CQB Pain

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Crochet here I come!

I’m not entirely sure a crochet’d PC is the way to go 😂😂😂😂

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
25 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Interesting thought. I guess I'll just quit then.
I guess I'm a pussy for wearing a helmet/full face and not just nutting that TRMR back at the opponent the other week.
I play in shorts and bare arms. Pain is not a massive problem, on the whole. 
My question was around attempting to reduce the level of pain when shot in the torso, not remove.
I get pissed off when I get shot and it hurts, especially after the person is already dead, because I've shot them.
I shot someone last week, and after he came over to talk to me, as we were chatting, he said "oh are we not on the same team? - I said no and he shot me twice in the stomach from about three foot. It hurt a great deal - even more so cos the fucker was dead. I would perhaps, have not been quite as angry about it, had there been a little bit of protection there.
And my own team shooting me in the back. That hurts more than it would otherwise, as you're not looking out for shots from your own team. Again, something to limit the pain of that.
Ah well. Thanks for the advice.
Crochet here I come!

Unfortunately anything that limits it will also cause problems with stopping it altogether. Just wear a PC like most do as that will stop it and at least you will still hear most hits.

If that doesn't work then give me a shout when you get good with the needles, I need a new beanie for winter.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Lozart said:

There was a guy at The Mall yesterday wearing exactly this. Seemed to be coated with Teflon too.

Anything too baggy or heavy will take so much out of it that you'll end up not feeling the hits. 

That says to me he was cheating , any one who says they didn’t feel or hear the hit on baggy clothing at a CQB game was either shot with a gun doing single number FPS or is a lying little shit ! I know which one I’m going with ? 😉

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

That says to me he was cheating , any one who says they didn’t feel or hear the hit on baggy clothing at a CQB game was either shot with a gun doing single number FPS or is a lying little shit ! I know which one I’m going with ? 😉

Well, the chrono never (usually) lies so it certainly wasn't low FPS....

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Not true in a place like the mall with ricochets going everywhere it is easy not hear a hit sometimes. Baggy clothes absorb really well if hit in the right place like a loose fold.

2 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

I shot someone last week, and after he came over to talk to me, as we were chatting, he said "oh are we not on the same team? - I said no and he shot me twice in the stomach from about three foot. It hurt a great deal - even more so cos the fucker was dead. I would perhaps, have not been quite as angry about it, had there been a little bit of protection there.

Well that guy was a thundercunt

Did you report him to a marshall?

Not played with any nobbers as bad as that.

Cheers

g

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Not true in a place like the mall with ricochets going everywhere it is easy not hear a hit sometimes. Baggy clothes absorb really well if hit in the right place like a loose fold.

agreed, once got full auto'd at point blank in an outdoor game, i'd rushed up to the bottom of a tower and there was a sneaky enemy hiding in it who popped over the top and blasted down (maybe 6 foot seperation), i took the hit because i knew there was no way he didn't hit me but after the game ended i mentioned to him that his gun was likely shooting low as i didn't feel it, he said his gun was firing 250fps.

• Supporters

Clothing like plate carriers hits is a topic of debate that’ll go absolutely nowhere , you’ll always have the side that say yes you will hear or feel the hit and those that say you won’t, and neither will be moved from there opinion on it .

16 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Did you report him to a marshall?

Not played with any nobbers as bad as that.

Cheers

g

My conduct after being should would perhaps not have shown me in the best light...
It went something like this:
"DUDE! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING???? YOU'RE DEAD FFS!!!!"
To which he replied? 
"oh, yeah. Sorry"
Tbh, it was a night full of teflon coated god mode wankers...

My first ever game was in a small CQB site. I wore a pair of cargo trousers and a causal polo shirt.

Had a few beebs break the skin on my forearms, but that doesn’t actually hurt. It’s once the polo shirt became sweaty and clung to me that body shots started to become uncomfortable. Only one that really hurt was one right on one of my ribs.

Next game I wore a light weight fishing jacket I had, where I could 100% still feel the hits, but it took the sting out a bit.

To be honest, learning the site and learning how to play was by far the biggest difference between game one and game two, and not so much what I was wearing. 

10 hours ago, Nodnol said:

Had a few beebs break the skin on my forearms, but that doesn’t actually hurt. It’s once the polo shirt became sweaty and clung to me that body shots started to become uncomfortable. Only one that really hurt was one right on one of my ribs.

This so much!

Game day in July I had a BB break skin through a heavy ripstop assault shirt. Didnt even feel like it hit me hard and didnt notice the cut till I got home. Same with my game day last sunday, got hit on the inside of my right elbow. Dont remember ever getting hit there but my lord it looks like i've been jagging up now.

I got hit on the left ribs and that one sent me back to respawn cluching my side and nothing... no mark at all.

• Supporters
On 21/08/2018 at 09:58, Seven said:

Game day in July I had a BB break skin through a heavy ripstop assault shirt

not gonna lie i'd be very much questioning what fps the bb was shot at when it starts tearing clothing like that.

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

not gonna lie i'd be very much questioning what fps the bb was shot at when it starts tearing clothing like that.

Oh no, it didn't tear anything but my skin... Through the heavy assault shirt.

It must have hit me at just the right angle with enough force to effectively turn the shirt into a grater and broke skin.

By Odin's beard, if it had ripped the shirt I would certainly be kicking up a stink! Hahaha!

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Seven said:

Oh no, it didn't tear anything but my skin... Through the heavy assault shirt.

It must have hit me at just the right angle with enough force to effectively turn the shirt into a grater and broke skin.

By Odin's beard, if it had ripped the shirt I would certainly be kicking up a stink! Hahaha!

ahh right, mis-read you then, still pretty hefty though.

25 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

ahh right, mis-read you then, still pretty hefty though.

Yeah, but it didn't even hurt that bad. I didn't know until I took the shirt off at the end of the day.

It's a CQB site with a hard limit of 350fps on 0.2g, a weight limit of .25, so can't even blame joule creep and no MED.

It seems that the ones that hurt the most do less physical damage.

• Supporters
46 minutes ago, Seven said:

Yeah, but it didn't even hurt that bad. I didn't know until I took the shirt off at the end of the day.

It's a CQB site with a hard limit of 350fps on 0.2g, a weight limit of .25, so can't even blame joule creep and no MED.

It seems that the ones that hurt the most do less physical damage.

indeed, worst place is the fingernail, man that smarts for weeks after.

i dunno about that :D i got shot above my glasses and under my hat on a field today (went to rush silly idea really) got a nice big cut on the ridge above my eyebrow and now a big bump ^^ think id rather take the fingernail :(

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Osiris said:

i dunno about that :D i got shot above my glasses and under my hat on a field today (went to rush silly idea really) got a nice big cut on the ridge above my eyebrow and now a big bump ^^ think id rather take the fingernail :(

you really don't want to be hit on the fingernail.

i was playing a vip game where i was the vip (so when i die that's it) and my team had been wiped out and i could hear the enemy team getting closer to my building. so in the manner of the "heroic" last stant i pop round the corner with pistol blazing and get hit by what seems like every single enemy full auto'ing straight into my little pinky fingernail.

it wasnt that bad for the first 30 seconds then it just got worse and worse, ended up driving home left handed alternating between "**** that hurts" and "thank **** this is an automatic", it was like that for a week and it took 3 months for the blood to grow out.

yeah i'd rather take the bleedin eyebrow.....

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/08/2018 at 10:51, Prisce said:

Honestly, me and the guys have done DTW in Colchester twice now(site isn’t 10m square) the longest distance shot I have received there is possibly 3m.

I got shot in the trigger finger, that I had broken, at 3 feet, no gloves(only game I forgot to put them on for), I jumped around like a little girl.

I got shot point blank, felt the gas burn more than the BB, from a CO2 CZP09, that seriously hurt.

We did all of this in shorts and a T-shirt. Think I was in more pain here than I have ever been airsofting. 

But its it’s so so much fun. The best way to reduce the pain is to change your play style, (read get shot less). First game at DTW I didn’t get shot once. But I was sneaking around learning the site and shooting form places they couldn’t see me.

Second time I went in guns blazing, running and gunning, and came out with chicken pox. 

I dont think wearing more layers gives you the pain benefit your after without reducing manoeuvrability. 

Where’s this mate? I’m in Colchester looking for cqb :) 

• Supporters

https://dtwairsoft.co.uk/contact-us

24 minutes ago, mattyii said:

Where’s this mate? I’m in Colchester looking for cqb :) 

Just a warning, it’s extreme CQB, I’m talking fart in one corner and you’ll smell it in the furthest in a second..

As long as I'm masked up ,gloves ,something to cover my neck and trousers obviously I'm good. I've gone all John McClain a few times when it's warm as I'd rather the pain than over heating. Even when it's cold I try keep it minimal including my rig as I prefer to feel hits. Tried PCs and not for me.

Only just started airsoft recently and have only played cqb. I soon found out that gloves are a must lol, took one right one the knuckle of my thumb which wasn't pleasant and swelled up real nice also 3-4 rounds to my little finger which I think has actually chipped the bone (I'm on the skinny side and not what you'd call well padded lol) 

Also took a few to the neck at close range which wasn't fun. 

Archived