Extreme Airsoft / extremeairsoft.co.uk

Vinster

That’s right mate, the first time I questioned it a few times via message or on their Facebook page, I never got a clear response about it. They just said it was packaged up waiting to be collected by PF, and will be with me soon. 
 I thought it was odd but didn’t question it further. I thought maybe the tracking number will become active when scanned by PF on collection. But I could never figure how they could get a tracking number without sending the package first. 

What is it about these retailers that sell BFGs being totally garbage at getting their products sent on time? And actually communicating with their customers? 

7 hours ago, Spoon987 said:

I thought it was odd but didn’t question it further. I thought maybe the tracking number will become active when scanned by PF on collection. But I could never figure how they could get a tracking number without sending the package first. 

TBH this can be how it works and it'll depend on vendor/shipper relationship, as well as the shipper in question etc.

It's common to get a tracking number, when you pop it in on their website you get a "we're sorry, this is a valid number but the package isn't in our network yet" message, or sometimes just a "not found" message. It's confusing but it doesn't necessarily mean they were fraudulent here.

38 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

TBH this can be how it works and it'll depend on vendor/shipper relationship, as well as the shipper in question etc.

It's common to get a tracking number, when you pop it in on their website you get a "we're sorry, this is a valid number but the package isn't in our network yet" message, or sometimes just a "not found" message. It's confusing but it doesn't necessarily mean they were fraudulent here.

I did suspect it might have been something to do with that, which is why I didn’t push to hard when asking why my tracking number didn’t work. But still they didn’t take the time to explain their process to me. They just gave me another tracking number that also didn’t work. 

3 minutes ago, Spoon987 said:

I did suspect it might have been something to do with that, which is why I didn’t push to hard when asking why my tracking number didn’t work. But still they didn’t take the time to explain their process to me. They just gave me another tracking number that also didn’t work. 

Yeah it could be anything and I definitely don't want to appear like I'm defending ExtremeAirsoft - just providing context. It's not unheard of for a company to generate tracking slips/labels ahead of time (makes sense if you know you're shipping a product on X date), then cancel later for whatever reason.

Mate it wouldn’t matter if you were defending them. They’re probably decent retailer overall. I’ve just had a bad experience, I get the feeling the ratio is more bias towards people having good experiences. But there’s definitely a common theme when it comes to communication online and via phone. 

It makes complete sense to me that they generate tracking ahead of time. I think they should just maybe put something in the dispatch email to let us know when it will be active from. And also inform us if it wasn’t dispatched on the planned day. 

• Supporters

The issue isn't them generating one tracking number in a just-in-time fashion, it's repeated generation of them, no correction when the item didn't ship, and "the dog ate my jigs" story.

One lie is happenstance, twice is co-incidence, third time is enemy action.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/03/2020 at 11:01, Spoon987 said:

Mate it wouldn’t matter if you were defending them. They’re probably decent retailer overall. I’ve just had a bad experience, I get the feeling the ratio is more bias towards people having good experiences. But there’s definitely a common theme when it comes to communication online and via phone. 

It makes complete sense to me that they generate tracking ahead of time. I think they should just maybe put something in the dispatch email to let us know when it will be active from. And also inform us if it wasn’t dispatched on the planned day. 

Experience here is an order placed on February 16th.

Emailed four times inbetween then and 2nd April.  First time their response said it should be shipped in a couple of days.  Second email a couple of weeks later received no response at all. Third email a week after that they said they were waiting on the stock arriving from Austria (no mention of this up till this point.)  Third email on 2nd April was never replied to but a tracking number magically appeared in my inbox the day after.

3 days and the order arrived.  Except it was a different make than the one I ordered, listed at £10 less on their website.

Have now emailed them about that just asking for a refund for the difference in price, it's too much hassle to try sending it back and hoping they actually remember to send anything out, let along the correct thing.

Extremely frustrating experience.  Would definitely not recommend using.

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered a new rif Sunday evening, got my email receipt but nothing about shipping (tracking) by Thursday so I gave them a call. Only one person in the warehouse, snowed under, I get that, no problem. 

Promised it would probably be Monday or Tuesday arrival. 

Arrived Monday morning. 

I don't think that that was too bad considering half the country isn't working due to Covid19. (One full week) It's not like I can go and use it in a skirmish at the moment. 

Maybe an email to say we're behind schedule but other than that I'd be happy to use again. 

The way parcel tracking works is that when they create an order with PF for example to pick up a parcel. They're given a tracking number. When the parcel is collected and scanned that parcel tracking ID then becomes "live" and usually shows up after 12am that on tracking sites.

If it's never collected then they'll provide you with tracking but the tracking company will have no record.

• 2 months later...

Just an extra data point; I made an order for an AKS74U last night, realised whilst watching a disassembly in advance (yes I am that sad) that it was TM rather than VFC. No good for me so I called 0930 this morning to cancel. They answered immediately and I had my PayPal refund email in 5 minutes.

• Supporters
On 07/09/2018 at 22:30, Rogerborg said:

Let me tell you how glad I am that I haven't put any money down on a "pre-order" Secutor Velites GII from any of the retailers who are expecting a delivery any day/week/month/year now. :angry:

Aaaaaaaaany day now.

Ordered few bits from them and now I've been waiting for over a week now. The tracking number they gave me is not working so I have no idea where my package is at the moment. 

4 hours ago, Lollingsgrad said:

If you need it in a hurry, call and cancel. They're routinely dishonest with delivery schedules.

I'm not in a, hurry for it. I'll wait bit longer and if I don't receive it then I'll cancel it. Since they say it was shipped day after I ordered. 

• 2 months later...

Mixed experience for me.

Ordered a shotgun last month. Arrived no problems.

Ordered another item this month. Took a few days to dispatch. Has been in PF depot for about 3 days now with no attempt to deliver it. Emailed yesterday with no response. Called today and told it's not their problem now as it's with Parcelforce and I need to contact them. Doesn't sound quite right. Tried phoning PF anyway as I want my parcel, all automated and nothing along lines of "for lost or delayed" so have gone down the contact form route.

Have called them again and said as much and they said they'd try and chase it up from their side. I am awaiting repsonses from both currently.

On 09/10/2020 at 11:27, Steveocee said:

Orderered another item this month. Took a few days to dispatch. Has been in PF depot for about 3 days now with no attempt to deliver it. Emailed yesterday with no response. Called today and told it's not their problem now as it's with Parcelforce and I need to contact them. Doesn't sound quite right.

You're right, it doesn't. In future, if any business tries this with you point out that the delivery contract is between the seller and the courier; it's their responsibility to ensure it arrives not yours.

• Supporters
On 09/10/2020 at 12:16, EDcase said:

To be fair, you can't blame the seller for a PF delay.

Yes you can, because until it's in the customer's hands, it's entirely the seller/sender's responsibility.

My policy now is to not even bother arguing the toss with sellers or their chosen couriers: I just initiate some sort of chargeback (eBay / PayPal / debt/credit card) the day after it's failed to arrive.

The quicker you do it, the quicker you get your money back.  You can always halt the process if it shows up.  Worst case, it's better for you to have your money and the goods than neither of them.

The seller is responsible for getting the item to you but the time taken is down to the delivery service.

Especially relevant with the worldwide situation now, it can take longer than expected to receive an item.

If the item does not arrive after the specified number of days given by the delivery company then its time to contact the retailer and give them the bad news...

• Supporters
6 hours ago, EDcase said:

If the item does not arrive after the specified number of days given by the delivery company then its time to contact the retailer and give them the bad news...

The number of days given by the seller, which they are free to set at any number they like.  The delivery company is of no contractual relevance to the purchaser.

I prefer the bad news to come to the seller via a notification that they will be charged back if they don't resolve the situation.  Just to end any argument about who's responsible for what before it even begins, because I am so done with having that "You need to chase them up, mate" or "Give it a few more days" flannel rubbed on me.

This sounds very pugnacious, but consider the situation: the buyer has paid money up front and received nothing but a promise which has been broken.  We've come to accept this as par for the course, but it doesn't have to be that way with the many tools at our disposal these days to hold sellers to their promise.

Remember, if it doesn't get resolved, they can claim compensation from their courier.  We can't.

I did try to speak with the courier via the contact page (all phone numbers were automated) as I just wanted to get my parcel. They wouldn't speak to me as the consignment was booked through a 3rd party and referred me to them.

I called Extreme up and spoke to Chris who certainly sounded a lot more concerned and said he'd chase it up. An hour later I had a call, parcel is indeed in the Coventry depot and courier are working to get it on track again and will update me tomorrow.

Firstly I hope I have it for the weekend.

Secondly, I'm a huge believer in a judge of company not being when things are right but how stuff is handled when it goes wrong, up until the phone call today I was starting to think about chargebacks from credit cards. I'm not unreasonable and I prefer to be right with people but I am getting to the point now of just wanting item or refund.

Fingers crossed I can put a positive end to this shenanigan.