Export RIF from UK to Sweden with no UKARA

Greenworks
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Everyone,

I inherited an RIF (Inokatsu m4) from a friend but I am moving to Sweden in less than a month. As such, I would like to bring the gun with me, but the issue lies with the fact that I have no UKARA defence. I've seen lots of posts on importing RIF's to the UK, but none for exporting them to other countries. 

My understanding is that RIF laws in Sweden are a lot more relaxed than here, so I don't think I'll have any issues on their end. I'm more concerned on the process for exporting the RIF given I have no defence. The options I've thought of are to:

• Two tone the gun (god forbid) get around the laws. The only issue with this is that I'm not sure if I can get cheap temporary parts to sacrifice for this purpose.
  • Skirmish at a site where I can get my UKARA defence 3 times within the next month, and hope it comes through in time. This will be expensive since the gun is not really in a skirmish-able condition, so I would have to hire each time. Airsoft sites are not close to London, so transport costs will need to be taken into account as well.

I was under the impression that UKARA laws are more concerned with the Import rather than Export of RIF's. Does anyone have further information on this issue?

Cheers

You can't skirmish 3 times at the same site within a month as most don't have that many events per month. Plus, it can't be less than 2 months.

Best option is to just declare it and hope for the best. Make sure they understand what an airsoft gun is.

You don’t require a VCRA defence (such as UKARA) to possess and as you are exporting then there’s no real issue as long as the item is illegal. (Edit — ideally “legal” rather than “illegal”)

Look into the policy’s of who you are travelling with, double check the requirements for Sweden and if surface travelling check the countries you are passing through  

I came from the Netherlands to the uk, what i did is just take the whole thing apart, (not the gearbox :p) and send that ahead by mail.
 Still i added my dutch ukara equivalent paperwork and a little sob story what was in the box, just in case. 

it might help if you are already living in sweden, and get a friend of yours to send it to you, so you can get to swedish customs if needed.

Archived