Tokyo Marui HK45 Slide Problems

Marsh
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, the slide of my TM HK45 (just bought) catches just before the front of the gun. This only happens when a magazine with no bbs is inserted (when the slide catch is being pushed up) and then the slide is racked back. The slide locks in normal when fully racked back but releasing the slide then causes it to get stuck. I've identified which two pieces catch on each other when this happens. Is there a way to fix this?

20180815_200014.jpg

20180815_200009.jpg

20180815_200004.jpg

Circled.jpg

• Supporters

drop the slide first then insert the mag?

it's not good practice to drop the slide on an empty mag as it can damage the little protrusion on the nozzle that pushed bb's into the chamber.

• 5 months later...

Hey dude the piece on the slide you have circled is not the piece that engages the empty mag catch, what engages the mag catch/slide lock is actually a metal insert/plate about 1.5" long infront of the piece you have circled, yours appears to be missing though and this is what is causing your slide to fail to return to battery, I know this because when I removed the blowback unit on mine this piece fell out and I had exactly the same problem until I realised I had dropped it! Hope this helps mate 👍

Archived