Movie pistols - Which are the greatest and why?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Which are the greatest movie pistols and why?
I'm a fan of the Grammaton Cleric's sidearms in Equilibrium.
Especially the weighted mags, which can be left on the floor for reloads later.
I also adore Castor Troy's twin 45s in Face/Off....

So, how about you - which sidearms/pistols are your faves and why?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Game Cam said:

Realistic
1. The Man with No Name's Peacemaker

2. Punishers M1911

3. Last Action Hero's Deagle

Unrealistic

1. Dredd's Lawgiver

2. Hellboy's Revolver

3.  Jango Fett's Blasters

51cmrQS9ceL.jpg

52.jpg

Last-Action-Hero.jpg

4260392-latest.png

PerlmanHellBoySmall.jpg

star-wars-jango-fett-premium-format-feature-300149-3.jpg

Why do they seem to find it so hard to make a decent Punisher movie??? Thomas Jane's was as close as it's come so far....

1 minute ago, sonofsammo said:

Why do they seem to find it so hard to make a decent Punisher movie??? Thomas Jane's was as close as it's come so far....

As a comic book and film fanatic I can talk about that question all day but I will sum it up in a paragraph.

The dolph Lundgren one we don't talk about, love Dolph but even he couldn't save it.

Thomas Jane one was awesome but got a bit confused about what it was at times.

The Ray Stevenson one was...ok, the problem was that they dialed the violence up to cartoon levels and made all the characters dull.

NOW the Netflix show - That is some hot shit, slow on pace a bit but that is only to get the emotional stuff in for the needy critics then it lets rip with the violence and its glorious.

I wasn't a huge Benthal fan before but fuck me did he nail it in this show. I literally only have a Netflixs account for this show, SO HYPED FOR SEASON 2.

4 minutes ago, Game Cam said:

As a comic book and film fanatic I can talk about that question all day but I will sum it up in a paragraph.

The dolph Lundgren one we don't talk about, love Dolph but even he couldn't save it.

Thomas Jane one was awesome but got a bit confused about what it was at times.

The Ray Stevenson one was...ok, the problem was that they dialed the violence up to cartoon levels and made all the characters dull.

NOW the Netflix show - That is some hot shit, slow on pace a bit but that is only to get the emotional stuff in for the needy critics then it lets rip with the violence and its glorious.

I wasn't a huge Benthal fan before but fuck me did he nail it in this show. I literally only have a Netflixs account for this show, SO HYPED FOR SEASON 2.

Totally agree with you about Dolph - love him, hate that film.
Thomas Jane made a good fist of it, but it could have been so much better (have you seen the Dirty Laundry short?).
And the Ray Stevenson one? Nope, nope, nope. As you say, the violence was appropriate, but I just didn't care about anything in it.
And the Netflix show? Such unfulfilled promise. I gave up watching the series.
I actually feel they did better with the character in Daredevil.
I think I only actually managed half the season - and I really WANTED to like it, but I just couldn't.
Does it actually get better?

I want it to..... Just wasn't showing any signs 😞 

4 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

I want it to..... Just wasn't showing any signs 😞 

Yeah it does have alot of emotional chuff (some which actually got to me, i have a heart after all)

but it also has scenes like this (it doesn't have any spoilers):

10 minutes ago, Game Cam said:

Yeah it does have alot of emotional chuff (some which actually got to me, i have a heart after all)

lol that was lame af...

my fave movie pistol is the magnum from Dirty Harry

22 minutes ago, Game Cam said:

Now that's more like it! I think I may have to revisit the season....

• Supporters
2 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

I also adore Castor Troy's twin 45s in Face/Off....

I've had dinner sat next to them. They're on display in Planet Hollywood Orlando. 

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Game Cam said:

He's totally not taking his hits.  Is he wearing Crye?

• Supporters

i'm a fan of the humble 226 mainly because it almost always appears in the hands of the poor henchmen who's job it is to be mowed down by the intrepid hero in his pursuit of acheiving maximum hero-ing.

many of these poor defenceless pistols end up abandoned, forgotten, held by the character who for plot reasons must have a gun but damn if they're going to expend any time whatsoever putting any creativity into it. these guns matter, and when the hero is swanning off in a helicopter with the damsel they're left to fend for themselves.

you can put an end to this firearm cruelty by donating to #savethesigs so we can give these noble firearms a home to call their own, with an owner who's job doesn't involve getting gunned down after a mere 20s of screen time.

Terminator hardball long slide, Lara crofts USP matches, true grit colt dragoon, cowboy bebop jerico 941.serenity Jane's le matt. Dredd 2012 lawgiver. 

Gotta be Lara’s usp matches for me too. The baretta ‘dagger 9mm’ from that god awful Romeo and Juliet thing was sweet too. 

In terms of games though.. Dante’s ebony and ivory 1911’s

Realistic - 

Dirty Harry's S&W M29 

Hans Gruber's nickel H&K P7 M13

Unrealistic - 

Robocop's Beretta Auto 9

Ivan Danko's Podbyrin 9.2mm

• Supporters

Dirty Harry’s S&W 29 

‘ive gots to know !” 

Robocop’s Auto9

”dead or alive , your coming with me !”

The English gentleman using a Webley 1.4 bulldog at the start of ‘the wind and the lion’ , not so much the gun as much as the WAY he’s using it ! Arab cavalry charging down on him , he knows he’s going to die so he’s taking some with him , he stands there ramrod straight arm fully extended picking them off one by one until he runs out of ammo and gets taken out by a cavalry sabre . Now that’s the way a gentleman goes out ! 

And not a hand gun but always worth a mention on any type of gun debate , the gattling gun scene from ‘the last samurai’ , always gets the hair up on the back of my neck when I watch it .

90BE9299-6670-4007-ACE9-58065B94BAFF.jpeg

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Gumper said:

This one.

Guess the film anyone?

B8EDE3BE-DBA4-40D8-BB28-34B09911DC8E.jpeg

“I am the the Lord Humungus !” 🤩

Archived