Cheapo beginners kit!

swingledingle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all! 

I got all this lot for under £60! I’m heading to my first outdoors walk on this weekend and will be repping my new kit! 

I know it’s basic and mismatched but I only wanted cheap until I get more experience and more Airsoft savvy! 

Please give any any suggestions or tips on what I should change or try new! 

Ps: plz be kind! And my room is a mess no judgement 56946E89-1183-478A-8642-C3A504367D68.thumb.jpeg.101c1ca03a7fda77128f5804e3261213.jpeg😂

Nothing wrong with any of that.

I'd get some gloves, and a water bottle pouch.

Outdoor games can be long, and having something to drink is pretty important. Gloves because some of the time you will be on the floor or pushing the gun through brambles. Neither part needs to be expensive.

A decent scrim net scarf is also pretty useful.  You can wrap your face, neck, use it as a head cover, Or towel in a pickle.

• Supporters

nothing wrong there , better equipped than most ‘noob’s’ 👍

• Supporters

Definitely recommend some sort of hydration pouch. You can attach them using the MOLLE system to the back of your PC. 

Kneepads are pretty nice to have too!

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Nothing says it’s a fun day more than kneeling on a shit load of BB’s without knee pads ! 😖😭😭

Thanks everyone! I’ll definitely sort out the hydration! And gloves are ordered but taking a while to get here 🙄 will also look into the scarf!

anyone got any clues on face protection... I know I want goggles not glasses. The goggles I bought from amazon steam up in seconds! Shot them and they took a couple hits so safe! But won’t be able to see 

• Supporters

Have a look around using the search function. There's years of information here to learn from and you can answer most of your questions instantly.

On the topic of fogging.. get a little fan and mount it on top of the goggles. I used a similar setup with my Dye i4s and it worked great. You could also use anti-fog wipes (Revision are great).

Personally I use ESS ICE, but those are glasses not goggles. Whatever you buy make sure they've got the appropriate safety ratings. I say this because there's a lot of knockoffs on Amazon that, whilst cheap, are sketchy at best at protecting your eyes. Ratings are there so that you don't have to test them!

ESS, Bolle, Valken and Revision are a few that I'd trust. 

9 hours ago, swingledingle said:

Thanks everyone! I’ll definitely sort out the hydration! And gloves are ordered but taking a while to get here 🙄 will also look into the scarf!

anyone got any clues on face protection... I know I want goggles not glasses. The goggles I bought from amazon steam up in seconds! Shot them and they took a couple hits so safe! But won’t be able to see 

Can highly recommend ESS V12 for goggles. 

Consider using volleyball/sports type knee pads that go under trousers. I tried them after a tip from another member and they work a treat, really comfortable and don’t slide down your leg all the time 

+1 to Bolle goggles. Just make sure you don’t block the vent holes. Get some antifog wipes for the days it does happen. If my Bolle goggles ever do fog I find that moving my head about a bit usually sorts it out.

5 hours ago, YorkieT17 said:

+1 to Bolle goggles. Just make sure you don’t block the vent holes. Get some antifog wipes for the days it does happen. If my Bolle goggles ever do fog I find that moving my head about a bit usually sorts it out.

What sort of bolle goggles? Does anyone have any links? Had a look at ESS and they are too pricey for my liking at the moment! I know I shouldn’t skimp on face protection but I don’t want to spend too much! 

• Supporters

Are you scouring ebay and the classifieds?  That's the main thing.  Like yeah you have to go to retailers sometimes, but the majority of the time they're best avoided frankly.  That was truly my biggest learning point over the years buying gear.

3 minutes ago, swingledingle said:

What sort of bolle goggles? Does anyone have any links? Had a look at ESS and they are too pricey for my liking at the moment! I know I shouldn’t skimp on face protection but I don’t want to spend too much! 

Bolt trackers are cheap and are bb resistant  (so far)  although mine fog, haven't used wipes on them though. 

1 hour ago, swingledingle said:

V12s can be had on eBay for £30 

• Moderators

ESS V12s as mentioned, always good, remove all foam and you'll be fine, i tend to use them more than my fan googles, as with most its good to keep moving to keep air flow

maybe some fogtech wipes if the antifog cloth doesn't work which i also use

Remember though, what may work for me and him and them may not work for you fog wise as we are all different, you may have better luck. I cant wear sawflies as they fog the moment i put them on yet others swear by them :) 

Ebay is good, generally around £20 - £30, dont pay any more

tbh i got a pair of pre-owned a few months back for £15 and not a mark on them!

That is a million times better than what I had in my first game = A hoodie, A springer and a baseball cap! Yup, I was THAT guy! 

Okay! I’ll have a little look, a guy in the Airsoft shop I buy from recommended the goggles he sells for £20.. unsure on brand though!  

Thanks everyone though youve all been so helpful! I’m really looking forward to Sunday! I hope everyone is kind and I fit in aha

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

You had a hoodie?  LUXURY!

When I were a'new softer, I 'ad to skirmish 27 hours a'day wit no gun or eye pro, just running around, wit a hand over ma eyes, flailing blindly 'opin to knife kill sumbudy.

1 hour ago, CKinnerley said:

When I were a'new softer, I 'ad to skirmish 27 hours a'day wit no gun or eye pro, just running around, wit a hand over ma eyes, flailing blindly 'opin to knife kill sumbudy.

Aye lad well you were lucky. 

When I  wor a new ‘softer I ad to skirmish 48 hours a day wi’out even one arm to cover me eyes nor a knife to get me kills. I ‘ad to spit BBs at ‘em and ‘acos I wor so poor I ad to eat the Bio ones for lunch. 

18 hours ago, swingledingle said:

Bolle X 800 X810 or X1000. You can usually pick em up for around £20 on EBay, the classifieds or Facebook market place. I’m sure the ESS are also a good alternative.

On 31/08/2018 at 00:49, Gepard said:

Definitely recommend some sort of hydration pouch. You can attach them using the MOLLE system to the back of your PC. 

Just played my first game and agree about the hydration pack.

+1 for hydration, defiantly get knee pads, they are a must. Very happy with my Bolle trackers, the very first hit I took was right in the eye pro !

Kit looks great, sometimes a mix of camo types works better than a 'unified' look

Archived