G&G GC16 Wildhog 12" ETU / MOSFET dead

SCAR_Jester
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

I've never worked on one before or know how the internals are set up, so I need a little help!

So it died a few weeks ago, I had been using it on an 11.1v LiPo for a while without realising I was using a 30c LiPo... Whoops.

Now all I know is that I have 2 real options (maybe 3).
-  Replace the G&G ETU and MOSFET with another stock part and be careful with LiPo usage.

-  Replace the affected parts and others with a trolley trigger and cheapitea Tr MOSFET 

-  Possible to do  straight swap of the G&G ETU with say a Titan???

The other parts I'm replacing are barrel assembly, piston and maybe the motor but primarily shimming and barrel is my concern for performance after the thing is working again.

Any help or recommendations appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

• Supporters

First of all you gotta locate an ETU or likely the 3 rnd mosfet unit

(though in rare instances the 3 tiny switches can crap out in trigger unit)

So that is £40~£45 say £50 with postage

unless you can get it replaced under warranty

To convert back to old school you will need say a shs v2 switch

AND a new V2 selector plate as the ETU kit or guns have a modified selector

(basically a cut/trimmed dmr type selector that nevers raises the COL)

cost say £12~£15 to convert plus mosfet/wires

likely a tiny mosfet like Gate nano or something

Titan - well that is chucking some serious dough at a gun but if you got the dosh then it's your gun

Why would you replace the motor - if it is an Orange ifrit = 25k motor

that is a pretty decent stock motor

If you got the 18k grey std ferrite motor then yeah maybe replace it for a neodym

but orange ifrit is not that far behind a shs ht motor

slap in 13:1 gears & run on 7.4v getting about 19~20 rps, may not even need a mosfet if you shim it really well

did a couple of 13:1 cheapo builds with 13:1 & the slightly slower blue powerful ferrite motor (aprox 24k)

got 19 on 1 gun & 20rps on another producing only 11.5amps - very smooth

(these were hot Cyma 517's I just Shortstroked & removed the heavy piston spacer to go from 390fps to 340fps)

But yeah a good result from a couple of old motors I underestimated chucking in a junk box

the 18k motor is pretty lame but some stock G&G motors are worth keeping and reusing for cheapo builds

The orange ifrit motor (not got one myself) is supposed to be alright unless it's burnt out

A bit too much info but you got the rough pricing options & will need a new selector if going old school trigger

3 hours ago, Sitting Duck said:

A bit too much info but you got the rough pricing options & will need a new selector if going old school trigger

Perfect amount of info thank you.

The gun only cost me £100 from a mate who had abused it a fair bit so I wanted to just see how it ran before gutting it.
As far as I know the GB shell is alright and most parts should last me a while.

From what I know, old school may be my go to, and perhaps a nice advanced MOSFET such as the WARFET, but with the added cost of wires and a switch perhaps a Titan would be more fun and less hassle?

Having never installed a Titan before would there be much in the way of replacing other parts or will it replace pretty much everything?
(I also heard some random rumour that there's no ant reversal latch in the GC16?)

Cheers

• Supporters

There is a an AR Latch in the CM16 - in fact there should be one in all AEG's

If you remove the ARL then if the gun overspins it will roll back from tension of main spring

as the motor is free spinning - thus if gun pre cocks slightly, when it stops it rolls back

Unless you fit a solid locking stepper motor in there

ASCU's mentioned the ARL could be dropped but they revised this to their recommendation of installing the ARL

Even on an AB mosfet, on release of the trigger the polarity gets reversed to stop/slow motor

but soon after the braking, the motor becomes free rolling once again

You need the ARL which is installed by G&G by default

9 minutes ago, E21A said:

Out of interest, how old is the gun? 

I would say maybe 1 and a half years? It’s been a while in use.

and mostly in semi-auto.

Archived