Tracers.

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just a couple of questions that have occurred to me.

Do cqb sites generally allow the use of tracers?

Guns are velocity tested with .20 bbs at cqb sites. How does that work if you want to use .23 or .25? With mid cap mags it would be easy enough to have some lighter bbs at the top for testing.

But what about hicaps?

As long as you geg your RIF chrono tested with 0.20 and it comes in range then it doesnt matter what weight tracers you use (unless your site has restrictions).

Also you would want to use regular 0.20 Bbs when getting chrono tested as theyre cheaper. 

Tracer Bbs ideally want to be mixed with regular BBs so not every shot is a tracer but you can shoot just tracers. Also if your tracer unit shoots red BBs then put them in first (about 10) then a mix. This way you will know when you are coming to the end of your mid cap mag. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I think you've made more threads this year than I've had hot dinners :D

But yes, Tracers are generally allowed anywhere.

I've not known any site to say they aren't allowed.

Decent sites will test with their own mags to stop people lying about the weight of their BBs. But some will ask what weight you're using and figure out if you're firing hot from there.

Mixing weights in a magazine is not recommended.

1 minute ago, Polluxtroy69 said:

Tracer Bbs ideally want to be mixed with regular BBs so not every shot is a tracer 

Naaah, sod that. I want my Lazer pew experience! :D

• Supporters

Never heard of any cqb site that doesn't allow tracers. Lasers are a different matter.

Some sites will have their own .2s at chrono to stick in your mag for testing. I've always found that anywhere that doesn't do this will ask you what weight you're using and have a crib sheet for what it should be firing at. Some like the mall have a selection of mags loaded ready for chrono tests.

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I've always found that anywhere that doesn't do this will ask you what weight you're using and have a crib sheet for what it should be firing at

They might as well not bother.  As per Joule creep threads, sites should be chronoing with their own heavy BBs, 0.4g or more (or the heaviest that they allow on site, which opens another can of trust worms).

But on topic, I can't think of a reason why any site would prohibit glowballs, unless they've found that they shatter easily.  Which isn't something that I've noticed.

14 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I think you've made more threads this year than I've had hot dinners :D

But yes, Tracers are generally allowed anywhere.

I've not known any site to say they aren't allowed.

Decent sites will test with their own mags to stop people lying about the weight of their BBs. But some will ask what weight you're using and figure out if you're firing hot from there.

Mixing weights in a magazine is not recommended.

Naaah, sod that. I want my Lazer pew experience! :D

Yes, I know.😂  Too much time on my hands. All the enthusiasm of a newby but unable to play for the foreseeable future.

Retired,  temporarily disabled and alone most of the day, I'm spending far too much time on the web. I think it's time for me to go back to reading books.

I know people like me can be an irritant for experienced members, but, on the plus side, we do help to keep forums alive and moving.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
Just now, emilianoksa said:

I know people like me can be an irritant for experienced members.

Naaah, you're ok Emil.

I'll let you off ;)

Tracers make it much more fun, at least I found that to be the case at the Mall.

Cheers

G

Never had any issues using a tracer at any site before 

just use what ever weight you plan to use for the day and they’ll work it out for you

snipers tend to use .2 to chrono to make the most of “joule creep” but that’s another topic 

Never heard of a site that won't let you use tracers. make of BBs might be an issue my local currently allow blasters after some shattering issues

On 21/08/2018 at 08:54, L3wisD said:

Naaah, you're ok Emil.

I'll let you off ;)

Keep on asking your questions, as a noob too, I'm learning loads :)

Archived