They shut my post office !

Druid799
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Title says it all !

Went to post a package to MrG yesterday on the way in to work and my little corner shop post office has been shut down ! Sign on the door said Due to ‘improvements and restructuring’ of postal services it’s been closed down permanently So I have to go to the main office in town , which is in the totally opposite direction to work , park in a car park (and pay !) to send anything from now on ! 🤬

This also now means instead of being able to send kit of any sort (wether it’s a couple of the IR lights I was selling OR a full size RIF) next day when I do sell it it now could take up to a wk or even longer to get it in the mail due to my shifts in work which also means I’m probably going to curtail selling kit now as I’m not happy with the idea of keeping buyers waiting that long .

Plus the really ironic thing as well is (you will piss your selves laughing At this) the shop part of the business WAS MY LOCAL HERMIES AGENT !!!!!!!!!!

thank you Royal Mail for your wonderful community service , NOT ! 🤦‍♂️

Good news though if they're restructuring RM---->😂....seriously though can't you do it online and get them to collect?

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, snuff said:

can't you do it online and get them to collect?

The Royal Fail?  Haaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha.

MyHermes will collect for an extra 50p.  They notionally prohibit sending IFs but in practice don't seem to give a stuff.

• Supporters

Problem I have with collection is I’m an A&E nurse my shifts are all over the place as it is and they can change at a days notice . It’s hard enough having things delivered (luckily I have an awesome postie who’ll try a couple of times through out the morning as he crisiscroses his round or squirrel it away for me) pick up would be a no starter ! 😢

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, E21A said:

Anyone you can give packages to to be collected? 

No one who could I’d trust living around by me I’m afraid 😟  say’la’vie !

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

The Royal Fail?  Haaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha.

MyHermes will collect for an extra 50p.  They notionally prohibit sending IFs but in practice don't seem to give a stuff.

...and hoof it over your gate.....they stitched me for a 2 stroke motor that they claimed they delivered through my...LETTETERBOX...bla,blah.....I still use them myself though...😎..I have a friend that works for them....ha,ha what a shower...

Druid... collect via work,they must have a post room...

• Supporters
2 hours ago, snuff said:

Druid... collect via work,they must have a post room...

Strictly verboten mate , not allowed to have private mail delivered to the hospital post room that’s NOT directly work related .

Archived