Going to Airsoft alone...?

Cleaners inc
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 01/09/2018 at 13:37, YorkieT17 said:

I’ve only ever gone on my own, not likely to change that either. I’m happy with my own company to be honest. 

So you know I gave it the big I am...

I’ve only gone and joined a bloody team now 😂

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve generally only played alone as none of my family or friends were interested in joining up! Had great experiences and generally and on the whole the community is friendly and happy to have a chat.

After a couple or so visits, have made some friends at my local club site and started teaming up with them / sitting in the same area, etc.

To keep it away from all being airy fairy, I did find some of the 1337-operator types to be the most stand-offish and arrogant. Always good shooting one with a two tone rifle!!!

On 02/09/2018 at 13:29, Game Cam said:

Yeah I was surprised how many universities have a Airsoft society, most of them tend to and have decent amount of members.

Personally I tend to roll solo since I'm a one man army and it gives me the freedom to just randomly go. I would say I do like playing with my friends and having someone watching my back.

I do know alot of people in my area (and beyond) and I'm mates with most of them so if we both happen to be there we might tag team or I might post a message saying that I'll be a site and see whos going. It is really easy to get on with most Airsoft folk.

I only learned about what "societies" really are way after I graduated. They weren't permitted at my uni. Nor were student councils, or NUS membership. Thinking back, it wasn't a particularly friendly campus. Nobody spoke to each other or stayed in touch after, although there were no halls so most people commuted in and had to leave straight after classes to catch the trains back out of London. No freshers week or anything like that. There was an evening drinks thing the day after dissertation due date that a few people showed up to for an hour or so then headed off. Haven't the foggiest what any of my classmates are doing now. So I suppose even if societies had been allowed, nobody would have signed up to them anyway.

Have never been on my own, I would however but I doubt I would muster the motivation to go if someone wasn’t waiting on me (I’m the driver in our group) as I’m a lazy fucker and  NOT a morning person so would likely roll back over and go back to sleep when the early alarm went off on a Sunday morning! 

• 2 weeks later...

I have only recently got into Airsoft and I go on my own,But I must say when I go I chat with people to learn about guns,kit etc and find going on your own is just as much fun😀😀

I always go on my own. Mainly because my situation dictates that if I were to arrange to meet people, I'd inevitably let em down, as I frequently end up not going when I'm supposed to.
It frustrates the shit out of me, so I don't want to impose that on other people.
That being said, I play the same sites regularly, so I recognise a lot of the players.
I'll fight alongside anyone, so just hook up with a group that seems to play the same way as me and then get straight to the shooting 😄 

Never been with a group, always gone alone personally. Tried to get some friends to go a few times but they have no way of commuting so hasn't happened yet.

The usual case is, on the field you'll be alone but end up being dragged into a group while pushing/attacking or defending. I've yet to find a group that didn't want an extra member and many of them will happily welcome you in (especially if you have a revive rule on that game day).

throughout a game I'll usually dip between groups and help out where I can, I don't know any of them personally but you always notice the regulars who are always grateful for the assistance/support.

I have had a gap of not airsofting for 11 years and recently found some site close to me.  I went on my own but by the end of a couple of games, I have made new friends.  But that’s just me I like chatting to others as we are all in the same “airsoft” boat with guns!

• 5 weeks later...

Been to my local airsoft site five times now, always gone alone. Most of the time just make friends on the day. Some of the  large groups that show up can be a bit up themselves. There are a few regulars who also attend alone and have been teamed with them on occasions. Like me most seem to be just there for a days skirmishing fun.

I was supposed to be going with a good friend of mine an some of his old work buddies that I kinda know but it looks like he's chucking in the towel before we've even started so I'll be flying solo myself by the look of things, gonna be interesting using public transport with a gun bag til I get some wheels of my own back on the road but I'm sure I'll manage

4 minutes ago, Valentine said:

I was supposed to be going with a good friend of mine an some of his old work buddies that I kinda know but it looks like he's chucking in the towel before we've even started so I'll be flying solo myself by the look of things, gonna be interesting using public transport with a gun bag til I get some wheels of my own back on the road but I'm sure I'll manage

I dont drive. Ill be on public transport in half camo clothing 😂

4 minutes ago, ChrisG said:

I dont drive. Ill be on public transport in half camo clothing 😂

I'm lucky in that way, my chosen gear is all black, does mean 2 bags tho cos the vest, mask an helmet won't fit in the gun bag so I'll probably use a holdall for the gear an a tennis bag for the guns then it'll just look like I'm heading to a gym lol

9 minutes ago, Valentine said:

I'm lucky in that way, my chosen gear is all black, does mean 2 bags tho cos the vest, mask an helmet won't fit in the gun bag so I'll probably use a holdall for the gear an a tennis bag for the guns then it'll just look like I'm heading to a gym lol

Haha good plan! I still have time to switch clothing. Maybe just black combats will do for now. 

Granted the umbrella corps patches may cause some raised eyebrows once I work out how to attach them to the sleeves of my fleece without burning it but I ca live with that 😂

6 minutes ago, Valentine said:

Granted the umbrella corps patches may cause some raised eyebrows once I work out how to attach them to the sleeves of my fleece without burning it but I ca live with that 😂

Haha well im total novice. Never been airsoft before. Dont wanna rock up fully kitted out like i know wtf im doing 🤣. Bought goggles and a half face mask thatll do for my first time.

Just now, ChrisG said:

Haha well im total novice. Never been airsoft before. Dont wanna rock up fully kitted out like i know wtf im doing 🤣. Bought goggles and a half face mask thatll do for my first time.

Ditto but I have had a bit of a play in my mates back yard with some cheap springer side arms his g&g raider an my day glow pos that I picked up for £15 quid from cash converters of all places so I know enough that I'd rather have my head covered just in case but I'll probably make do with a beanie hat most of the time, same reason I bought an athletic cup cos that's just downright unpleasant when a stray bb hits bullseye

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, ChrisG said:

Bought goggles and a half face mask thatll do for my first time

Might not want to wear those on the bus. ;)

Really, you'll both be fine turning up solo, it's super easy to get talking to folk.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Might not want to wear those on the bus. ;)

Really, you'll both be fine turning up solo, it's super easy to get talking to folk.

Haha no probably not!! 

2 hours ago, Valentine said:

Ditto but I have had a bit of a play in my mates back yard with some cheap springer side arms his g&g raider an my day glow pos that I picked up for £15 quid from cash converters of all places so I know enough that I'd rather have my head covered just in case but I'll probably make do with a beanie hat most of the time, same reason I bought an athletic cup cos that's just downright unpleasant when a stray bb hits bullseye

Im taking a beanie and ooh forgot about a cup!!

7 minutes ago, ChrisG said:

Haha no probably not!! 

Im taking a beanie and ooh forgot about a cup!!

Apparently most people do but I don't wanna catch a stray there, think I'd rather lose a tooth lol

Just now, ChrisG said:

Off to order a cup! Game on 😂

Ebay is your friend there, doesn't need to be anything special just enough to deflect anything that's wondered a little too low lol

I'd rather take a 40 Mike to the pods than have to visit a dentist after losing a tooth, so face protection over a cup... but then again I'm hung like a gerbil... 😉

Archived