Crye baby, Crye - off topic from Mack's dreamers

E21A
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, E21A said:

I’m sure @Druid799 found the exact same for £135ish plus import 

Either way £165 for a stained second hand shirt is a rip off. 

Yup from fleabay and it did say all import and tax cost covered .

2 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

To some.. maybe.

If your happy to pay it then that’s your decision , I recently paid over 50 for a second hand frog AOR2 shirt , and had a guy at a skirmish go off on one about how thick I was as he’d only paid £25 for his TMC one !😳 yes you may have paid less than half of what I paid but mine is more than twice as good as your shirt ! 🤦‍♂️

And it’s your money in the end ,

not as if your some crackhead mugging grannies to get the money ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I don't think I'll ever post my entire collection up here, some folks will have actual cerebral haemorrhaging.

Still putting aside for a rainy day every month, still getting through life fine and well.  Crazy.

38 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

I don't think I'll ever post my entire collection up here, some folks will have actual cerebral haemorrhaging.

Still putting aside for a rainy day every month, still getting through life fine and well.  Crazy.

Only if you’re trying to sell it for silly money 😂

2 hours ago, E21A said:

Then you don’t understand what a rip off is dude 

I think you’ll find I do, after all I rarely buy second hand rifs for that very reason unless it’s a complete steal! 

Horses for courses. If you wouldn’t pay it someone who collects or wants it bad enough will. I stand by the fact I don’t think it’s a rip off because of the amount that are on the market. Some like @Druid799 may find a nice deal (£30odd quid cheaper - some would say big whoop) but to most that’s what they’d have to pay if that’s what they want.

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Yup from fleabay and it did say all import and tax cost covered .

If your happy to pay it then that’s your decision , I recently paid over 50 for a second hand frog AOR2 shirt , and had a guy at a skirmish go off on one about how thick I was as he’d only paid £25 for his TMC one !😳 yes you may have paid less than half of what I paid but mine is more than twice as good as your shirt ! 🤦‍♂️

And it’s your money in the end ,

not as if your some crackhead mugging grannies to get the money ?

I find most “gear whore bashing” posts could be ended in this way. It’s the buyers money who is anyone else to say how they spend it. I for the most part will always buy new because I’ve got that piece of mind that I know if something goes wrong or it’s able to be returned I can. 

Ive said this before about people that moan about systema/recoils/crye or die fan boys, some people are just salty because they havnt got one while some people of the above groups are actually elitist bellends. At the end of the day what people spend their hard earned cash on is nobodies business except the persons mrs and them 😂

Would you have a pop at someone for buying a Lamborghini if they can afford to run/maintain it just because it’s more expensive than your corsa that gets you from a to b... probably not, why is Airsoft any different.

You say selling/buying for silly money, I say making an investment in something that will ultimately get good use and out last some cheap crap that will undoubtly fail right when you need it the most.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, E21A said:

Only if you’re trying to sell it for silly money 😂

I've sold many bits of crye stuff for very similar sums (more in some cases), in fact I'm pretty certain the shirt in question was mine originally.  I imported a G3 combat shirt in AOR1 and Med/long from the US a while back and sold it on when I was able to replace it with a med/reg.  Hell I've bought rare crye stuff (amongst other gear) for many times more than the cost being debated here and if people want to be actual dicks about that without seeing my bank accounts it demonstrates nothing but their own immaturity towards others and ignorance of the market around this stuff.

Better not post this link... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crye-Precision-DCU-Combat-Shirt/263695643213?hash=item3d657c324d:g:soIAAOSwvDpa~hUE

I think you’ll find I do, after all I rarely buy second hand rifs for that very reason unless it’s a complete steal! 

I think you’ll find you don’t. A rip off is something that’s grossly over priced, which the original linked shirt is. Can be had for less money brand new, and as you’ve mentioned, new is better. 

Horses for courses. If you wouldn’t pay it someone who collects or wants it bad enough will. I stand by the fact I don’t think it’s a rip off because of the amount that are on the market. Some like @Druid799 may find a nice deal (£30odd quid cheaper - some would say big whoop) but to most that’s what they’d have to pay if that’s what they want.

£30 cheaper and BRAND NEW. Not second hand and stained. 

1 hour ago, CKinnerley said:

If if anyone pays that much for a shirt of any kind they are fucking insane 

• Supporters
40 minutes ago, E21A said:

But with this kind of price your in to the realms of collectors , NOT users .

this sale is no different to the shoe collector who spends 5 or 6 grand  on a pair of unworn still in the box first run airJordans , by the very nature of it the  kind of collector who would buy (or could afford it) it will probably have the connections to even assert some of its history being a custom piece . 

1 hour ago, E21A said:

I think you’ll find you don’t. A rip off is something that’s grossly over priced, which the original linked shirt is. Can be had for less money brand new, and as you’ve mentioned, new is better. 

£30 cheaper and BRAND NEW. Not second hand and stained. 

YOU think it’s grossly over priced, numerous others don’t, by any chance did you know about how fairly rare the item is before a few of us mentioned that fact? Did you know it’s issued kit?

believe me I do know what a rip off is and while I’m not as avid a collector as @CKinnerley I have paid for bits and pieces over the years that while have been expensive have been worth the price to me as it’s something I’VE wanted.

One mans junk is another mans treasure after all. Look at comic books some can be ratty as shit and people still pay thousands for them.

If I can’t get one new and that’s the price, I’d either haggle or take it for what it is. It’s not like it’s an item that’s flooding the market!

46 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

this sale is no different to the shoe collector who spends 5 or 6 grand  on a pair of unworn still in the box first run airJordans , by the very nature of it the  kind of collector who would buy (or could afford it) it will probably have the connections to even assert some of its history being a custom piece . 

To be honest this irks me even more, people who buy stuff that’s intended to be used and then don’t use it. If you want something to invest in buy art 

14 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

YOU think it’s grossly over priced, numerous others don’t, by any chance did you know about how fairly rare the item is before a few of us mentioned that fact? Did you know it’s issued kit?

believe me I do know what a rip off is and while I’m not as avid a collector as @CKinnerley I have paid for bits and pieces over the years that while have been expensive have been worth the price to me as it’s something I’VE wanted.

One mans junk is another mans treasure after all. Look at comic books some can be ratty as shit and people still pay thousands for them.

If I can’t get one new and that’s the price, I’d either haggle or take it for what it is. It’s not like it’s an item that’s flooding the market!

It IS grossly overpriced, I’d hazard a guess that it costs less than 20% of the price to produce 

29 minutes ago, E21A said:

To be honest this irks me even more, people who buy stuff that’s intended to be used and then don’t use it. If you want something to invest in buy art 

It IS grossly overpriced, I’d hazard a guess that it costs less than 20% of the price to produce 

10724198_555635027902277_134172424_n.jpg

DONT ANGER THE POPE

Here's their email ask them how much it costs to produce - [email protected] 

Let me know how you get on ;)

Why does it irk you when its not your money, you're not loosing out on anything?

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, E21A said:

I take your point but by the very fact it’s a limited number custom order piece of kit (the blood group on the arms certainly gives it a certain provenance to its history) would you really want to see someone wearing it on an Airsoft field ? I wouldn’t .

My personal example of this , a teammate was selling for a friend of his an extensive collection of kit and guns who sadly had been diagnosed with terminal cancer . So there I am rummaging through a huge mound of black bags full of kit when I find a set of very nicely aged Repro USMC badged ERDL camo and I thought “that’ll go nicely with my tigerstripe !” . Get it home start having a really good look at it and I discovered it’s not repro at all it’s a genuine 1968 dated set ! So there’s no way on the face of the Earth I’d wear it now with this possible history to it . Get my drift ? 

• Supporters

Each to their own because while I would never pay that for a camo top as I would never play in it and have no interest in military gear so collecting is out the window also. I do get that some people are mental enough to pay it and if it makes them happy and it is not my money then really nothing to do with me.

I mean I will take the piss because anything is game when bored but in all honesty I will pay that for footwear so in my own way no different. 

I also have a gun with almost all the internals made of titanium and  custom made electronics some people might find that mental but hey that is my mental. 

17 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Each to their own because while I would never pay that for a camo top as I would never play in it and have no interest in military gear so collecting is out the window also. I do get that some people are mental enough to pay it and if it makes them happy and it is not my money then really nothing to do with me.

I mean I will take the piss because anything is game when bored but in all honesty I will pay that for footwear so in my own way no different. 

I also have a gun with almost all the internals made of titanium and  custom made electronics some people might find that mental but hey that is my mental. 

🙌🏻😽

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

1 hour ago, E21A said:

haha best not look at my trainer collection then, over 200+ pairs n rising, some rare bits too :D  

• Supporters

Hahahaha, what sort of chump pays hundreds for something that they'll rarely even wear?

[Spends many thousands buying three different motorbikes, rarely even rides them]

10 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Wear some of those trainers at the mall in October....I dare you

1 minute ago, clumpyedge said:

Boring... I was hoping to spot a stain and tell you how stupidly expensive they are and not worth the money, can still do that with the Salomons I guess.

He wouldn’t be trying to sell them though 😉😂

• Supporters
44 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Boring... I was hoping to spot a stain and tell you how stupidly expensive they are and not worth the money, can still do that with the Salomons I guess.

If I can be bothered to finish sorting out the Sig 552 then I will bring that. Then you can pour scorn on that is a ridiculous way to waste money on a toy gun instead.

• Head Moderator

This is all off topic from "Mack's airsoft dreamers of the week", so I created a new place for you to discuss Crye

5 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

This is all off topic from "Mack's airsoft dreamers of the week", so I created a new place for you to discuss Crye

Wondered how long it would take 😂

14 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

10724198_555635027902277_134172424_n.jpg

DONT ANGER THE POPE

Here's their email ask them how much it costs to produce - [email protected] 

Let me know how you get on ;)

Why does it irk you when its not your money, you're not loosing out on anything?

Yea, cos I’m sure they’ll tell me how much they rip people off 😂

I don’t like see things produced for an intended purpose not being used, it’s just a waste. I do t get the point of buying something (especially for large sums of money) that you’re not going to use. 

Archived