Professional Upgrades

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Have you had an airsoft gun built up or upgraded from a base gun by a professional airsoft tech?

How would you go about it, and what would you expect from that?

how much would you expect to pay for that?

other than i would expect it to work exactly as what i asked for how long is piece of string?  there are plenty of airsoft techs and most shops have a tech but since there are no formal qualifications to be a tech you will just have to do the research on them to see quality of their work. how much depends on what you want done each guy will have an hourly rate assume 10 to 20 quid an hour maybe more. you need to decided what you want done what parts you want and then get quotes. There is no straight answer you need to do the leg work.

A better question would be i have this gun i want it to do this and have this can some one recommend me a tech   

• Supporters

With the proviso that you can get less than you pay for, and that there are talented amateurs and enthusiasts out there under-valuing themselves, I would consider £30 an hour as the entry point for professional work.

That's what Kingdom of Airsoft charge, and they've got a 6 to 12 week wait time, so I'd suggest that they're still under-valuing themselves.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

I know at least 5 people that had issues, team mate didn’t get his gun back for almost 9 months!

I have had to sort a few people claimed were repaired/upgraded there. No proof that any definitely were though so I reserve my judgement.

Seen a lot that worked well from there so can't be all bad.

On 18/08/2018 at 09:05, BigStew said:

other than i would expect it to work exactly as what i asked for how long is piece of string?  there are plenty of airsoft techs and most shops have a tech but since there are no formal qualifications to be a tech you will just have to do the research on them to see quality of their work. how much depends on what you want done each guy will have an hourly rate assume 10 to 20 quid an hour maybe more. you need to decided what you want done what parts you want and then get quotes. There is no straight answer you need to do the leg work.

A better question would be i have this gun i want it to do this and have this can some one recommend me a tech   

Yeah, I'm not looking for a particular recommendation or project, more discussing in general the consensus on DIY upgrading vs sending into a tech, what kind of processes it involves re quoting, labour rates etc, turnarounds..

Archived