Posting Batteries.

snuff
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What does everybody do about posting batteries?Loads of AEG's sell on here with the battery(batteries) included.

"don't tell em pike"

joking aside as far as I know for the royal mail NicD/NimH are fine with no restrictions, lipos are ok AS LONG as its with a product and under a set size, outer services have different rules, UPS I think are quite friendly for lipo

I've just been looking into this as I'm selling off my collection.  I'd intended on bundling the batteries with the guns and sending them via Parcel Force 48 as the seem to be the only courier who accept airsoft guns but I found this under the prohibited section:

Batteries that are classified as dangerous goods and certain used batteries (including wet spillable lead acid/lead alkaline batteries (such as car batteries), used alkaline metal, nickel metal hybride (NiMH), nickel cadmium (NiCd), zinc-air batteries, and damaged batteries of any type)

Yodel seem to have a much less rigorous prohibition on batteries but they don't seem to like airsoft guns.

Dangerous Goods (these include but are not limited to lithium batteries

• Imitation (replica) firearms
  • Toy guns

When I was asked at ParcelForce drop off I said yes and told them it was a LiPo and they were cool with it.

Have ordered all of my batteries over the internet and had  delivered so I would assume that 90%+ of delivery/postal companies don’t have battery sniffer dogs and retailers are happy running the risk of posting them to customers using various means!

just don’t write in the box “WARNING, CONTAINS BATTERY”

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

just don’t write in the box “WARNING, CONTAINS BATTERY”

FireSupport do exactly this. Warning contains Lipo. Is on the box it comes in.

4 hours ago, Prisce said:

FireSupport do exactly this. Warning contains Lipo. Is on the box it comes in.

Fair enough, their courier must allow them then!!

Archived