Anyone know where I can find a poncho like this?

Haru
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

To be fair that’s a hazard4 poncho and it’s made from softshell fabric , neither of wich are cheap (the fabric will be best quality) so that price is expensive BUT not particularly exorbitant for that particular one .

PS I’ve never seen a softshell poncho before and to be honest don’t really see the point of it , it’s not 100% waterproof so your going to get wet eventually and it won’t keep you that warm either ? 

Edit.

Just tried Snuff’s suggestion and did find them , but still don’t see the point to them , Say’La’vie ! 👍 

54 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

To be fair that’s a hazard4 poncho and it’s made from softshell fabric , neither of wich are cheap (the fabric will be best quality) so that price is expensive BUT not particularly exorbitant for that particular one .

PS I’ve never seen a softshell poncho before and to be honest don’t really see the point of it , it’s not 100% waterproof so your going to get wet eventually and it won’t keep you that warm either ? 

Edit.

Just tried Snuff’s suggestion and did find them , but still don’t see the point to them , Say’La’vie ! 👍 

they look tacticool :)

I got a DPM one of eBay for about £7.  Plastic, but does the job.

Cheers

G

If you want the best get a pair of tent ponchos. There normally ugly as sin, but with the added advantage of been able to make a tent with them.

The Germans do a set in flecktarn that make a 2 man tent. And the Polish do a set that makes a 2 man tipi. I'm quite fond of both sets.

https://www.militarymart.co.uk/polish-army-dome-tent-lavvu-teepee/

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/German-Army-Bundeswehr-Flecktarn-2-Man-Pup-Tent-Zeltbahn-shelter-New-Supergrade-/252420517542

• Supporters
2 hours ago, MisterG said:

I got a DPM one of eBay for about £7.  Plastic, but does the job.

I'm a convert now.  I haven't had cause to use mine in airsoft yet, but I've tried it in Scotch summer conditions (i.e. torrential rain) and they're ace.  Much more breathable than a sleeved jacket, good freedom and flexibility, and as an unexpected bonus, they do a half way reasonable job of breaking up your outline.

I find it easier to use than a jacket in heavy rain and keeps rain off the gear and rifle (when not in use).

And the hood stops rain dripping down my back

They have a basic ‘almost black’ one on the same website:

https://www.military1st.co.uk/10633003-mil-tec-vinyl-poncho-dark-blue.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlfjkjKKX3QIVxrTtCh2suQ_CEAQYDSABEgIaGPD_BwE

Google ‘army poncho’, ‘military poncho’ or just ‘poncho’ for an abundance of choice at various prices

.... and I have a couple of boxes of these!!!!!!!!!!....

7440D8B4-001C-4F7E-BCDA-80BD5E7E6016.png

37 minutes ago, Haru said:

the thing is, most pochos look like bin bags with a hole in em. I might just bite the bullet and cough up the £100 when the time comes but i'll keep a look out

That’s pretty much what a poncho is - a blanket with a hole in it or a sheet of plastic / rubber with a hole in it

With that big pocket on the front, it looks to me like a cross between a WW2 canoe/mountain troops smock and a poncho

6 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

That’s pretty much what a poncho is - a blanket with a hole in it or a sheet of plastic / rubber with a hole in it

With that big pocket on the front, it looks to me like a cross between a WW2 canoe/mountain troops smock and a poncho

yeah, I was hoping for something a little more modern. I'm going for a techwear/cyberpunk inspired setup

32 minutes ago, Haru said:

yeah, I was hoping for something a little more modern. I'm going for a techwear/cyberpunk inspired setup

You probably have two choices:

1) follow the fashion and get your wallet out 

2) innovate & create - pay a reasonable price and learn to sew/stick & modify yourself 

3 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

You probably have two choices:

1) follow the fashion and get your wallet out 

2) innovate & create - pay a reasonable price and learn to sew/stick & modify yourself 

Yup, I was thinking of hiring a cosplay commissioner to make one for me, would probably turn out a little cheaper if i find the right person

• Supporters

If you're fussed about such things (to reinforce what's already mentioned) - the H4 is an entirely different beast to the vast majority of ponchos.  Softshell breathes great but doesn't block a huge amount of rain, almost all other ponchos will fall under Hardshell and won't breathe but stop a lot more rain, also probably much cheaper.  Either would be of use outdoors in the winter all just depends where you're gonna use the thing.  I'd imagine any tailor could probably throw together a copy of the Haz 4 using cheap fabric for not much, but actual poly/cotton uniform fabric itself tends to be pricier in raw form than general clothing fabrics (and even more for nylon/cotton if you want the colour to last).

• Supporters
  • Supporters

eBay is listing softshell ponchos with a similar look for £52, which is still ripping the proverbial for a tarp with a hood and a pocket.

Don't cyberpunks usually go the duster route?

3 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

eBay is listing softshell ponchos with a similar look for £52, which is still ripping the proverbial for a tarp with a hood and a pocket.

Don't cyberpunks usually go the duster route?

im thinking more towards ghost in the shell and HOLY GREAT FIND. how did i not come across this yesterday, i searched for hours

Archived