AEG or GBBR, that old chestnut!

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have an MWS.
I love it - mainly because, for all my complaining, it's awesome.
I love shooting it, I love the recoil etc....
However, for all its beauty and fun, this weekend I reached for my Krytac Vector and left the MWS at home.
Because, quite frankly, I couldn't be arsed with it any more.
As a result, I spent 100% of my time playing.
Did I miss running out of ammo in a firefight? Nope - I run midcaps in the vector, so that still happens!
Did I miss the range? Nope - I just got sneaky instead = and found great delight taking time to get within range of people and then slotting them.
Did I miss the weight of the mags? Fuck no!

There are positives to it, for sure.
People nearly poop themselves when they hear it (even on my own team!).
It looks awesome - therefore generates much envy, which is always nice!
It's realistic. It looks truly awesome!
However, despite all of these, I couldn't find a reason strong enough to want to field it.....

In the Vector's favour - 
It's realistic and similarly indistinguishable from the real thing.
It's extraordinary fun, with a reasonable range.

It's accurate.
It makes people shout "hit!"...

I like hearing people shout hit, more than I like the sound my MWS makes.....

So to the meat of it.
Do I sell my MWS and buy something else?
I don't like M4s, so what could I get?
I like things, like the vector, that not every bugger has.
If I do sell it, the next rifle will be an AEG

So any AEG suggestions? (Just before @rocketdogbert says KWA vector!)
I'd like it to be decent out of the box, with no effin about required.
Simple point, shoot, hit...... Reasonable range, but aside from that, I don't think much else matters...
Except - not an M4 

too much of a newb to know what else you should get, but I like anything a bit different. like the look of the tavors and the other pdw's that are about. Also I like the HK variants, but some are m4 types, so may not be up your street. Always loved the thompson, but I'm not sure how practical they are re range and capacity. You could always irritate a few and get a P90 lol :) Nice stargate loadout 

20 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

If you dont like M4's all that much... how about;

AK's?

Evo?

MP5?

Bullpup variant?

My apologies, I was asking for suggestions of specific rifs, rather than rifle types...
Funny you should mention three guns I've shot in RS.
Put me off MP5's for life - I was gutted at how crap it was, so would never have an airsoft one. Such a disappointment.
The Evo was good, the AK was awesome.....
I'd consider both platforms - but with the AK, wouldn't know which to manufacturer/model to go for for the least hassle ootb.
I like bullpups, but not the sa80.  So would have no idea what's a good AEG manufacturer/model for a bullpup..

2 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

My apologies, I was asking for suggestions of specific rifs, rather than rifle types...
Funny you should mention three guns I've shot in RS.
Put me off MP5's for life - I was gutted at how crap it was, so would never have an airsoft one. Such a disappointment.
The Evo was good, the AK was awesome.....
I'd consider both platforms - but with the AK, wouldn't know which to manufacturer/model to go for for the least hassle ootb.
I like bullpups, but not the sa80.  So would have no idea what's a good AEG manufacturer/model for a bullpup..

If you went down the AK route anything by LCT or E&L are top notch and is the only AK brand i would consider going back too if I wanted one again.

MP5's again depending on brand are surprisingly good, my friends ICS has run like a work horse for over 7 years and never had an issue or had to change any parts (other than converting to deans)

If you like bullpups the only brand(s) i would recommend would be something by TM or maybe G&G at a push

As for shooting RS i really enjoyed the MP5 more than most guns I've fired although it would be nice to get to use something a bit more tasty subgun wise.

Don't discount the MP5, my JG one is stupidly accurate , routinely chronos at 340+ , is light to run around with and being 'plastic' they cost next to nothing. I've found its' become my go to gun because it never lets me down.

If you're looking for an AK or even something a little different like a PP-19-01 or AS Val then I'd recommend browsing LCT's options on fire-support.

Also if you have the coin to spare you could always contact fire-support prior to purchase and ask them to modify it prior to posting.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

found great delight taking time to get within range of people and then slotting them

Then have you considered a shotgun?

Bear with me.  The metal CYMA tri-shots claim 290fps and some chrono at over 300fps.  They over-hop 0.2g and reportedly want 0.25g or even 0.28g to get the most out of the fixed hop.  TaiwanGun is currently selling them for about £50 (but don't buy the last CM.355M in tan!) which is pretty decent value.

Granted, I've only ever used my crappy plastic ASG in CQB, but it's a laugh and a half, and I've seen a shotgun being used in woodland to fair effect.

There's something primally satisfying about crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you and hearing ze lamentation of zer women by using your own muscle power rather than a battery or gas can.

• Supporters

How about one of the new third gen TM recoil AK’s ? I’ve got one of the original 74su’s and hands down the best ‘fun’ gun I’ve got , the new Gen3 ones have mag lock as well now so when your running the mids it’s stops on empty ! AND you have the legendary TM range and accuracy as well to boot  , Now that’ll be real fun !😁

Had a Breacher. 

Loved it. 

Regretted swapping it so bought another. 

Range is easily 25 to 30 yards. 

But in terms of something different, the TM Scar-H EBB is top notch, a real precision shooter. Very impressed each time I have fired one. 

The new TM Type 89 GBB looks a riot and I doubt anyone else will have one. 

Avoid the VFC 416 series IMHO, either the AEG or GBB. They look stunning but are about as sturdy as a stick of cheese on a hot grill. 

Archived