First ever Airsoft experience

Reevy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Finally tried out Airsoft and well... I love it!

One thing I really need help with is finding good eye pro that doesn’t fog, obviously most eye pro is going to fog eventually but I just need a better recommendation than Bolle since those were the only bad thing I could mention that ruined the experience, even though overall the day was amazing fun, especially meeting new people and checking out their gear.

I played at Combat Airsoft in Thetford and can happily say it was the most fun I’ve had in a while, even though there was about 16 of us at the start of the day and 6 at the end it was great. Staff were super friendly, games were really enjoyable, nothing bad to say at all.

Looking to go a lot more often, all I can say is rip my bank account but it’s worth it lol

9AAB13AA-B24E-458D-92E5-8162A7C23EB9.jpeg

7AEA998F-3885-47C3-AB00-1F8A345E95B7.jpeg

@Reevy Good to hear you had fun,  I play my first game next week.

How did you find playing at Combat Thetford.  This would be one of my local sites.  I played paintball there a few years back and thought it was an awful set up.  But I’ve seen nothing but praise for those playing Airsoft.

17 minutes ago, Gumper said:

How did you find playing at Combat Thetford.  This would be one of my local sites.  I played paintball there a few years back and thought it was an awful set up.  But I’ve seen nothing but praise for those playing Airsoft.

Honestly mate, got nothing bad to say about Combat Airsoft in Thetford, there was a lot of younger people playing paintball, most of the adults that went to play paintball decided to try airsoft instead and ended up renting some gear, they all seemed to enjoy it a lot and had fun, especially when we all played CQB.

There wasn’t many people there when I went on Saturday, even at the end of the day there was only 6 of us so we played irl PUBG, staff said it was probably one of the best days they’ve had in a while for how many people we had. 

Met some super nice people there, everyone played fair and were respectful towards one another, wasn’t really any youngsters there, all adults so we all had a bit of a laugh, staff even offered us a beer at the end of the day which was very nice of them.

19 minutes ago, Reevy said:

Honestly mate, got nothing bad to say about Combat Airsoft in Thetford, there was a lot of younger people playing paintball, most of the adults that went to play paintball decided to try airsoft instead and ended up renting some gear, they all seemed to enjoy it a lot and had fun, especially when we all played CQB.

There wasn’t many people there when I went on Saturday, even at the end of the day there was only 6 of us so we played irl PUBG, staff said it was probably one of the best days they’ve had in a while for how many people we had. 

Met some super nice people there, everyone played fair and were respectful towards one another, wasn’t really any youngsters there, all adults so we all had a bit of a laugh, staff even offered us a beer at the end of the day which was very nice of them.

Good to hear.  I’ll give it a go.  You local?

Personally never had an issue with Bolle goggles, as long as you make sure there’s a little bit of room for airflow around the ventilation gaps they rarely fog. I’ve seen a few people complain about them but they had their face pro blocking the bottom vent. Obviously there are more expensive  options but I haven’t even had to use anti fogging spray/wipes yet. The glasses style ones I have are a bit more problematic but I think this is because the airflow around the lens is more restricted. Others will probably disagree but I think you have to try resist the temptation to wipe the lens using your fingers / gloves as this just introduces more moisture and more fogging. If you already have a pair try some anti fog wipes and see if you can’t improve it without forking our for more eyepro. 

I fog up like no man's business.

Tried ess v12's and they were useless on me, even removed the foam inserts.

I may as well be Stevie wonder out on the field, now I use these in yellow and love them, I do get some moisture but can still see fine.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32486223566.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32486223566&productSubject=-

Seen them get hit with a sniper point blank and not a scratch.

Lenses seem thicker than your average goggles.

22 hours ago, Gumper said:

Ive done one or two milsim-lite games there and a fair few night games, the site is good -  bloody impressive actually. The staff are top notch and the games are always well thought out. Just a shame it can be a four hour round journey for me or id play there more.

• Supporters

I wear prescription inserts in my glasses so I have the pleasure of double fogging to contend with and has done for 18yrs of playing , untill this yr when I was given a Revision anti fog wipe and it WAS a revelation ! As long as I give my glasses a regular wipe through out the day no matter how much I get all hot’n’sweaty no fogging , I may get a wee bit moisture run on the lenses when I stop if I’ve really been hooning around but no fogging .

I have Bolle trackers which I use without any anti fog treatment. I run without the strap in damp weather so they don't sit so tight to my face. That with mesh face pro seems to be all the ventilation they need to prevent fogging. Even last sunday in the pouring rain I had less issues that guys who were using wipes and sprays on their eye pro. 

So I own a Dye i4 mask, it's great. No fog, full vision, comfortable and just nice. They're £55 on sale so kinda pricey. I bought these and they're great also for days when I just don't fancy wearing my dye mask, they're the orginal novritsch goggles, I believe and are just great all around goggles for a good price. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, GemsHD said:

I bought these and they're great also

They're great until they fog up.  Yes, I've tried anti-fog gloop.  They fog up for Workmate Eddy and @Seven too.  It's the firstiest of first world problems. :(

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

They're great until they fog up.  Yes, I've tried anti-fog gloop.  They fog up for Workmate Eddy and @Seven too.  It's the firstiest of first world problems. :(

Ah really? That sucks... I've not used them exessively but I can recommend the dye mask.

• Supporters

They are pretty good, and I would suggest that normal folk give them a try, but we're not called Sweaties up here for nothing. ;)

The only thing I've got to work reliably for me is DIY double glazed fan goggles.  And I'm sure there's someone out there who "glows" even more who would manage to steam even them up a treat and would have to go mesh or go home.

14 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

And I'm sure there's someone out there who "glows" even more who would manage to steam even them up a treat and would have to go mesh or go home.

That would likely be me... Soon find out, the PETG sheeting arrived today so that'll be my weekend project. Got me some Torchy li-po's through today for the fans too... I suspect they'll be full tilt alot. Fingers crossed!

Archived