If you really must have a green gas 1911.....?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

....... despite their low mag capacity for both gas and bbs, which reasonably priced one do you go for?

To be bought knowing that you might not often use it for skirmishing, or that you might shell out for a whole stack of extra mags to run with it.

KWC elite force excluded.

Are the newer WEs better than they used to be.

• Supporters

tbh the 1911 suffers a bit of the luger problem- the single stack just doesn't really hold enough green gas.

i'd say if you want 1911 style then something with a modernised double stack mag is going to be the better option.

Thanks Adolf, but if you want it only for occasional garden shooting and display, which one is a decent buy in terms of reliability.

I don''t care much for the looks of hicapas, even though I own one.

I prefer the original 1911 and 1911 A1.

2 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Are the newer WEs better than they used to be.

WE brand at least from the gbb side seems to have stepped up on the quality control I  find that the pistols I own ( Makarov, gen 4 Glock 17 and SIG p 226)  perform very well and fit my need, which is basically to work every time I pull the trigger. Unfortunately, the finish on the SIG and Glock 17 seemed to wear fast and they do not have the same performance as some TM pistol (which you would expect considering the price difference and TM craftmanship and rep)  but they work and the price I paid, I am very happy. 

So if you wanting a showpiece WE generally do good replica i.e if metal on the RS pistol it metal on the WE version, it works well for  backyard plinking with the possibility of skirmish use  then WE is one good way to go lots of place stock WE products and I believe they are based on the TM 1911 design so there should be plenty of spare/repair and upgrades if you are looking at that further down the line.     

There is also the new offering from G&G the GPM1911  https://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=8063 I have not see or used one yet but I would like to and it could be a possible alternative if it within your budget. 

I've got the WE 1943 spec 1911 for a sort of SOE inspired loadout. Its a good gun , I've also got their G18 and have no issues with either . The quality seems bomb proof to me , I run mine on red gas to give a bit more snap with the metal slides. Would happily recommend the 1911.

If you can deal with the plastic, the TM will be the most reliable/ gas efficient. If you don’t mind if it can’t empty a mag then the WE offers you metal externals. 

Why no co2?

Thanks lads.

Ive thought briefly about co2, but it would be no good if I did occasionally want to use it in a game.

•  

Plus I'm not over keen. It dries out seals, puts more pressure on parts and,  once you've put a co2 capsule in a mag you have to shoot it off.

I take you point about TM. Great for play. But not so good for display. 

Get any TM 1911 and buy the new TM M45A1 mags. They are redesigned TM meu mags that do away with the black plastic bottom and replace it with a slightly bigger gas tank. It really does help and I can get through roughly 31 BBS on a hot day per gas fill. They work with any meu pistol not just the M45

Get the strike warrior if you want the most gas efficient as the detonics slide is incredibly lightweight. 

Thanks for the advice.

I must say I like the look of the G&G.

Only time will tell how reliable it is. Their M92 has already been out for a while but very few seem to be talking about it.

Their gbbs don't seem to have caught on in big way.

21 hours ago, Wo1f said:

If you can deal with the plastic, the TM will be the most reliable/ gas efficient. If you don’t mind if it can’t empty a mag then the WE offers you metal externals. 

Why no co2?

I don't find emptying the mag an issue using red gas in my WE 

• 1 month later...

I've got a secutor rudis that comes with interchangeable nozzles so you can use gas or co2.  Shoots under 350 on co2 with the small one and get loads of mags out of a bulb.

Can't see why anyone would get a green gas one when there are pistols like this on the market.  I've used it every game day for 6 months so far with no issues and it's nice and accurate out of the box

Archived