WE P226 MK25

adox
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

HI, 

I have a we p226 mk25 and was wondering what upgrades could be done to it. I've had a look online but have not seen too much on it.

Regards,

Arda

• Supporters

maple leaf hop, apart from that leave it alone.

you could go for a longer barrel with suppressor to cover it, but beware your fps is gonna jump if you do that (but you will have a tiny sniper)

I know this is off the point but I watched a youtube review of this gun last night, which was very favourable.

However the owner said it would not fit properly in the Nuprol holster he bought for it. He had an earlier version of the gun which was also railed and it was a perfect fit in the Nuprol.

He reckoned that WE had changed the rail dimensions slightly on the Mk 25.

Has anybody else experienced this?

• Supporters
1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

I know this is off the point but I watched a youtube review of this gun last night, which was very favourable.

However the owner said it would not fit properly in the Nuprol holster he bought for it. He had an earlier version of the gun which was also railed and it was a perfect fit in the Nuprol.

He reckoned that WE had changed the rail dimensions slightly on the Mk 25.

Has anybody else experienced this?

yep, iirc the early version used sig's proprietary rail that's kind of 20mm but rounded which is what the holster was designed for. the current versions have a standard square rail which is a bit of a tight fit.

i just left the pistol in the holster for ages and it wore in, although heat can accellerate the process.

Not an upgrade but the little tab that holds the spring guide in place broke during normal firing on mines, guarder make a steel one that’s worked fine since then. I also put a guarder inner and a maple leaf monster I believe, in, shoots pretty great 

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Neilbarker said:

Not an upgrade but the little tab that holds the spring guide in place broke during normal firing on mines, guarder make a steel one that’s worked fine since then. I also put a guarder inner and a maple leaf monster I believe, in, shoots pretty great 

funny i've had that exact same issue, but with sufficient wiggling you can still get the slide on so i've not bothered doing anything about it.

5 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

yep, iirc the early version used sig's proprietary rail that's kind of 20mm but rounded which is what the holster was designed for. the current versions have a standard square rail which is a bit of a tight fit.

i just left the pistol in the holster for ages and it wore in, although heat can accellerate the process.

Are there any of the older ones still in the shops? How could they be identified by somebody buying online?

Iknow the Mk25 is different, but are all the other versions (eg. the one with the Sig trades and those without any markings) the same?

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Are there any of the older ones still in the shops? How could they be identified by somebody buying online?

Iknow the Mk25 is different, but are all the other versions (eg. the one with the Sig trades and those without any markings) the same?

i've not seen any of the ones with the rounded rails, but if you look at pics of the real one you'll see what i mean, basically the bottom of the tac rail had been rounded.

iirc it was an issue with the rs one as well that they ended up going back to the original rail design as nobody wanted to have to buy sig only accessories.

All I did to help with fitting it in the holster was simple. Use a hair dryer to heat up the holster put the p226 in the holster if it goes in easily leave it in the holster to cool down. If the p226 does not fit in the holster as easily as you like, remove the gun and heat the holster up some more. After it hardens you will have a convenient holster that is easy to use. 

Archived