Old But New Too.

Gumper
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

New guy here from sunny Norfolk.

I’ve played paintball on a number of occasions but now I’m looking at taking up air soft as a sport.

Im at that stage in life where I have more time and disposable income but my body is falling apart.

I’ll make sure I search this site for the usual answers to noob questions and look the play my first game very soon.

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers

G

More Norfolk lads the better!
There are some great sites around the county and most of the folks playing are the right sort.

Yeah you are gonna burn through a lot of disposable income and get some bruises but its a lot of fun.

There is tons of info on getting into the sport on here and lots of people you can ask questions.

Hope to see you around mate!

16 hours ago, Game Cam said:

More Norfolk lads the better!
There are some great sites around the county and most of the folks playing are the right sort.

Yeah you are gonna burn through a lot of disposable income and get some bruises but its a lot of fun.

There is tons of info on getting into the sport on here and lots of people you can ask questions.

Hope to see you around mate!

Any recommendations ?

9 hours ago, Gumper said:

Any recommendations ?

- My regular outdoor field is Combat Action Games
- My regular CQB is Battlestation Snetterton

- There is Skirmish Norwich which wasn't terrible but I didn't get on with some of the regulars there.

- Haven't tried Combat Airsoft Thetford but Hope to play there in October.

- Haven't played at Tuddenham but have heard good things so hope to swing by in November.

- Haven't played a Battleground Airsoft but its on the list.
So you will have to ask other folk about those three.

Those are all the sites in Norwich I know of but you don't have to stay in the county, there are some great sites further afield if you willing to drive.

2 hours ago, Game Cam said:

Haven't tried Combat Airsoft Thetford

Is that the one off the A11?

if so played paintball there a couple of years back.  Awful experience.  Way too many people on site.  Where there 2 hours before playing our first game.  60+ players per game, team mates running through your line of fire.  Poorly marshalled.

Been to Skirmish near Swaffham and another paintball site out in the sticks near Wisbech which were both much better.  Not sure if they play Airsoft.

Having read the beginners guides and a little googling I’ve decided just to go and play my first game.  I’ve persuaded my lad to join me too.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

• Moderators

Welcome :)

Tuddenham i'd recommend :) 

CA Thetford, recommend, no long waiting time there either :) 

welcome to the sticksville airsoft society lol.

My top local sites are

Combat Action Games for woodland

Battle Stations at snetterton for a bit of cqb.

I have played combat thetford and i think their days can vary like the wind. But then most sites are like that depending on who and how organised.

I haven't played Battleground or tuddenham yet so cant comment on those.

Skirmish at plumstead used to be really good but it's changed a lot.

Finally there i a small site at RAF WEST RAYNHAM called scorpion airsoft. Want to try it but lately they seem to have a lot of DofE stuff going on and low numbers. So its on the list.

Shops wise you have shops at Combat thetford and Battlestations. OR for a full shop there is the Combat Action Games shop in Norwich and Sean the tech there is a top guy. There is also Hoopers surplus in central norwich that is great for kit and surplus and he also offers a 10% discount to airsofters and ex military folks.

If you want a in game looksie around some of the local sites. Check out AirsoftCamMan, Killfisher and Airsoft Ed on youtube as they all play most of the local sites.

On 18/08/2018 at 13:29, Gumper said:

Hi all,

New guy here from sunny Norfolk.

I’ve played paintball on a number of occasions but now I’m looking at taking up air soft as a sport.

Im at that stage in life where I have more time and disposable income but my body is falling apart.

I’ll make sure I search this site for the usual answers to noob questions and look the play my first game very soon.

Hi mate I’m new to the forum but not Airsoft, I’m from the west Norfolk area and the sites everybody else have mentioned I have been to them all and can honestly say I have had a good experience at all of them so you can’t really go wrong to be honest, if you fancy meeting up in the future shoot me a pm.....

I also have a nice M4 you are more than welcome to borrow for the day, will save you having to use a shitty rental and be a lot cheaper for you....

On 28/08/2018 at 07:43, TIGGER said:

Hi mate I’m new to the forum but not Airsoft, I’m from the west Norfolk area and the sites everybody else have mentioned I have been to them all and can honestly say I have had a good experience at all of them so you can’t really go wrong to be honest, if you fancy meeting up in the future shoot me a pm.....

I also have a nice M4 you are more than welcome to borrow for the day, will save you having to use a shitty rental and be a lot cheaper for you....

Jolly nice of you, but I wouldn't want to be responsible for knackering it for you lol.  West Norfolk here too, southern side of King's Lynn.

Keep browsing AEG's it'll save me £25 a time if I buy a two tone, but a number of layers of paint would look crappy in the long run.  Wish I had my UKARA or a friend with one!!!!  Seen some nice G36C's.

Archived