Extreme Airsoft / extremeairsoft.co.uk

Vinster

I had a mixed experience with these guys but it is my belief they are honest if disorganised. I bought an M249 Para from them that stopped working after the first few shots. I got a replacement shortly after this but it was the wrong model so I returned it. It took a long time to get it all resolved and there was a lot of reminding them on my part but this was largely Classic Army's fault as the entire batch turned out to be faulty on testing and then they were out of stock for ages.

Despite the difficulty and the wait I could tell they put an enormous amount of effort into rectifying the situation and I can't in good conscience fault them with anything but bad luck. Most of the problems I experienced could easily have been due to the fact that they were moving warehouse during the time I was dealing with them. I got my refund and I'd buy from them again but if things go wrong, patience and persistence may be required. By all means email them if you have problems, but then immediately pick up the phone and call them if you ever want a reply.

So far I'm having a mixed experience with them too... Bought a new gun through them as they were showing as having it in stock. They phoned me the day after to apologise and said it was actually on back order and would not be in the UK for another 2-3 weeks. Rather annoyingly they only work during my working day, and phoning them at lunch time they are always out. So I have emailed them to say I will wait the couple of weeks, but if there is any delay to let me know. Not heard anything back 😕 

Will update when I get the gun... 

43 minutes ago, Arwen said:

So far I'm having a mixed experience with them too... Bought a new gun through them as they were showing as having it in stock. They phoned me the day after to apologise and said it was actually on back order and would not be in the UK for another 2-3 weeks. Rather annoyingly they only work during my working day, and phoning them at lunch time they are always out. So I have emailed them to say I will wait the couple of weeks, but if there is any delay to let me know. Not heard anything back 😕 

Will update when I get the gun... 

Honestly if you need it within that time span I would take a refund. I was waiting a good two months or so and I was always given time spans of a couple of weeks for everything. If they say they'll call you back, they won't; get them to say when something will be done by then call them when they invariably miss the deadline. Also I found if you called before 1000 or after 1600 no one was ever there.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Arwen said:

Bought a new gun through them as they were showing as having it in stock. They phoned me the day after to apologise and said it was actually on back order and would not be in the UK for another 2-3 weeks.

Nooooo!  The 1873?  I was so looking forward to getting my hands on your petite butt. 😢 

To be honest, I'd request and require a refund ASAP rather than hoping that their 2-3 weeks has any basis in reality.  I'd imagine that it'll restock everywhere at more or less at the same time, and I'd rather give my money to someone who hasn't just messed me around.

1 minute ago, Rogerborg said:

😢 I'd imagine that it'll restock everywhere at more or less at the same time, and I'd rather give my money to someone who hasn't just messed me around.

Yeah good advice, I missed out on a crazy deal of £250 for the CA M249 para from Fire Support because of holding out for Extreme Airsoft to come through.

It is indeed the stubby 1873 @Rogerborg -_-

I'm inclined to believe the 2-3 week wait is genuine. I had asked my local shop about getting me one in, but they said a 3 week wait as this shipment is still in HK. 

I am assuming this is the same shipment that Extreme Airsoft are waiting on... So we'll see. I'm in no real rush for it, but if they have not got back to me with an update by week 2 (or 3 depending on how generous I'm feeling)  it's getting cancelled and my local will get one in for me - as I have made clear to them in my email.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: 

So my order was placed on the evening of the 15th august for a rifle that was marked as in stock and ready for dispatch. 

Phone call from them on the 16th to say sorry, but it is actually on back order. Should arrive in 2-3 weeks, did I want to wait and they would sort out a free gift or something as a sorry, or did I want a refund. 

I said I would wait, only if they knew there were definitively getting them in in that time frame. "Yes, they should definitely be here by then"

Fast forward 3 weeks...

They have ignored my various emails and Facebook messages asking for an update, so I phoned them this afternoon. No apology and barely let me speak on the phone. Simply kept repeating "there are loads of folk waiting on A&K goods, they wont be here for around 2 -3 weeks"

I've asked for a refund, which apparently can take 3-5 days to come through. I doubt I will use them in future. 

Yup. I cannot abide by the " oh they will be here in a few weeks" line that keeps getting repeated. 

Not answering emails or FB messages (You can see they have been read...) is plain ignorance and is possibly the reason that you need to keep phoning them as it is pretty much always engaged.

• Supporters
21 hours ago, Arwen said:

Yup. I cannot abide by the " oh they will be here in a few weeks" line that keeps getting repeated. 

Not answering emails or FB messages (You can see they have been read...) is plain ignorance and is possibly the reason that you need to keep phoning them as it is pretty much always engaged.

Funnily enough (actually no it’s not funny at all) last yr I ordered an A&K m60 for a friend , (I’m his gun runner as he’s never sorted his ukara and he plays every mth for 20plus yrs !) 🤣

any hoo they started all this shit with me but miraculously quick full refund when I informed them I’d contacted my credit card company ref potential fraud , funny that ! 🤦‍♂️

Ordered a scope for £99 from them..was on back order.  Changed my mind and cancelled it..got refund to my credit card the same day.  No issues and quite helpful over the phone.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ordered an S&T M249 from them Tuesday as showing in stock, no communication from them after the 'order received' email. Rang them yesterday to confirm the order is all ok, was told yes being processed will be with me Monday or Tuesday. Messaged them again today via Facebook to ask for confirmation of dispatch and a tracking number, got a reply back to say they have had to order one in as they thought they had one but didn't 'should'  be with them Monday / Tuesday and with me mid week. Replied to say that that was a problem as no one would be home daytime after Tuesday to receive it. an hour later I rang them as no reply, spoke to two members of staff and at the moment they are using 24 hr delivery and it's going to my place of work, I've said I expect a phone call to confirm dispatch. We will see, If I don't hear from them Monday I'll phone them Tuesday and if it isn't there I'll just take a refund . I work in retail and I know the issues with stock levels etc, however I work with a customer base who expect excellent service and that certainly includes proper communication.

10 minutes ago, Nick G said:

We will see, If I don't hear from them Monday I'll phone them Tuesday and if it isn't there I'll just take a refund .

This is extremely characteristic of them and you can expect it to go on for potentially months. They probably will deliver eventually; in my experience they're incompetent but not dishonest. If the savings are worth it and you want to persevere you'll probably get it eventually. They really need to stop over-promising and under-delivering because I think people respond much better to "look, we have no idea when you'll get it but we'll send it when we have it" if there's large savings involved.

It certainly wont go on for months, they've got till Tuesday to confirm that they have it and it's being shipped. After that I'll ask for a refund and go via paypal if needs be. Nothing I can't live without, just fancying a 249 and the S&T one suits, standard V2 so easy to work on and polymer is fine for keeping the weight down, but not an issue if I don't get one.

Online I found they were great, but that was buying some 40mm grenades, mags and stuff. 

The last time I visited the shop, I drove for over an hour only to be told when I got there the shop was closed. At midday. On a Thursday. Shame, because I was going to buy a decent MP5 and 1911. The reason for why they were closed and the estimate of someone arriving who could sell me anything changed numerous times within 5 minutes 🙄

Well I've had an email with a shipping number so should have it tomorrow fingers crossed ........note to self take battery and BBs to work tomorrow !

I've had to chase them all the way though, so wouldn't use them again.

Well it's arrived ......... but they sent it to my home address so it ended up with a neighbour . Not actually a problem but not as requested. On the plus side they have sent me the Cybergun version , same gun but with trades.

• 4 weeks later...

I preordered a Qua8e grenade from Extreme Airsoft mid January. I closely followed both of their Facebook pages (extreme airsoft and Tectonic Innovations, which is also owned by them) to get an Idea of when I should expect to receive it. From posts on their pages I saw I should have received it mid to late February, which is a lot later than advertised on their websites that said end of January. But that didn’t bother me as I wouldn’t want a rushed product sent to me.

On the 19th of feb I got a dispatch email from them with parcel force tracking information. The tracking info didn’t work, I checked with some people on Facebook and they were in the same position. After waiting a few days I messaged them and they informed me that there was an issue with the anodising and I should get it by the 25th of feb and they would include a few primers as a way to say sorry. I thanked them and told them that was fine but that it would have been nice to have been told. They also gave me another tracking number... this also didn’t work.

The 25th of feb came and went and still no sign. And still no contact from them. So again I messaged them a few days later. This time I’m told the grenades will be with stockist on Monday. No explanation as to where my preordered grenade is or when it will be with me.

So I asked for a refund, I then got the fastest reply I’ve ever had from them basically saying that it’s not their fault as theres a fault with the base plates that need re machining and that Chris and Lee have been working 16 hour days to sort them,  which is the reason not one person in the company could have sent me a message to let me know of further delays. But my refund had been processed. 

The fact that there were production issues isn’t my problem. This is a brand new product and things like that are to be expected. But the lack of communication and respect for the customer is what upsets me most. For a product that cost around £140 I expect a bit of a better shopping experience. Also when I politely advise them that I’m a little frustrated about the lack of communication and then for them to completely ignore that messsge isn’t a confidence builder that they’re mature enough to accept feed back that might help iron out the kinks in their customer service/ business. 

Potentially great product unfortunately being released by a company that isn’t capable.

• Supporters

Repeated fictional tracking numbers?

I call fraud by false representation on that.

That reminds me, I never heard back from Trading Standards about SWAT Training devices, who to this day are still marketing VTGs as being available from stock. :(