SSP1, aka Hi-Capa

Seven
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Cheaper than I expected the cock Womble to sell it for, but I don’t see the point regardless. Isn’t it just a kjw hi capa with ssp1written on the side? I can’t see what it has over a TM or VFC pistol personality.

i probably wouldn’t want my promo video to show the gun taking 3 shots to hit a can at 10 ft either.. 

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Wo1f said:

can’t see what it has over a TM or VFC pistol personality

Never has a typo been more appropriate.

6 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Isn’t it just a kjw hi capa with ssp1written on the side?

Plus the fluted barrel.  But yes, he's very proud of designing features that have been stock on the KJW for 5 years or more, while losing the fibre optic front sight.

To be fair, it's got more slots on the accessory rail, a threaded barrel with a 14mm CWW adapter available, and is surprisingly competitively priced compared to the base gun.  £130 including delivery vs £114 for the KJW:

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/gas-4/kp-06-kjw

Even the spare mags are reasonably priced.

If you were already in the market for the KJW, it wouldn't be crazy to pay a little more for those extra accessory options.

• Supporters
42 minutes ago, DanP27 said:

I've bought two (one for me and a mate) as we were looking at hi capa's anyway and it seemed like a reasonable deal

Gaah, I want to mock you for being a fanboi, but I can't.  It comes with a hard case as well.  Damn him and his reasonably priced wares! :angry:

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Gaah, I want to mock you for being a fanboi, but I can't.  It comes with a hard case as well.  Damn him and his reasonably priced wares! :angry:

No fan boy honest, I was expecting it to be around £250 if I'm honest and as the price (in my mind) was reasonable I thought it was worth a punt rather than buying the TM or other variants.

https://novritsch.com/product/ssp1/

So.... a  hi-capa that's been fettled?
I kind of understand why people would want a pre-upgraded sniper - because they're a ball-ache to do if you're not really techy (imho).
However - a pistol is a doddle.
Is the SSP1 likely to be better than a TM hi-capa out of the box?

I have no idea....... I wonder what the waiting times are like....

20 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

I searched novritsch ssp1 and found nothing..

I guess like with so many Airsoft things, I should have left novritsch out of it........

Yeah I deliberately left his name out of it as I wanted discussion on the gun, I don't care about peoples personal opinions on the individual.

Divisive subject that bears no relevance on the product.

• Head Moderator

Both topics merged into original one.

• Supporters

CO2 or green gas.  Smarterer buyers might note that it's cheaper to buy a CO2 package then add a spare green gas mag than the other way around. ;)

8 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

has his seemingly approved seal of reliability

I'd point out that you're relying on him as an individual for support if you get a bad 'un, but seemingly he's been pretty helpful with SSG-24 issues.  Plus support from a regular retailer is probably only what you can browbeat out of them anyway.

The amusing part is that after being a dedicated Glock fan for years, suddenly he's all about the 1911s.  I rather expect that's down to the expediency of finding a manufacturer who will rebrand a gun for him rather than any real preference for the platform.

Personally, I do not like the beaver tail safeties on 1911's, although that may be down to the bulky grip on my AEP Frankengun resulting in a few comedy fails when I wasn't gripping it tightly enough.  You can always just tape them down though.

I actually think picking a 1911 was a wise move from a business point. While a prefer a glock, they do seem to suffer from light strike issues and have less (albeit not much less) aftermarket parts. 

Funny how popular the hicap platform is in airsoft, considering they were designed for compeition shooting and are often embellished with brightly coloured parts.

They are big, heavy and look nothing like a combat pistol.

They  have good gas and bb capacity and I suppose that's what makes them popular.

Plus a lot of people are turned on by their general appearance.

Just watched a review video on it. 31fps deviation on the Co2 mag. 320-351. Not a gradual drop, just random numbers. 

In comparison, the last 2 Tm pistols I tested had a max deviation of 4fps

18 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Funny how popular the hicap platform is in airsoft, considering they were designed for compeition shooting and are often embellished with brightly coloured parts.

They are big, heavy and look nothing like a combat pistol.

They  have good gas and bb capacity and I suppose that's what makes them popular.

Plus a lot of people are turned on by their general appearance.

It also helps that the design isn't trademarked which is less of a ball ache and cheaper as no name to license. Just means they can spend more on internals while keeping the RRP competitive

• 2 weeks later...

Our order arrived (2 SSP1's (1 for me and a mate)) and if anyone is interested the performance was great, much louder than expected compared to my NBB Gas Pistol and other GBBP I've shot. Very consistent, no feeding issues and shot without hop up adjustment 0.32 straight at 8" target from 16 meters (our home airsoft range we use for testing along the side of my house). Will report back on performance if anyone is interested when I go skirmishing soon.

86f5644f-baee-4a87-a9e6-998e9987387f.JPG

IMG_2917.jpg

• Supporters

I think that's pretty much it.  He's shilling the least bad marque that was prepared to rebrand for him.  You can also see this big style with Chinese motorcycles, where manufacturers will sell to anyone who's prepared to pay a tuppence-ha'penny premium to put their own name on the same generic item that's flogged to half a dozen other resellers.

That doesn't mean that what they're making is bad, just that they have no interest in building their own brand value, or taking their own products all the way from manufacture, through sales, to support.

This is an observation, not a criticism.  Note that there isn't a "Tokyo Marui UK", so even the ostensibly premium brands aren't actually bothered about controlling or profiting from their own products.  At the end of the day, buy whatever you like, from whomever you like, and accept that they're all just disposable toys.

2 hours ago, HELIflipper03 said:

If you want a Hi-Capa in that style but has been tested and proved go for a Armourer Works

Isn’t armourer works just a fancy WE?

Archived