TM MP7... New user!

Albiscuit
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Used my new MP7 at the weekend and loved it, can see this being my new fave gun for sure.

However not sure on Mag pouch options.

I dont like vests or rigs too much so ideally after something to attach onto my belt with an open top for easy draw but I run around a lot so must be nice n snug too!!

Any suggestions?

Also wanting some gun bling, nice little sight and new sing, maybe a decent torch.. What have you done or would do to yours?

Cheers

The Tm and the KWA being smaller than real steel means you cant use RS mag pouches. i use these with mine and they're great. Available in a few colours too. https://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=9947

I run the rear sling plate for 2 reasons. ! because it provides multiple sling options, but it also reinforces the internal frame that the bolt runs in. other than that, i have a nuprol torch with  the pressure switch taped to the folding grip, a cheap red dot and occasionally i tracer unit.

When I had my MP7 I got a custom kydex pouch made similar to the esstac kywi double/triple pouch for pistol mags (which do fit the MP7 mags but not well so not worth buying) so much like what @Wo1f posted above but I feel kydex shingle type options are the better way to go or you could go down the taco route

DSC_0574.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Am selling an Eagle Industries AOR2 molle double kydex pouch specifically for mp7 mags. £25 posted. 

Hit me up. 

The problem with Taco’s is getting mags in them. They have great retention but putting a mag in them quickly, under pressure is difficult 

Looks like what im after,  Not too fussed about putting the mags in quickly. I have 3 at the mo and will set up in the safe zone and empties go in the dump pouch or can fiddle about when dead etc. But Tacos would work to. Food for thought cheers guys!

AOR2, no thanks, black only for me. Keeping all my loadouts simple from now on!!

Good point about the sling plate. My local store has the sling adapters so when I grab another mag next week I will pick one up.

Have a torch now that would work and need a smallish decent holo sight as play mostly at The Mall!..

Thanks for the replies so far!

Me, because throwing £40 mags with relatively fragile baseplates into a dump pouch is just a recipe for leaks and annoyance.

That and I use it for cqb mostly, the round count is low and I have an order to take mags from my PC. 

Rarely use a sling. The sling adapter is there to reenforce a weak point in gbb mp7’s design. 

13 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Me, because throwing £40 mags with relatively fragile baseplates into a dump pouch is just a recipe for leaks and annoyance.

Good point actually (new GBB user here) not something I had thought of!!

To be fair its my CQB weapon so plenty of opportunity to put it back once dead etc. 

51 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Good point actually (new GBB user here) not something I had thought of!!

To be fair its my CQB weapon so plenty of opportunity to put it back once dead etc. 

Its a learning process for sure. It’s one of my only criticisms of the gun. The seals aren’t the best when using green gas. And the more you fix them by tapping the 2 pins out, the more the holes deform and the more they leak. 

I tend to just have an order on my pc so I always know where the empty one is. If I’m in a massive rush to reload, the empty is stuffed in a pocket or on the floor until I’m in a position where i can get my shit together 

16 hours ago, Wo1f said:

That and I use it for cqb mostly, the round count is low and I have an order to take mags from my PC. 

Rarely use a sling. The sling adapter is there to reenforce a weak point in gbb mp7’s design. 

After having maybe 3 TM mp7's over the course of playing airsoft I've only ever had one mag decide it wanted to not play ball and constantly leak, never had a single instance of anything else and I use my dump pouch almost exclusively, hell I've even dropped them on the floor if I haven't been running my belt with the dump pouch... maybe I'm just lucky, the only time I ever put a mag back in its pouch is if I don't expend all the ammo from it then they are numbered anyway so I remember which one I used as they sit sequentially on my first and second line.

2 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

After having maybe 3 TM mp7's over the course of playing airsoft I've only ever had one mag decide it wanted to not play ball and constantly leak, never had a single instance of anything else and I use my dump pouch almost exclusively, hell I've even dropped them on the floor if I haven't been running my belt with the dump pouch... maybe I'm just lucky, the only time I ever put a mag back in its pouch is if I don't expend all the ammo from it then they are numbered anyway so I remember which one I used as they sit sequentially on my first and second line.

You are indeed very lucky. Go in the Tm mp7 FB Page and there’s hundreds of leaky mag posts. That being said, I’m still on my standard nozzle and they’re supposed to break all of the time. 

1 minute ago, Wo1f said:

You are indeed very lucky. Go in the Tm mp7 FB Page and there’s hundreds of leaky mag posts. That being said, I’m still on my standard nozzle and they’re supposed to break all of the time. 

I also think it comes down to storage an maintenance as well, I clean and maintain all mags after every game. The amount of people I see purposefully venting their mags at the end of games its no wonder their mags loose their seals.

36 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

I also think it comes down to storage an maintenance as well, I clean and maintain all mags after every game. The amount of people I see purposefully venting their mags at the end of games its no wonder their mags loose their seals.

Omg that drives me mad. Then the next time you see them you have to listen to them call their gun shit because it’s leaking. 

You might be right. The mp7 was the only gun I got second hand so that didn’t help. None of the other 10 GBBR’s I have leak. It does seem to be a common trend with them though. 

I LOVE that wire sling!!  Need me one of those for sure too...

stupidly tempted to send it to geartech too for a nice paint jobby once I have the bling I want

3 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

I LOVE that wire sling!!  Need me one of those for sure too...

stupidly tempted to send it to geartech too for a nice paint jobby once I have the bling I want

The wire sling is Gucci without the price tag and very comfortable!

5 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Omg that drives me mad. Then the next time you see them you have to listen to them call their gun shit because it’s leaking. 

You might be right. The mp7 was the only gun I got second hand so that didn’t help. None of the other 10 GBBR’s I have leak. It does seem to be a common trend with them though. 

Had a guy last game day literally vent his mag in my face (cue innuendos) as I was collecting chairs at the end of the day... I took splice in the fact he’ll come back next game day and not be able to use it.

Any idea on uk stockists for the sling?

Also what should I be doing to gas mags after games?

3 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Any idea on uk stockists for the sling?

Also what should I be doing to gas mags after games?

No idea in the sling, but leave the gas in the mag and remove the BB’s. If you don’t keep a bit of pressure in the mags, they’re very likely to leak the next time you use them. Don’t vent any gas either. It can permanently damage the seals. If you empty a mag of gas by shooting it dry, give  it a 2 second fill with gas before putting it away, you don’t need to fill it completely 

Havent had much luck, Have one which works for now and will keep looking. Ant Supplies and Wolf Armouries have them listed online but no stock. Will ping em a message.

Otherwise will hunt out one privately or look abroad next time I need something else

• 1 month later...

Wondered what bags/cases people use for theirs?

I was thinking of grabbing a hard case online and cutting out foam, or buying a scorpion Evo bag and refoaming the inside.

i've had one mag leak on me, best solution is to get some silicone gasket sealant. works a charm!  I use viper mp5 mag pouches with the flap tucked in. 

Archived