Any good CYMA AKs priced around the 150 mark?

Haru
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've thought about just getting the CM16 but, the M4 platform is kinda jarring and everyone and their mother has one.

Are there any reliable modern styled AKs around £150 and where can i find them, it seems only patrol base is stocking cyma aks

We had a cyma pot metal body disintegrate on us at the weekend.

It's an old model probably 8 years. But the failure mode for it was spectacular, parts just started falling off in our hands. It's a fundamental issue with pot metal. Once it's fatigued it's shot. And there is no way to repair it, you either have to replace the fatigued parts or scrap it.

In saying that that gun has been an outstanding performer over the years. It has always shot well and has certainly paid for itself many times over.

Personally I'd stump up a little more and get an LCT. They start at about £200 with most of the range been about £250. And for that you get an all steel AK with decent internals.

Externally you won't find better at the price point.

As a complete package the only better ak's are E&L's that sell for much more.

The likes of the LCT AKm might be £100 more than you have in budget at £250. But that £100 is well spent.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/lct-akm-nv-airsoft-gun-aeg

Failing that go with a second hand E&L or LCT. There's always a few in the classified and they pretty much sit at the £200 mark

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, Haru said:

wow they're so cheap but i dont have my ukara yet :(

Then you ain’t having a new gun then !🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

if you want an AK then basically ANY Cyma AK is a good’un , considering there one of the main ‘cheapo China S’oft’ gun manufacturers I’ve always found from my own experience there AK’s have always been really bomb proof and great guns for the price . 

well tbh, i cant buy any gun until my i get my student loans. (i know i shouldn't be using my loan on guns), which will be very soon. ill keep a close eye on the classifieds and since black friday is coming up ill be able to snag some goodies

58 minutes ago, Haru said:

well tbh, i cant buy any gun until my i get my student loans. (i know i shouldn't be using my loan on guns), which will be very soon. ill keep a close eye on the classifieds and since black friday is coming up ill be able to snag some goodies

Well, I would always recommend( if you have the budget)  the Real Sword line of AKs the Chinese version of the AK the Type 56. 

They are full steel and wood or polymer depending on the model, the finish on the steel is blue exactly like you would find on a real type 56 internal wise they are excellent with no real need to do any internal work/upgrades at all. 

The magazine produced by RS are real steel 7.62x39 just with airsoft internal making them one of the best mags for airsoft AKs out there at the moment and magazine are also blued finish. The RS type 56 is also a  1-1 replica of the original rifle because they designed their gearbox to fit into the real-steel receivers of the actual firearm, so they are currently, to the best of my knowledge, the only airsoft manufacturer that can truly make the case for the most accurate and realistic airsoft AEG AK.   Real Sword are also rumored to be a subsidiary of the Chinese Defence company NORINCO.

Archived