Posting gas magazines

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator
22 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I know this has been discussed many times but I wonder if there is a courier in the UK that is prepared to ship empty gas magazines.

I want try and sell a pistol with two gas mags, but I know the main carriers will not take them.

Yes there are several topics about this, try having a search and you will find them, for example your previous one!

Or this one

Yes thanks. I am aware of the regulations re. Royal Mail and Parcelforce which mean you post at your own risk.

But there are smaller, not well known companies that ship things in the UK.. I was wondering if anyone had experience of them.

Just a long shot.

• Supporters

https://www.myhermes.co.uk/help/carry-guide

Prohibit "Pressurised Containers - Such oxygen tanks or Fire Extinguishers" [sic] .  Note the active voice.  An empty pressure vessel is not pressurised.

They prohibit replica weapons, but then so does everyone except for Royal Fail / Parcel Farce.  And yet I just used MyHermes to return a RIF without problems.

As with insurers, I'd go ahead and assume that they're all as bad as each other, and don't know either their own rules or any laws or regulations that are supposed to apply, and go with the cheapest.  You'll always hear anecdotes, but the plural of anecdote is not data.

Ship with who’s cheapest. I’ve had gas guns with a load of mags full of gas (and BB’s would you believe) shipped to me with no issue. 

I received a lipo from parcelforce and went to the post office to send it back. They told me they don’t ship lipo’s from the public. Peeled the lipo sticker off, went to the post office a mile down the road and sent it with them. 

“What is it?”

”parts..”

”okay”

dont tell anybody anything they dont don’t need to know. 

3 hours ago, Neilbarker said:

If you’re worries about them getting destroyed or w/e, pull the valves and put a note on the package stating that you have, no longer a pressure vessel 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said...

Thanks for the suggestions.

You are quite right Mr Borg: pressurised containers is the passive voice and if containers for holding pressurised substances are empty they have not been pressurised.

Joe Public might struggle to understand that though.

Anyway I will probably take the risk and go with the cheapest.

Archived