Battle belt and pouches for a fatty

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1542394256_Battlebeltvectorsetup.thumb.jpg.de84e5f576cba470bfb6f91374192244.jpg

I spent most of the day on my belly, in trenches, bushes and generally just being super sneaky.
This is what I ran:
A condor battle belt, with

2 x twin mp5 pouches on a blackhawk! drop down panel (without leg loops, as I've lost em), holding 4 x Vector mags
1 condor twin pistol mag pouch, holding pistol speedloader and bag of BBs
a condor m4 double pouch, holding XXL speedloader and 2 x mk23 mags
no idea who drop leg holster, holding mk23 and 1 x mk23 mag

It's the first time I have run this set up - and in principle it worked ok.
The pouches for the vector mags annoy the crap out of me - They're too long, so I have to stuff the bottom to help raise the mags up.
Because it's not attached, they flap around, which makes quick mag changes impossible. And the flaps don't help either.
I like having them off the belt, as they are so long. It also means I can still use M4 pouches when I'm running MWS main and vector secondary.
I'd like something proper for the mk23 mags, so I can change them quickly too.
The holster works well, which is something at least - shame it only comes in black.

So..... What can I do to make things better?
New battle belt - but which one? Any suggestions? Needs to be able to take a decent amount of weight for when I run the MWS.
And what else in terms of pouches to speed up the reload process? (I don't want a dump pouch btw - tried one and hated it)...

ITW Fast Mags are great. 

I run a Crye Blast belt, which is uber padded and comfortable, with Crye under armour suspenders. These spread the load nicely. 

TMC and/or Emerson almost certainly make better than decent replicas if you cannot find a suitable size/price on eBay. 

Just now, Dentonboy said:

ITW Fast Mags are great. 

I run a Crye Blast belt, which is uber padded and comfortable, with Crye under armour suspenders. These spread the load nicely. 

TMC and/or Emerson almost certainly make better than decent replicas if you cannot find a suitable size/price on eBay. 

How are they for the larger gentleman?
I'll check em out....
I've not heard of ITW fast mags, I'll check them out., cheers 😄 

They adjust, not sure how far up to, and come in size variations. Belts are around 80 - 100 notes, plus have detachable pads inside. 

Suspenders are around 25 notes. 

Can only say that they are great IMHO. I did have a very comfy LBT MOLLE belt and the Crye one made it instantly sellable as it was so much better. 

If you want to use long mags then they can’t really be on a pivot point of your body. It’s better and more comfortable to run vector/mp5/ump/p90 etc mags on a drop leg off your belt or a plate carrier. 

1 minute ago, Wo1f said:

If you want to use long mags then they can’t really be on a pivot point of your body. It’s better and more comfortable to run vector/mp5/ump/p90 etc mags on a drop leg off your belt or a plate carrier. 

That's what I do at the moment... sort of....
You've confirmed what I thought though - a proper drop leg for the vector mags

@Wo1f - have you got the WAS sabre drop leg?

• Supporters

OR you could attach some shock cord to the bottom of the ‘dangler’ panel that hooks around your leg (like all drop leg what evers do) see if that helps ? 

4 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

OR you could attach some shock cord to the bottom of the ‘dangler’ panel that hooks around your leg (like all drop leg what evers do) see if that helps ? 

That's a good idea in principle, but I'm not sure if it hangs low enough to do that...... I may end up cutting up my unmentionables!

• Supporters
3 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

That's a good idea in principle, but I'm not sure if it hangs low enough to do that...... I may end up cutting up my unmentionables!

Yea did think of the castration effect , why I thought of shock cord not elastic , the cord won’t roll up like elastic plus you can run it any length that’ll have just enough spring in it to hold the panel in the right place but not tight enough to turn you boy soprano ? 😖

Sorry for thread hijack but... What are people's thoughts on wearing battle belts like this, but with the buckle to the back? So you get optimal molle to the front and sides. Odd or ok? 

• Supporters

Most padded ‘battle belts’ are shaped to the contours of your body which puts the buckle at the front , but you could have the buckle anywhere on a ‘rigger’ type of belt if you wanted .

9 hours ago, Lokai said:

Sorry for thread hijack but... What are people's thoughts on wearing battle belts like this, but with the buckle to the back? So you get optimal molle to the front and sides. Odd or ok? 

I'd find that counter productive - The load's designed to be spread across your hips and lower back....
You'd find the buckle would dig in quite a lot, I would think (although I could be completely wrong!).
And for me, it would mean when I'm crawling around , I can't get flat to the floor, cos I'd be squishing all my kit!

I've seen someone do that, and planning to try it myself. 

Depends on the weight you plan to carry.  In my case yesterday I ran my belt as light as possible, 5 mags and a dump pouch with a bag of BBs to refil the mags, so had i worn the belt back to front I don't think it would have been a problem.

I rarely crawl and find it a faff to get at the mags when they are off to one side.

When running with an HPA bottle, I would definitely want it at the back though.

Cheers

G

I see what you mean.  As the pouches are pretty much on your thighs anyway have you considered a drop leg molle panel?

That way you might get a bit less flapping around

Cheers

G

On 02/09/2018 at 23:01, Lokai said:

I wouldn’t. They’re designed for the load to come from your hips. Turning the other way round would mean you’d have to be constantly slightly bending over with the load perpendicular to your spine. Not a good situation 

Cheers for the response chaps, it would be quite a loaded belt, suppose if I'm going to be wearing it all day I don't want to risk my back.

Archived