Going to Airsoft alone...?

Cleaners inc
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ChrisG said:

If i get hit there ill just crawl round everywhere instead 😂.

First timer... assault or sniper? What would be best?

Get good eye pro and a half face mask.

First time... break your cherry with an AEG, get in there, get hit, blown up and have fun.

And that's coming from someone who prefers to snipe.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Immortal said:

First time... break your cherry with an AEG, get in there, get hit, blown up and have fun.

And that's coming from someone who prefers to snipe.

Ditto.  I've enjoyed the limited amount of sniping that I've done, but have always packed the MP5K as well and to be honest tend to end up using it as much or more in a typical skirmish.

10 hours ago, ChrisG said:

If i get hit there ill just crawl round everywhere instead 😂.

First timer... assault or sniper? What would be best?

I was looking into snipers as that's my preferred gaming style on consoles but having watched a few skirmish vids the aeg method looks much more fun so that's the path I'm taking, I might try a sniper at some point but I'm in no hurry to get there 

9 minutes ago, Valentine said:

I was looking into snipers as that's my preferred gaming style on consoles but having watched a few skirmish vids the aeg method looks much more fun so that's the path I'm taking, I might try a sniper at some point but I'm in no hurry to get there 

YouTube 'celebs' seem to be very focused on sniping as it makes them look like God with editing, running assault can make or break a team's overall success though. It's also easier and cheaper as an entry point, as a good sniper rifle will cost more to get "right" than a solid AEG. If you want to get your sniper "eye" try pushing yourself with low caps and single shot usage on a rifle, the reduction in viable range of an AR will make you have to work smarter to not be hit, and every shot count. Both handy things for a long term commitment to sniping.

3 minutes ago, skintrade said:

YouTube 'celebs' seem to be very focused on sniping as it makes them look like God with editing, running assault can make or break a team's overall success though. It's also easier and cheaper as an entry point, as a good sniper rifle will cost more to get "right" than a solid AEG. If you want to get your sniper "eye" try pushing yourself with low caps and single shot usage on a rifle, the reduction in viable range of an AR will make you have to work smarter to not be hit, and every shot count. Both handy things for a long term commitment to sniping.

Tbh I doubt I've got the patience for sniping anyway, it can get dull on a console when there are guaranteed targets lol 

14 minutes ago, skintrade said:

Already spotted first sniper rifle i wanna buy too 🙄😂.

Still unsure what to go as this weekend! 

Make sure you look into site limited before investing in a sniper too, I really like the ruger one at patrol base but even cerberus states it must be max 500fps (well within that range) and bolt action (the ruger is a gas powered non bolt action) so that ruled that out almost immediately, may still get one for back yard plonking tho

• Supporters
1 hour ago, ChrisG said:

Still unsure what to go as this weekend!

It's Hallowe'en weekend, so I'd say: a spooky ghost.

However, I'd strongly urge that you play as a spooky ghost with an AEG, even if the site rents sniper packages.  A rental AEG is likely to be 90% as effective as 90% of the other guns there right off the (spooky) bat.  Even if you did get given a properly upgraded and well set up sniper rifle as a rental (and a spooky unicorn to ride on, which is about as likely), to actually use it effectively you'd also need to know the site so that you can exploit the few situations where that extra 20 yards or so of range will actually make a difference.

I'd hate to see you get frustrated on your first day out, which is more likely than not using a cheap rental bolt action.  With an AEG you can have a laugh just spraying and praying.

2 hours ago, Valentine said:

Make sure you look into site limited before investing in a sniper too, I really like the ruger one at patrol base but even cerberus states it must be max 500fps (well within that range) and bolt action (the ruger is a gas powered non bolt action) so that ruled that out almost immediately, may still get one for back yard plonking tho

The sniper just falls under the fps limits for my local site so im happy about that. The pistols i need to look into more.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

It's Hallowe'en weekend, so I'd say: a spooky ghost.

However, I'd strongly urge that you play as a spooky ghost with an AEG, even if the site rents sniper packages.  A rental AEG is likely to be 90% as effective as 90% of the other guns there right off the (spooky) bat.  Even if you did get given a properly upgraded and well set up sniper rifle as a rental (and a spooky unicorn to ride on, which is about as likely), to actually use it effectively you'd also need to know the site so that you can exploit the few situations where that extra 20 yards or so of range will actually make a difference.

I'd hate to see you get frustrated on your first day out, which is more likely than not using a cheap rental bolt action.  With an AEG you can have a laugh just spraying and praying.

Ive attached what packages they offer. I dont know which model guns they are to say if they're good or not. Think you're right for spray and pray sounds good for first go. I can always do single shots if i wanted sniper tactics maybe.

Screenshot_20181024-144401_Facebook.jpg

15 minutes ago, ChrisG said:

The sniper just falls under the fps limits for my local site so im happy about that. The pistols i need to look into more.

Ive attached what packages they offer. I dont know which model guns they are to say if they're good or not. Think you're right for spray and pray sounds good for first go. I can always do single shots if i wanted sniper tactics maybe.

Screenshot_20181024-144401_Facebook.jpg

Out of that lot I'd pick the m4 an I'm not even a fan of that particular style of rifle, the lmg looks fun but not suited to carrying around a lot, more of a dug in support gun there

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Wow, if they're really doing a hire package with an AEG, vest, multiple magazines (mid caps?) and a pistol, I'd snap that up.

Its £40 to rent it. Bargain?

7 minutes ago, ChrisG said:

Worth it for a first session, 10 quid for the BBs so 30 to get 2 guns, a vest, and the mags for the day. You've seen how much buying would cost, so unless you want a 2 tone until you're UKARA registered, the answer is yes. You might decide against this hobby, and that's a good reason to rent to start. Once you've got your UKARA buy the gun or guns that suit your play style.

15 minutes ago, ChrisG said:

If that's for a whole day then yes that's very good considering what they're offering in the rental package.

Normally most places offer a G36, one hicap mag and enough BBs to tease you.

4 minutes ago, Immortal said:

If that's for a whole day then yes that's very good considering what they're offering in the rental package.

Normally most places offer a G36, one hicap mag and enough BBs to tease you.

Oh ok. Ill look to get that then 😊 thanks for the heads up on it everyone.

16 minutes ago, skintrade said:

Worth it for a first session, 10 quid for the BBs so 30 to get 2 guns, a vest, and the mags for the day. You've seen how much buying would cost, so unless you want a 2 tone until you're UKARA registered, the answer is yes. You might decide against this hobby, and that's a good reason to rent to start. Once you've got your UKARA buy the gun or guns that suit your play style.

Deffo wanna go for the UKARA seen guns i want... need 😂

23 hours ago, skintrade said:

I'd rather take a 40 Mike to the pods than have to visit a dentist after losing a tooth, so face protection over a cup... but then again I'm hung like a gerbil... 😉

40 mike to the pods, AKA Tactical Persistant Contraceptive Deployment

11 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

You'll most likely be doing three rentals before you get your UKARAAEG package, LMG package, sniper package, epic win.

That's a bloody good point actually, have to have 3 games under your belt to get registered so it's a good opportunity if you're going down the rental route rather than two tone

14 hours ago, ChrisG said:

Thanks bud. Will most likely go for that one and just rush into the mix till i get used to it all. 

Get the M4 and get stuck in. You will love it!

Enjoy your first time man and welcome to the sport!

6 hours ago, Valentine said:

That's a bloody good point actually, have to have 3 games under your belt to get registered so it's a good opportunity if you're going down the rental route rather than two tone

Dont wanna go down that route. See it as a waste of money.

5 hours ago, cropzy said:

Get the M4 and get stuck in. You will love it!

Enjoy your first time man and welcome to the sport!

Thanks 😊

Ditto on the waste of cash theory, I'm just waiting on the specna sa-g12 to come back in stock at patrol base before I buy mine, either two tone or "gifted" by an already registered mate I'm not overly fussed which so long as it's mine lol

23 hours ago, ChrisG said:

Dont wanna go down that route. See it as a waste of money.

Thanks 😊

Well, sorry to say you have to go down this route if you want a UKARA registration.  

Archived