Artsy Fartsy

MrGlitter69
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Howdy fellow softers,

Im looking into stenciling a few mags (similar to a punisher magazine) and wondered if anyone else has done this previously and any tips or outcomes?

On top of this i have a urge to change my safe, semi and auto selector to No pew, pew and pewpewpew, anyone done this or any advice?

Please be aware my level of 'art' knowledge is as non exsistant as a good looking vector so please keep it simple ;)

P.s wasnt sure if it be ok to post in here or in tech help section so apologies in advance

I have done some paint work on my guns and for the finer details I used the model paint they use to paint war hammer figures.

I have recently been marking my mags with my initial on the bottom (since I tend to lead people mags alot cause I'm a nice guy) so I don't lose them. The best thing I have found so far for marking my mags is my misses nail polish.

I dunno wether either of these is worth a look at. I'm sure there is more professional ways.

39 minutes ago, Game Cam said:

I used the model paint they use to paint war hammer figures.

The best thing I have found so far for marking my mags is my misses nail polish.

Great shout on warhammer paint have to look into that for shizzle

Nail polish for marking not a bad idea  whatever i do it will be far from professional but thanks for the ideas...John Wayne

43 minutes ago, Game Cam said:

I have recently been marking my mags with my initial on the bottom (since I tend to lead people mags alot cause I'm a nice guy) so I don't lose them. The best thing I have found so far for marking my mags is my misses nail polish.

Oil based chalk pens mate... much better and you dont have to admit to robbing the mrs nail varnish

• Supporters
On 23/08/2018 at 14:02, clumpyedge said:

Oil based chalk pens mate... much better and you dont have to admit to robbing the mrs nail varnish

Hahahahaha ! Owned ! 😱😂😂😂

yea what I use to mark up all mine as well , I initial all my mags and I number the multiple ones so if I have a problem with one it’s a lot easier to find it after the game ! 🤦‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

Just a update, made a stencil with a bit of card and a ‘pen knife’...I know what I’m doing honest! 

Few pictures (if attached correctly) below. 

Have some stickers to try and cut the stencil out on to help provide ‘cleaner’ lines and need a touch up with black paint as I don’t like a full white mag. But the idea is there!? Any tips be welcomed. 

F236415D-DA5B-4E72-876A-AFBEB7D0B853.jpeg

A2F23512-6340-44FC-8764-12CA7C56C2B7.jpeg

E34D8D3F-1754-4845-9319-2CF28FDB120F.jpeg

Stencils look like they were crisp but I fear your rattle can technique may be a tad wanting. Your layers look thick, so try and go a bit lighter. To achieve a lighter finish;

Maximise the distance from the nozzle and the item you are painting.

Short bursts dry quicker and will appear much thinner than a large covering.

Like what you're going for though, good effort so far.

12 hours ago, Duff said:

Stencils look like they were crisp but I fear your rattle can technique may be a tad wanting. Your layers look thick, so try and go a bit lighter. To achieve a lighter finish;

Maximise the distance from the nozzle and the item you are painting.

Short bursts dry quicker and will appear much thinner than a large covering.

Thanks for the tips, i tried esipcally hard on the punisher to do little layers but im using Matt white paint which may may it look heavier?

The 'deadpool' one is about 19 layers of paint and a virgin blood sacarfice to get right.

These mags are barely £5 new and work but im not to worried about having to scrap them too much this is trial and error till i get more comfortable.

Also using Gloss cheery red and Matt white so the contrast between these two helps give a unfinished finish :')

Went for a blood splatter vibe, hard to get the spray out thick and deliberate. Giggidy 

FBD67EA2-3D11-401A-B7EA-F78478BAD078.jpeg

Blood splatter looks good. Put a straw in the nozzle for drips, same type you get in WD40 cans.

Archived