AFUK@The Mall, Q & A's

Tackle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hey all, having not played the Mall for at least six years, I was gonna post a question, then I thought others may have similar questions, so heres a thread for all to post in.

My question is, my memory of the basement areas is a bit fuzzy, are there lots of low hanging pipes etc that taller players could smack themselves on in the dark ?

I'm 6.2, my boys 6.3, not so worried about myself but if I take him home with stitches in his nut the missus will kill me, so I'm wondering whether to get him a helmet ?

Cheers

Mark

• Head Moderator
1 minute ago, Tackle said:

so I'm wondering whether to get him a helmet ?

Yes. 

Plenty to hit your head on in the low light. My FAST helmet saved me when falling backwards over an object on the floor and bouncing my head off the wall.

• Supporters

No low hanging pipes and I can't think of anywhere that is low enough to bang your head on. 

Wearing a helmet is a case of choice. I personally don't as it is just another thing to help you overheat. A cap is more than enough for bb hits and while I have banged my head a fair few times it has never been bad enough to cause any real damage. Can't recall anyone getting injured there in anyway that wearing a helmet would of helped either.

• Supporters

Lol, that's cleared that up 🤕,cheers guys, I think I'll take a couple of lids anyway & recce when I get there.

felt pretty sure there was pipework such as dry riser junctions etc, I know when I played the ucap tunnels years ago I was clattering my head all day long, lid saved me numerous times.

im not one of those pussies that worries about bb strikes in the head, part of the game.

cheers

I have a fast helmet I used to wear there but like all my other kit I has got left behind due to preferring the 'less is more' style. I have never hit my head on anything there before, or seen anything that was dangerously low. Yeah some cupboards may have some low pipes or something but you wouldn't want to be in the cupboards anyway..

I chuck a cap on to protect my nogging and forehead from bbs but dont need much else

He will need a torch though...

And haribo, bring me haribo!!

• 3 weeks later...

Drink/food as it looks like a short break for lunch.

Good footwear, I would suggest with good ankle support, no branches, but BBs on the floor 😉

Not essential, but a tracer unit makes it more enjoyable.

Earplugs if you don't like heavy metal 😁.

Cheers

G

• Mostly Retired Moderators
54 minutes ago, Keldon said:

Other than a tourch/RIF/bbs what do you think is essential for the mall? 

Try and keep it light as possible. Lots of stairs and escalators. A belt rig with three mag pouches is more than enough over a plate carrier with 7 mag pouches, utility pouch, grenade pouch etc.

Quick breaks between games, so just a few bottles of water and a box of Bakewell tarts should keep you going.

Bring a sense of humour too.

• Head Moderator
8 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

a few bottles of water and a box of Bakewell tarts should keep you going.

Keeping hydrated is key, I sweat pints.  Good call on the Bakewell tarts.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Robert James said:

I smashed my head into a pillar in the kids zone.... If i didnt have a helmet, I could have done damage. Or helped my self, who knows. 

Damage? Pfft, bit late there.. if your hitting your head I’ll get some nipple protection.😏

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Harsh, but fair. 

Wasn’t expecting that as a response...was expecting a little bite back... oh well. Should be a great afternoon, and you get the chance to shoot me.. a lot...😒

2 hours ago, Prisce said:

Wasn’t expecting that as a response...was expecting a little bite back... oh well. Should be a great afternoon, and you get the chance to shoot me.. a lot...😒

Just back from Greece. Jet lagged. Quote me in a few days and I'll have something 😏

Archived