Maple Leaf Hop Rubber - FPS Problem

Smooth_Operator
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I've just finished upgrading my Ares Amoeba Striker with an Action Army hop unit and 500fps spring. 

I've also, based on how it was chronoing before the hop change, replaced the bucking with a Maple Leaf Autobot 80°. (Because this is recommended for 450fps+ guns). 

Having just put it back together I figured I'd chrono it and see how it shoots. 

This is where it gets odd...

With the hop adjuster completely off, it shoots a very respectable 360fps on .3g BBs. However, as soon as I add any hop whatsoever, this drops significantly - down to about 210fps. More than 1/2 a turn of the adjuster prevents the BB from passing through the hop. 

Is this because the bucking is too hard? Should I consider perhaps a 60° or 70° bucking instead?

Looking forward to hearing some wisdom from you very knowledgeable people!

Trojax

When nub are you using? With the hop off, do BBs shoot far or fly upwards at all?

15 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

When nub are you using? With the hop off, do BBs shoot far or fly upwards at all?

Hey dude thanks for the reply.

Nub is the Maple Leaf omega concave. 

Not got anywhere with the space to test the range/drop/climb as yet. 

• 1 month later...

Archived