Footwear for cqb.

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Think is mate you’ve shot down your own argument ,

you just pay attention to where/how you move you'll most likely be alright.“ 

you’d need a 6ft flashing sign to get a lot of people to pay attention to there surrounds these days ? But even then there’s still plenty who still wouldn’t see it ! 😳

I mean.. no I haven't unless you're taking something I've said very much differently to the way I mean it, but yes I fully agree on the 2nd part.

Generally speaking, as I've said a few times now people can wear what they like and as I've done in every single gear topic I always advocate for saving up to buy good quality stuff regardless of what it is.  Reality is there are loads of other games and activities people engage in that are at least as kinetic if not more, with the same hazards and where taller boots would be of benefit, but folks don't get near so adamant about it as they do in airsoft.  I don't think the advice is defacto incorrect or irrelevant but I don't believe it to be as major of an issue as some people think either; again particularly by comparison to the cheap and poorly fitting eye pro that is absolutely everywhere.  Bust an ankle - very bad, lose an eye - different level.

• Supporters

Was agreeing with you mate and commenting on the fact that society on the whole don’t see what’s in front of them at the best of times ! 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

Reality is there are loads of other games and activities people engage in that are at least as kinetic if not more, with the same hazards

With respect, airsoft does have a unique hazard: BBs rolling around on a hard floor.

• Supporters

I agree in a way, but in all these years I've never slipped on BBs in any significant way (maybe through good tread selection) and there are a crap ton of hobbies that involve moving around outside i.e. where there is rain and wet grass/slippy mud/smooth concrete.  Outdoor airsoft included of course.  So I don't think slippery surfaces are even close to unique to airsoft and I'd also primarily regard that as an argument for good sole pattern choice, not for large/heavy boots.  Tread prevents you falling over in the first place, the boot concept is about preventing ankle injury once you've fallen over, but as mentioned you're entirely likely to incur injury to plenty of places other than the ankle by falling over.  Again, there's good boots, not against the idea of them, but I don't find or believe they're quite as vital as some people might think that's all.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

I'd also primarily regard that as an argument for good sole pattern choice

I fully agree, but only you, me, and Lozart have mentioned that.  I'd rate it as the primary consideration for BBs-on-concrete boots.

Archived