Quick spring sanity check

Adolf Hamster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

figured i'd just throw this out there as a sanity check see if my math is right.

basically the f2000 is shooting low, about 0.8j (we're limited to 1) on an m100 spring with the adjustable tension completely wound in.

so i'm thinking as it's about 20% under and if i want the adjustable system wound out (supposedly another 20% if g&g are to be beleived) then i'm looking at an M125 spring to get 1j.

sound about right? i'd rather have some room to wind in for once everything settles in (after all whats the point of an adjustable system if you don't get to the limit on the dot)

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Prisce said:

I’m going to say no. My modify M100 gave 390FPS in my set up.. what brand spring are you using?

don't know, twas an unboxed spare from the local shop.

thing is i suspect mine doesn't seal air the greatest, i've been fighting it for months now to get it to feed properly but it seems getting the nozzle short enough to feed ends up dropping fps.

• Supporters

Measure your nozzle. Let me know if it’s too short or long for what you need. I have Some helpful contacts to get the right sized nozzle.

But definitely get a Modify M100 spring, tell me what FPS you get with that.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Measure your nozzle. Let me know if it’s too short or long for what you need. I have Some helpful contacts to get the right sized nozzle.

But definitely get a Modify M100 spring, tell me what FPS you get with that.

the nozzle is exactly the right length to feed and no more, been filing it down gently to get it just so.

• Supporters

If that’s the case, have you considered it could be mags? If your nozzle is perfect, I’d lay blame on the mags. Not much else it could be.

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, Prisce said:

If that’s the case, have you considered it could be mags? If your nozzle is perfect, I’d lay blame on the mags. Not much else it could be.

mags are fine, they work in the m4 and vice versa the mags i normally run in the m4 work in the f2000, its as if the stroke of the nozzle isnt enough, if it's short enough to go far enough back to allow feeding then it's too short to seal properly.

thing is the hop unit is as well aligned as its possible to get in an f2000 and i've got a delayer chip with a half mm rise and it's still not enough.

the nozzle in there was intentionally oversized and i've filed it down now to the point at maximum draw it's perfectly in line with the back of the hop chamber.

• Supporters

Well,you know what I’m gonna say.

Kill it. kill it with fire. Then bury it.

Sounds possessed to me. Some of the more intellectual engineers on here might suggest tappet plate modification.. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Prisce said:

Well,you know what I’m gonna say.

Kill it. kill it with fire. Then bury it.

Sounds possessed to me. Some of the more intellectual engineers on here might suggest tappet plate modification.. 

it's strange, the tappet plate is definately getting the full stroke, longer than stock, so i'm at a loss to explain whats going on.

• Supporters

well, gambled on an m125 spring and fortunately it's right on the money, i can go between 0.7 and 1.3 joules on the adjustment so it can go either way.

now all that's left to do is fix the shaky semi-auto reliability and hope it actually feeds on the field.

Archived