Hello :-)

ScouseReaper
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

Names Jon aka ScouseReaper, bit ott i know but i'm a pc gamer, we like our crazy names. 

I'm looking for fellow Scousers to kick arse and take names with, I'm just about to get my first airsoft rifle delivered in the next day or two so I'll looking for people to go to sessions with.

I went straight for a G&G cm16 intermediate, rather than really cheap, hopefully it was a decent choice.

Anyways I'm waffling on, i'll see you around the forums.  👍

• Supporters

Welcome! :)

The CM16 is always my go-to recommendation for first time buyers - You made a good purchase!

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

• Supporters
8 hours ago, ScouseReaper said:

I went straight for a G&G cm16 intermediate, rather than really cheap, hopefully it was a decent choice.

Yup.  I'm impressed with Workmate Eddy's CM16 Raider L.  I'd say you'd need to find reasons not to get a Combat Machine variant as a first gun.

I did some research and decided on this one https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/g-and-g-armament-cm16-intermediate-predator-series-combat-machine?fv=6747 not high end but not cheap either, good enough to get me started I thought, I just need a decent side arm now.  🙂

2 hours ago, Duff said:

Borrowed @E21A's CM16 at Battlelakes and Dogtag, a great gun for the buck. Would recommend to any new player as it's under a ton and is very good for entry level. It helped me get better at ranging target distance even though the range does fall short slightly compared to gigher end RIFs. 

Oh look what the cat dragged in! 😂😂

• Supporters
1 hour ago, ScouseReaper said:

I did some research and decided on this one https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/g-and-g-armament-cm16-intermediate-predator-series-combat-machine?fv=6747 not high end but not cheap either

Should be great, just don't skimp on the batteries, and do run 11.1V lipos as we've had reports of G&G electronics being a bit fussy about voltage.

Eh, it'll probably be fine, and I do like the idea of bursts.

Hi

Welcome to the forum, it's a good starter gun as others have said.

You might want to hold off on the pistol, unless you really want one/like using one.  Doesn't get used much unless you run a DMR/sniper or twisty corners in CQB where the rifle is hard to use.

Cheers

G

42 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Hi

Welcome to the forum, it's a good starter gun as others have said.

You might want to hold off on the pistol, unless you really want one/like using one.  Doesn't get used much unless you run a DMR/sniper or tristy corners CQB where the rifle is hard to use.

Cheers

G

A lot of the sites by me are CQB, it might be useful given the sites available.  🙂

• Supporters

Fair enough, pistols are effective in CQB and GBBs are viscerally satisfying to shoot.

On bang for buck (or pew for pound) a cheap ~£35 spring tri-shot shotgun can offer surprising amounts of CQB fun as well.  Having one handy could save the day if your main gun(s) start acting up.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

On bang for buck (or pew for pound) a cheap ~£35 spring tri-shot shotgun can offer surprising amounts of CQB fun as well.  Having one handy could save the day if your main gun(s) start acting up.

I bought one of these as my first gun and didn't get anyone with it but the other day I pulled it out again and it was loads of fun and had no issues with people taking hits when you put 3 into their face.

46 minutes ago, Haru said:

I'm going for the CM16 2.0 not the one with the built in MOSFET as I've heard they can backfire, shame cos I really like the PDW stocks

Dont worry too much about the MOSFET, faults are usually just people not using 11.1 Lipo with them. 

• Supporters

Mmm, it's doubtless a tale that's grown in the telling, and PatrolBase are very clear that it's intended for 11.1V lipos only.  I'm a touch jealous to be honest. ;)

17 hours ago, ScouseReaper said:

Hi all, 

Names Jon aka ScouseReaper, bit ott i know but i'm a pc gamer, we like our crazy names. 

Not going to lie, I thought that you were hoping to hunt down scousers not that you were one.. 😂

4 minutes ago, YorkieT17 said:

Not going to lie, I thought that you were hoping to hunt down scousers not that you were one.. 😂

We do that effect on people sometimes. 😂

Archived