how do you really go about making a team if you got not mates :)

GazeTasty
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

😀hello I have been having a lot of trouble going to airsoft with mates of mine so I had a big idea to start a team a few weeks back and I was pointed to the team list thing on here but I dont think anyone is going to join. problem is a few things firstly I dont know people that well at my local sites and Im not sure if they are into the same things I am regarding team loadouts and whatever. another thing is its just me wanting to do it I have no friends or whatever would like the idea so I basically need to find some ways to get people to join and after reading and watching loads of stuff I still dont know I only got a few Ideas but they might not be the right ideas at this point In time for a team.

A Website was one of the ideas I had seen a few times I think wix do it for free aswell.only issue with that is that sounds to me like the sort of thing you do when you have a team set up.(also forgot to say I dont have a name or anything either so that could be a problem for it)

social media I really like this idea but mine is filled with people who will maybe take mic out of me

ask people from local field yeah already discussed this

friends....I aint got any

so yeah I have no idea what to do so please if anyone can help me and if anyone can understand my poor writing skills please would be really good to hear what you think about these ideas and if you have your own.

thanks

• Supporters

Can you join an existing local teams?  Are there any obvious teams at your local site(s)?  Have you asked on the site's inevitable Facebook group?

What is it about the idea of playing with a team that appeals to you?

3 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Can you join an existing local teams?  Are there any obvious teams at your local site(s)?  Have you asked on the site's inevitable Facebook group?

What is it about the idea of playing with a team that appeals to you?

no did not think to ask actually. and not sure it does not look like it. and just like the idea of a team you will work better and make new mates and go more often.

cheers  

Might be worth asking the marshalls/site owner, they may be aware of any teams or groups of regaulars who play there.

Also have you posted on the forum when you are playing and where and asking if anyone intested in meeting up? 

That's how I have met up with people from the forum, and we have an ad hoc team forming.

Cheers

G

• Supporters

I found over the years that generally teams formed for the sake of forming a team don’t last , the ones that do all have a connection before it’s formed (wether friends before playing or became friends through the game) not a bunch of strangers making a team .

Basically your going to need to keep going regularly , chat to everyone around you in the safezone, strike up conversations on the field when your waiting to start , tag on with other players during the game so your going to get your face remembered BUT don’t crowd them or try to ingratiate your self in too already formed groups (before you know it you’ll be invited if you don’t over egg it) but most importantly don’t be a dick , just be your self and before you know it you’ll have loads of new friends ! (Unless of course you actually ARE a right dick ? Then your well and truly bolloxed !🤣

On the whole us airsofters are a friendly bunch and as long as you just try to fit in and not act like a knob before you know it you should be welcomed with open arms THEN you can start thinking about forming a team . 😉👍

• Supporters

Druid is 110% right, unless your "team" you start is already a proven entity of established friends, your running a real risk of bringing a group of sociopaths together, & if your basing it around your local home site, it will get seriously awkward if things don't work out.

Hell, even if most of the team are ok, using an open door policy will end up with a Looney Walt or two who guaranteed to embarrass the team at some point, which usually means you all get tarred with the same brush.

Sit back, get to know the players in your area & play with honestly & integrity, & you'll prob find a team worth joining will approach you.

Once you have a load out along the style you wanted to play you might find people talk to you about that and become interested if there’s something you want to do with a team style wise.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Game Cam said:

You conformists.

I find the people I most want to be mates with are the weirdos.

‘Fitting in’ at an airsoft site bares absolutely NO RESEMBLANCE to fitting in anywhere else at all !🤣

Archived