Say hello to my first GBBR. (KWA GAS Tavor!)

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I finally got her! One of the first KWA Tavor GBBrs in the UK! Lovely recoil on this. Hits you in the chest. 310fps on Green Gas. RIF is light but the mags are so heavy!

Has all the trademarks.

Can’t wait to use it in the field. Roll on 3 weeks! 

Any advice on keeping a GBBR? I have to now look at a vest that can carry long heavy M4 mags. I am looking at getting a replica M21 Meprolight sight for extra points. 

So Satisfying, full auto is so much fun! Unfortunately at 40bbs per mag I may need to pick up more then the 5 I have now!

Tav.jpg

Tav2.jpg

Tav3.jpg

Tav4.jpg

Keep gas in the mags at all times

dry ptfe/Teflon spray lube the moving parts and silicone oil for the o rings and valve parts. 

What does the hop chamber look like?

14 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Keep gas in the mags at all times

dry ptfe/Teflon spray lube the moving parts and silicone oil for the o rings and valve parts. 

What does the hop chamber look like?

I generally do a half fill of maintenance gas on my GBB Pistol mags, is this ok?

I'll take a photo of it later. I may have a slight problem where the 1st BB does not get fed into the hop unit and I have to roll it in, then it feeds properly for the rest of the mag. But I haven't been able to test properly, maybe when I get home. In the manual it says to reload I have to pull the lever back, pull the bolt stop button, then load the mag then press the bolt stop button. Do I need to pull the bolt stop button or can I just load the mag straight in? (I think that is where I am going wrong). 

Or do i need to lube the air nozzle? 

As long as there is some gas of any description inside the mags to keep pressure on the o rings you’re good.

its advised to insert a mag on a locked back bolt. If the mag if brimmed and your nozzle has to ride over it, you could potentially damage the nozzle because there’s no play in the spring. Treat it like a real one. Bolt locked back, mag inserted and bolt released. Then when you empty that mag it will lock back of its own accord so then it’s just swapping mags and hitting the bolt release/pulling the charging handle back. 

Dont libe the nozzle on the outside. If you get silicone oil on the hop rubber it will be useless

2 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

As long as there is some gas of any description inside the mags to keep pressure on the o rings you’re good.

its advised to insert a mag on a locked back bolt. If the mag if brimmed and your nozzle has to ride over it, you could potentially damage the nozzle because there’s no play in the spring. Treat it like a real one. Bolt locked back, mag inserted and bolt released. Then when you empty that mag it will lock back of its own accord so then it’s just swapping mags and hitting the bolt release/pulling the charging handle back. 

Dont libe the nozzle on the outside. If you get silicone oil on the hop rubber it will be useless

Cheers for the advice, will try when I get home. 

• Supporters

That’s cooler than a penguins bollox ! 😍

3 hours ago, Wo1f said:

All sorted. Nothing wrong with it. Just need to get used to the intricacies of gas rifles. I just wasn't putting mag in correctly! Need to pull the bolt stop before inserting.

Here's a photo of the hop unit. Bloody awkward tool mind. Very free wheeling to adjust when its on though. 

Threaded outer barrel means I can put the tracer on. Expect to see this at the AFUK Mall game! 

IMG_20180823_185749.jpg

Hop.jpg

Glad it’s all sorted 👍

as for the hop, it looks the same as all the others. You’ve saved me a few hundred ££

6 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Glad it’s all sorted 👍

as for the hop, it looks the same as all the others. You’ve saved me a few hundred ££

I'll keep you informed on how well it does hop wise!

14 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

Good looking rifle.  Did the gf/mrs agree to be in that pic though?

Waaaayyy!!! That's what happens when you post on a phone. Cropped out ta ;)

Archived