Classic Army M15 - M16 question

EDcase
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've scoured the internet to the limit of my ability (which is usually adequate) but can't find a definitive answer to this....

I'm looking to buy a Classic Army M15A1 (X-series)

Is their M16VN the same model for US market or actually an updated (better) version?

Anyone with experience of the CA M15A1 please let me know your thoughts

Thanks

Was researching this a couple weeks ago, Evike calls it an M15A1, other shops call it an M16 VN, but both have the same product code AR017M-X, so may well be the same gun.

This review says it is called M15A1 by CA.  The box is newer than some of the older reviews on Youtube.

I ended up buying an M16A2 and will just change the handguard and use shorter mags to get the VN look.

Cheers

G

Hey G thanks for the post.

Yes, that's what I suspected.

Glad to hear you think so too.

What about the duckbill flash hider for yours?

Cheers,

ED

As the M16 was fairly new in Vietnam, not everything was standardised, I've seen photos from Vietnam with a more normal flash hider, so I wasn't going to bother.

They even had a variant which looked nearly like an M4 with an adjustable stock called a Colt Commando!

Cheers

G

Archived