CQB Pain

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
15 hours ago, heroshark said:

I've gone all John McClain a few times

Vest and bare feet? :D

I also sweat up a treat and run a short sleeved coolmax t-shirt, plus armoured gloves. My arms tend look like, well, like I've been pepped by hard plastic 1.3J BBs at close range.  Bruises and occasional hero-juice leaks.  But it only stings for a moment, and I'd rather feel every hit than miss one.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Vest and bare feet? :D

Now that would be truly risky , yeah I do wear foot wear. Me in my vest here. Dungarees too love my dungarees they take a bit of the sting off.   

18033293_1017679024998489_8070008058578159594_n.jpg

• Head Moderator
On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 09:08, supersavage said:

Only just started airsoft recently and have only played cqb. I soon found out that gloves are a must lol, took one right one the knuckle of my thumb which wasn't pleasant and swelled up real nice also 3-4 rounds to my little finger which I think has actually chipped the bone

I would not play CQB without gloves.  At close range I find even wearing Mechanix M-Pact gloves that a hit on the nail or knuckle is still bloody painful.

If you were to tell building clearers in Afghanistan they were likely to be hit with a 6mm plastic ball at 350 fps, they would breathe a good deal easier.

If you took moderate pain out of airsoft it would quickly take all the fun out of it. People would just rush in with no thought to tactics.

If it's a cold day I am usually well wrapped. If it is hot I wear a short sleeved shirt. As long as your hands and face are covered you aren't going to be seriously injured.

1 hour ago, Jedi_Master said:

I would not play CQB without gloves.  At close range I find even wearing Mechanix M-Pact gloves that a hit on the nail or knuckle is still bloody painful.

I remembered I had some neoprene type shooting gloves from all of the air rifle stuff I had. I tried them in a game and to my surprise they worked really well,think the neoprene helps absorbs the energy but not so much that you can't feel the hit. 

10 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

If you were to tell building clearers in Afghanistan they were likely to be hit with a 6mm plastic ball at 350 fps, they would breathe a good deal easier.

If you took moderate pain out of airsoft it would quickly take all the fun out of it. People would just rush in with no thought to tactics.

If it's a cold day I am usually well wrapped. If it is hot I wear a short sleeved shirt. As long as your hands and face are covered you aren't going to be seriously injured.

Interesting thoughts.
However, building clearers aren't playing a game - so it's relative.
If building clearers were told that after they'd been hit by enemy munitions they could just go back to regen and come back to life, they'd breathe easier still! 🤣
As I've said before, I've played in short sleeves for the last 6 months, so have no problem with getting shot on skin at close range and the pain that goes with 
My OP was inquiring about how to reduce the pain in a specific area. A few peeps have suggested changing tactics.
But that doesn't help when you're getting shot by someone who's either a) cheating or b) on your own side!
For some reason, they hurt more. And it's needless pain, which I'd like to reduce.
In the scale of injury, I suppose it depends what you call serious.
No chance of having a leg blown off, no.
Chance of having a finger fractured? Yes, even with gloves on 😞 

Archived