Tight Bore\Barrel Length Upgrade

matt19norwich
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

I am thinking of putting a tight bore in to my G&G SCAR L but I have a couple of questions before I commit to the upgrade.

The stock barrel in the gun is 357mm I believe. I want to put in a tight bore but dont know if I will be able to put in one of similar size or much longer to go in to my suppressor. In theory I could put up to 420mm Barrel length which would fit inside the suppressor and be supported. 

I know if I just put in a 363mm 6.03  it will just give me a 10-20 fps and I wont need to change any internals.

However, if I put in a barrel around 400mm mark (I think nearest to the 420mm I cant find without cutting one down is about 407mm) Will I get an increase in FPS, and will I need to change my cylinder? Or will I get a decrease in performance and rubbish accuracy etc?

Many thanks in advance.

• Supporters

on an aeg you shouldn't get that much of a change of fps.

you might want to consider checking if you have a ported cylinder (one with a hole cut in the side) and changing to a non-ported cylinder if there's an issue with accuracy with the longer barrel (basically if the gun is well enough ported for the stock length barrel then a longer barrel will leave it under gassed which can effect accuracy).

the worst case if you have poor accuracy you can either look into getting the barrel cut or just changing the cylinder if it's ported.

Thanks for the reply.

My current cylinder is ported on one side roughly 3/4 of the way down from the nozzle. So if I understand correctly I may get an issue with accuracy unless I change to a cylinder without ports on it? Or is it a case of suck it and see?

Thanks

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Be aware of the barrel length as you will have to change the cylinder.

Breakdown

Here is a list of what ranges of barrel lengths which cylinder types are recommended for:

Type 1/2: 110-170mm

Type 3/4: 270-430mm

Type 4/5: 364-460mm

Type 0: 450-580mm

Archived