Looking to skirmish

Oliedwards7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

A G&G combat machine is usually recommended as a beginner gun, lots of threads on this if you do a forum search.

But suggest you get Ukara sorted if you haven't already, otherwise you'll need to go down the two tone route.

Cheers

G

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

8 hours ago, Oliedwards7 said:

I’ve had airsoft guns in the past with mates having knock up matches with each other, but we are now looking at going bigger and better. 

Whats the best best most reliable guns/brands out there to start with. Budget £150/£200 ish mark 

G&G Combat Machine M4 platform. £136 from Patrol base (not including charger and battery). 10 games in, feels great, great trigger, light polymer body, easy to carry around the entire match without arm ache and with plenty of rail room to add mods to suit. 

44 minutes ago, KendoKhan said:

G&G Combat Machine M4 platform. £136 from Patrol base (not including charger and battery). 10 games in, feels great, great trigger, light polymer body, easy to carry around the entire match without arm ache and with plenty of rail room to add mods to suit. 

The cqb raiders are 99.99 in roe airsoft. 

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Compulsive Reload said:

The cqb raiders are 99.99 in roe airsoft

LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU, DON'T NEED ANOTHER AEG, LA LA LA. 🙉

I know it's a bit dull when we all keep saying the same thing, but the G&G Combat Machines really are nice for the price.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU, DON'T NEED ANOTHER AEG, LA LA LA. 🙉

I know it's a bit dull when we all keep saying the same thing, but the G&G Combat Machines really are nice for the price.

Are you sure? they have jg sigs for 79.99 and CA g36ks for 89.99.

I know someone who got the Sig and was disappointed with it, he tried a CM 16 today and preferred it.

I like G36s, expecially the G36C, but the mags are more expensive and standard pouches don't fit them, need to bear the total cost in mind.  At some point you'll want a JPC or battle belt.

If you want to go down a different route, suggest looking around at your next skirmish and asking players to take a look at their guns, most will happily oblidge.  You can also take a look in your nearest airsoft shop.

Cheers

G

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, MisterG said:

I like G36s, expecially the G36C, but the mags are more expensive and standard pouches don't fit them

Magwell adapters are readily available to let you use standard STANAG / M4 mags.  Mine took a touch of filing to get everything snug and tidy, but it's feeding fine now.  Heck, I run a triple M4 pouch attached to the folding stock, so no don't need to fret about vests or such.

I looked into that, but at the time I had no stanag\m4 mags, now I have loads, will look at it again.

But for someone new to Airsoft, not sure the cost and work involved is a route they are ready to follow just yet. Of course if the Op already has the skills, it might be fine.

Cheers

G

I just bought my first RIF and eventually caved into sensible advice. I bought a G&G CM18 and it’s brilliant the only complaint I have is that the hop up isn’t the easiest to adjust but if you went for the G&G raider 2.0 I believe it has a better style hop up adjustment. 

• Supporters
13 hours ago, MisterG said:

not sure the cost and work involved

<£15 and it just replaces the standard magwell.  Mine needed a little rub with a file to get everything slotting together, but it's easy enough.

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 14:16, Oliedwards7 said:

I’ve had airsoft guns in the past with mates having knock up matches with each other, but we are now looking at going bigger and better. 

Whats the best best most reliable guns/brands out there to start with. Budget £150/£200 ish mark 

hey bud but I think the best bet is a G&G Combat Machine, incredibly reliable and adaptable, where abouts you playing at pal.

• Moderators
On 26/08/2018 at 20:50, MisterG said:

I know someone who got the Sig and was disappointed with it, he tried a CM 16 today and preferred it.

I like G36s, expecially the G36C, but the mags are more expensive and standard pouches don't fit them, need to bear the total cost in mind.  At some point you'll want a JPC or battle belt.

I went for the ICS copy, G33F....uses M4 mags standard and i had loads from my ICS M4 platforms so was the best option for me.... nice and light as well :)

Archived