Are Kent police buying airsoft gear??

Nicky blue eyes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Lol, being Kent plod I'm surprised they've managed to put it on the right way round 😉

th.jpg

• Supporters

South Wales police use mesh masks when training with simuntions so seems a fair assumption other forces would as well ? 

19 hours ago, Graydar said:

tfw tory cuts are biting a bit too hard

I'd very much like to know what that stock in the top left is doing there

That's a H&K baton gun, it comes with a retractable stock. 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Tackle said:

Lol, being Kent plod I'm surprised they've managed to put it on the right way round 😉

th.jpg

" No arrests were made, no injuries were reported and no weapons were recovered. "

<eye-roll.gif>

22 hours ago, Nicky blue eyes said:

Sorry about the quality of the picture as its taken from my local paper. But with all due respect to the frontline officers they look like airsofters. I think its the face mask that dose it.

15346163124511327197551.jpg

Haha that one tigris mask tho, jesus seen some airsofters with better looking kit.

Kent Police have recently entered a seven force collaberation with Essex, Cambs, Beds, Herts, Norfolk and Suffolk with relation to firearms policing.

Part of this collaberation is enhanced buying power when it comes to getting kit and will over time improve interoperability between the forces.

Recently Airsoft style face masks have been issued for operation and training use as a covering for the face when there is a liklihood that 9 - Bangs are going to be used of any MOE equipment.

Likewise some of the forces have started using Airsoft RIFs in force on force training scenarios for a number of reasons, mainly cost. A BB costs a lot less than a 5.56 simunition paint round.

You can also use BBs in most training venues if you dont mind running a hoover round afterwards, whereas its much more difficult to scrub the walls of paint of the school youve been using for 3 weeks as a training venue whilst the kids are off.

I really hope this is because the officers at the sharp end have found them useful and not because some office wallah thinks it looks good. Never thought of the training side but that dose make a lot of sense. As for the paint marks on the walls, the state of my kids primary school now becomes clear. Lol

6 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

six and nine bangers fire out little bits of shit when they go off, I expect getting hit in the face with one would hurt a lot.

those mesh masks would be next to useless against simunition. 

Exactly that. 

Yes for simunition paint rounds alternative masks are used.

Also prevent the amount of glass shards you get back in the face when putting windows/doors in.

• Head Moderator
On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 19:57, Graydar said:

I'd very much like to know what that stock in the top left is doing there

It is attached to the 'blooper' gun he is holding in his right hand, which is used for firing CS gas.

• Supporters
On 20/08/2018 at 08:33, Dentonboy said:

Also have PERSEC properties. 

No, I'm pretty sure they're fabric and mesh.

tenor.gif

Archived