Aep 556 sight and tracer help..

Interloper393
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys got to use my 556 last night for the first time and the thing is epic!! Size and noise off the thing just makes is such a fun weapon to use..

Had about 3 hours of game play with it and now ready to do a few upgrades..

What's the best sight for it for fast aiming? I use a full face mask so need something big and easy to aim.. 

Also I'm looking at the lighter tracer unit but does the 556 need and adaptors to fit it?

Last thing I'll need a gun clip and harness lol

Cheers guys :)

• Supporters

If you use full face you’d be best off getting a T1 type sight on a high mount , as to a sling don’t know if I’d bother for CQB, your moving it around so much it’ll just get on ya tits within 10mins of playing (what I usually find any way ! 🤦‍♂️) ! 👍

It was more to hold the gun when I used the pistol but Yeah it probably would annoy me lol..

Any good high mounts you eould recommend. ?  Place I play it's very dark with shit ligthing so something bright and big..

• Supporters

The absolute fastest way to aim in close quarters is practicing instinctive/point shooting.  It's free and weighs literally zero grams compared to any optic.

A 1-point sling attached at the base of the buffer tube where it meets the lower receiver won't impede you switching shoulders and moving around while still providing the option of letting the weapon swing when you want to chuck a bang or get your pistol out etc.

I do that just now and I will get better as time goes on but I'd like something for a bit of distance shooting/aiming. .  Is there a good sight for the 556?

My setup just now, tracers on its way and iv just fitted the battery extender :)

IMG_20180814_194548_737.jpg

• Supporters

This the sort I was thinking of bud ,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tactical-Micro-T1-Red-Green-Dot-Sight-High-T-1-Scope-Airsoft-Black/282569980588?hash=item41ca7bbaac:g:XTcAAOSwO6haj~eM

if I do use a sling then yea I’d use a single point like CK suggested , but as I said I don’t often use a sling as all my short CQB guns are stock and all around the 300fps mark and my pistols are higher so I rarely use it as it’s kinder to shoot the opposition with my AEG any way ! 🤣

plus with a bit off practice you can get quite adept at drawing and ‘lobbing’ grenades whilst holding target with just your shooter hand holding the gun .👍

Yeah I was reading alot of good reviews on them buddy, only drawback I seen was it dosnt look nice at all on my gun haha..

I ordered this last night, it a good bit higher than the stock so hoping it does the job, I might move away from full face masks soon once I find something stable for over glasses or prescription eye goggles.

Screenshot_2018-08-17-09-12-47.png

• Supporters

Nope not gonna be able to get down low enough with full face with that sight bud . 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Nope not gonna be able to get down low enough with full face with that sight bud

Agreed.  They're decent enough sights and my choice for CQB, but you'll want a rail riser.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quick-release-8-slot-20mm-weaver-rail-riser-mount-Rifle-scope-riser-mount/171387340318

I'd also buy a scope protector (or DIY your own with a piece of polycarb), as the glass can be shot out.  There's always something more with airsoft... ;)

Archived