Left my WE Glock 17 cocked for three weeks

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Maybe four.

Not  really a safety issue.

The mag was without bbs, only had a touch of gas for the seals and was in any case stored separately. But I had forgotten to release the trigger.

So I imagine the striker spring has been weakened and may not last too long.

If it goes in the near future, is it easy to find a new spring and how easy is it for a novice like me to fit it?  

Yes it fires OK Adolf.

Good to know Mr Dogbert.

If I can't do it I take comfort from knowing I can send it to you.😁

I am becoming very fond of gbb pisols. And since I only play cqb I am not too bothered about accuracy.

I am a bit of a collector and have always favoured handguns over rifles, and at 10-20 yards all I require is point and shoot.

WE may not be the best but they have a good range of well priced guns and are a Godsend to collectors.

• Supporters

+1 for not sweating it.  Holding a spring compressed may weaken it slightly, but I suspect it's a tale that grows in the telling.  I left my broken springer shotgun cocked for several months before sorting it out.  It's notionally a ~250fps gun but currently shoots at ~275fps.  Don't worry about fixing what's not broken.

Archived