Nuprol mid caps?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I have a few of the PMag style, they fit and feed well in my Specna. Your mileage may vary.

They seem to be the one piece of Nuprol kit that most people agree is actually quite good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
16 hours ago, kasaran said:

Whats better though nuprol or cyma? For stanags

Honestly I'd say it very much depends on your rifle and your ammo. The only Cyma mags I have are MP5 mids (which feed fine but need a firm shove to get them to latch in my Classic Army MP5K) and for my M14 (which is also Cyma).

I know plenty of folks that have no issues with them.

• Supporters

Workmate Eddy bought one each of five (maybe six) different brands of M4 midap mags, plastic and metal, for his G&G CM.

I believe that two of them fitted and fed without issues. The other three or four, I had to file away at the the release catch windows on them to get them to seat correctly and even at that, one of them required filing a huge central rib off of it to get it to fit in the magwell at all.

tl;dr summary: airsoft toys are toys, made with random tolerances, and you might get lucky, or you might not.

On 02/09/2018 at 19:23, kasaran said:

Whats better though nuprol or cyma? For stanags

I have both in Hi caps and the CYMA have feeding issues which I do not encounter with the nuprol. The mid caps may be better though as I have not tried them both. This is in a CM18. 

• 1 month later...
On 04/09/2018 at 05:46, Haru said:

anyone have experience with the hex mags? they look so sexy, but i've seen mixed reviews about them

I use them in my Specna Arms H-02 (416 clone) They feed flawlessy but seem to have a weird fitment issue. They don't to see to sit on the mag catch properly and you can literally pull them out without pressing the mag release. I imagine it's because of the 416 "boxy" magwell or just the mag catch in general. Saying that, I put them in my crappy SRC M4A1 and it's low-key a mission just to get them in as they're fairly tight.
Ive put some electrical tape on mine so that they fit more snug in the magwell making it less likely to fall out. They seem to be perfectly fine for now... I can definitely recommend them but purchase them at your own risk!

• Supporters

Trawl the net and get your self classic army metal 120 mids best I’ve ever used , I’ve used them in G&G/TM/ICS/Jing Gong/Cyma/ A&K/AND a few other brands I can’t remember over a good few yrs and I’ve never had a problem with them in any gun I’ve used . 

Whilst I can't speak for their longevity, having only fielded them once, the Nuprol stanag mags have worked fantastically in my Raider 2.0, my brother's original cm16 and in a random player's M4 who was having feeding trouble with his own hi-cap mid game. 

They surprised me when they arrived since I'd assumed they were polymer but they actually have a metal outer casing. I found I could fit 137-138 bbs into each one so not far off the advertised 140.

I also enjoyed testing their feeding, ending with mag dumping all 138bbs in one long burst. Absolute waste of ammo but bluddy good fun. 

Only issue I've had is that they don't drop free when I press the mag release. Saves me losing it when crawling through bushes though!

Oh and i got the ones that can hold 30 or 140 bbs.  I ordered 5 as patrol base had an offer on.  They were oddly a mix of preset between either capacity 

2 minutes ago, kasaran said:

Oh and i got the ones that can hold 30 or 140 bbs.  I ordered 5 as patrol base had an offer on.  They were oddly a mix of preset between either capacity 

Yeah I like those switable mid / real caps, always preferred a mid to a hi as if forces you to choose shots rather than spray and pray.

Archived