SA80 rail wobble

GazeTasty
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi before I start I dont want to sound rude if the person I got this off is reading this so if you are I thank you for selling me this and is a great gun just trying to sort some bits out with it and I am not experienced in this sort of thing.

right anyway just got myself a Army armament sa80 the a1 but has been upgraded with all a2 bits and its a brilliant gun. Just the rail system on it wobbles which is not a real problem and as I said I love the gun but just woundering if there is a fix for it like a screw or something to buy or some form of adapter.I had a similar problem with my M4 but I thought it was just because it was off a real m4 it would not work right.

im not sure if it is branded the rail system or not but its metal.

again if the person I got this off is reading I love the gun I do not mean to offend or anything 

cheers 

• Supporters

Why would the person be offended? The rail wobbles that's all. You're not insulting anybody by stating a fault. 

What part of the handguard is affected? Sometimes all you need is a bit of tape to fix small issues. For example on my M4 I have a two part rail that rattled about until I stuck a bit of sticky velcro on the inside of the end cap and that solved the issue. 

12 hours ago, Gepard said:

Why would the person be offended? The rail wobbles that's all. You're not insulting anybody by stating a fault. 

What part of the handguard is affected? Sometimes all you need is a bit of tape to fix small issues. For example on my M4 I have a two part rail that rattled about until I stuck a bit of sticky velcro on the inside of the end cap and that solved the issue. 

I had a similar issue with mine and fixed it but they are in two pieces and the sa80's is in one and the whole thing wobbles so im not sure where to start.

cheers 😀

On the real steel, the A3 upgraded top receiver is welded along the rail.

It's a rubbish design even on the real deal...

is there a connector or something you can get to make em fit better?. looking into it there are these parts for the G&G ones that let you put a rail system on but not for this one I cant remember what they are called but that may be a issue since the rail system looks like its lo low down and to near the trigger guard thing.

cheers 

Army Armament and G&G are usually fully compatible, so if it fits G&G it should fit AA.  Are you sure it is the correct rail system for the AA?  There were different ones for different makes of SA80.

2 hours ago, RR01 said:

Army Armament and G&G are usually fully compatible, so if it fits G&G it should fit AA.  Are you sure it is the correct rail system for the AA?  There were different ones for different makes of SA80.

im not sure if it is ment for it or not that's the issue I asked him where it was from but he did not know. not sure how to tell em apart but it just does not have the markings and flag on side so I dont know😀.

ill have to have a look how much a army armament one is if they exist.

It's a few years since I had an AA SA80 (actually I had 3) and one was turned into the V2 with the rail system.  I bought my rail from Hong Kong. It was made for the G&G model but fitted perfectly with no wobble at all, but it's so long now I can't remember how it was attached.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry if I'm stealing your Post GazeTasty but I have just recently purchased the G&G L85A2 and I'm after a rail converter.  Could anyone recommend one? If possible I don't want one that will also act as a raiser, and truth be told id rather get a susat but they are too expensive and way out of my budget

Archived