’d get the shop to hard wire a deans to the stock tube and not the stock connectors so you can run any stock you want on it (so you can ‘dress it up’ like specific guns not just a generic sopmod) not just the TM cranestock it comes with . 

its what I do with all my rear wired recoils when I get a new one . 👍

• Head Moderator

Have a read of this topic as well

Archived