Questions on for sale ads

Prisce
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Is it just me or do you receive no notifications for people posting questions on adverts? Without notification I’m not sure how I’m supposed to know someone has posted.

Or am I just being a technotard again?

• Root Admin

I will do a quick test now and find out. I know the emails are coming through a bit slow right now as we use a 3rd party service to serve them so that they don't go into spam boxes as frequently. Unfortunately this caps the amount we can do per month and once that limit is hit it's bye-bye email notifications.

• Root Admin

I should have asked for clarification but now I have it. If this is about no notifications at all then it won't trigger an email, so I'll take that into consideration. Of course you're also able to disable these notifications manually, but I will just confirm that it's working ok for me.

• Root Admin

You're right by the way - it's not sending notifications. I'll give it a further look when possible.

Strangely it is working fine when a question is answered.

It does also work through the default 'follow' action. If you follow your own advert it will send you notifications, but this should be the default frankly.

screenshot-airsoft-forums.uk-2018.08.31-22-41-47.png

Archived