Does anyone have experience with the CYMA CM.040C AK TACTICAL

STORMZOMBIES
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, I'm planning to build the AK from metro franchise and after lots of digging I found an E&L rifle which I thought would have been perfect for the build and then I dug some more and found out its the wrong AK and then again I dug some more and found this cyma AK I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this AK as I plan on getting one as its a dream build of mine to recreate the AK from the metro books and games. Also what are peoples recommendations for upgrades with this rifles as well if the stock internals are crap. 

Plus I do know I have to get the LCT steel heat shield for the upper handguard, as well as a lower wooden handguard, bakelite midcaps and tritium AK iron sights.

Thanks 

cyma-cm040c-ak-tactical-full-metal-black-1 (1).jpg

download.jpg

DtnOrpd.jpg

Metro Redux Screenshot 2018.08.14 - 20.56.53.92.png

Desktop Screenshot 2018.08.15 - 14.57.52.73.png

Cyma Brand AKs  0.40 series are a good base rifle for the project you are working on  pretty much standard v3  internals so upgrades are not a problem, To be-honest I would not worry to much about upgrades until you actually buy and use the rifle, you may find its perfectly usable (just remember there is a beading in period with the hop rubber so range and accuracy will be a bit off at first).  If you want dead set  set on upgrades it all depends on what you wanted e.g. a high rate of fire build, high fps, build long range  build this will dictate the upgrades parts you will need.  

One upgrade I personally do to all my AKs is to change the standard hop unit to a Pro-win hop unit( or copy depending on price and availability E&L ak hop unit is a copy of the Pro-win) or a lonex one , I might also change the hop rubber to a mad-bull blue hop rubber or g&g green hop rubber both of these  give fairly good range and is a very simple to do.  If you are looking at range their also R-hoping but I personal have had mix results with this.  There are also barrel changes but that down to personal preferences I am a fan of ORGA Magnus Barrel, Pdi and Mad-bull

The main thing  (that I am sure you are well aware of) is the external build their a lot of work there, are you going for a 100% accurate reproduction? 

Have you also consider an LCT AK74m they are fairly affordably and full steel with better standard internals in my opinion compared to the Cyma.

26 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

Cyma Brand AKs  0.40 series are a good base rifle for the project you are working on  pretty much standard v3  internals so upgrades are not a problem, To be-honest I would not worry to much about upgrades until you actually buy and use the rifle, you may find its perfectly usable (just remember there is a beading in period with the hop rubber so range and accuracy will be a bit off at first).  If you want dead set  set on upgrades it all depends on what you wanted e.g. a high rate of fire build, high fps, build long range  build this will dictate the upgrades parts you will need.  

One upgrade I personally do to all my AKs is to change the standard hop unit to a Pro-win hop unit( or copy depending on price and availability E&L ak hop unit is a copy of the Pro-win) or a lonex one , I might also change the hop rubber to a mad-bull blue hop rubber or g&g green hop rubber both of these  give fairly good range and is a very simple to do.  If you are looking at range their also R-hoping but I personal have had mix results with this.  There are also barrel changes but that down to personal preferences I am a fan of ORGA Magnus Barrel, Pdi and Mad-bull

The main thing  (that I am sure you are well aware of) is the external build their a lot of work there, are you going for a 100% accurate reproduction? 

Have you also consider an LCT AK74m they are fairly affordably and full steel with better standard internals in my opinion compared to the Cyma.

I have considered LCT and E&L however after a lot of digging I have found the metro AK has a folding stock however it's never seen in-game comparing the in-game models to the Cyma AK it's clear the AK was modeled after the AK74M and the Cyma was the closest replication of the weapon the E&L upper steel body is smooth whereas the in-game and the Cyma has rigid lines on it. I have heard lots about the Prowin hop up and I know I should wait to break the stock rubber in, however, I will definitely be changing the hop up and rubber as well as adding a MOSFET. and I'm planning on doing a 100% recreation of the metro AK so yeah, I don't plan on creating fake wear and tear I want it to come naturally as natural wear and tear is always better looking than fake (unless fakes done amazingly well) there also is not a huge amount of external build that needs to be done only thing that I can personally see that needs to be changed is the tritium iron sights, steel heatshield upper handguard, lower wooden handguard wid a nice large bolt through both sides as you can see from the in-game pics. that's the only thing I can see externally that needs to be changed unless you are seeing something I'm not?

The only to things that I can see looking at the in-game  picture  you have provided, is in the second picture it shows a recessed buttstock like that of an AK74 wood stock on the side where the should be an indent to accommodate the scope mounting system which is what it seems to be trying to replicate with  the rear part of the receiver showing what looks like a folding stock mechanism release button, Also the wood lower handguard appears to have a recesses running along it length not a swelled protrusion handguard like you see normally to help with grip.

Also, the exposed rounds of the magazine which for me is a major recognisable feature of the metro Kalash it will be interesting to see how or if you decide to incorporate  it into your build 

Are you going for real tritium for your AK sights or the QD nighttime version also what brand of mos-fet are you going for?

40 minutes ago, STORMZOMBIES said:

I have considered LCT and E&L however after a lot of digging I have found the metro AK has a folding stock however it's never seen in-game comparing the in-game models to the Cyma AK it's clear the AK was modeled after the AK74M and the Cyma was the closest replication of the weapon the E&L upper steel body is smooth whereas the in-game and the Cyma has rigid lines on it. I have heard lots about the Prowin hop up and I know I should wait to break the stock rubber in, however, I will definitely be changing the hop up and rubber as well as adding a MOSFET. and I'm planning on doing a 100% recreation of the metro AK so yeah, I don't plan on creating fake wear and tear I want it to come naturally as natural wear and tear is always better looking than fake (unless fakes done amazingly well) there also is not a huge amount of external build that needs to be done only thing that I can personally see that needs to be changed is the tritium iron sights, steel heatshield upper handguard, lower wooden handguard wid a nice large bolt through both sides as you can see from the in-game pics. that's the only thing I can see externally that needs to be changed unless you are seeing something I'm not?

Here is a video you may find helpful (if you have not already seen it) 

21 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

The only to things that I can see looking at the in-game  picture  you have provided, is in the second picture it shows a recessed buttstock like that of an AK74 wood stock on the side where the should be an indent to accommodate the scope mounting system which is what it seems to be trying to replicate with  the rear part of the receiver showing what looks like a folding stock mechanism release button, Also the wood lower handguard appears to have a recesses running along it length not a swelled protrusion handguard like you see normally to help with grip.

Also, the exposed rounds of the magazine which for me is a major recognisable feature of the metro Kalash it will be interesting to see how or if you decide to incorporate  it into your build 

Are you going for real tritium for your AK sights or the QD nighttime version also what brand of mos-fet are you going for?

Here is a video you may find helpful (if you have not already seen it) 

Yeah, iv watched this video over and over but that's his/her impression, not an exact replica because it's not a wooden stock on the weapon iv also looked in depth at the metro exodus footage where they have changed the AK completely. I could be completely wrong here on the stock it could just be wood painted black in-game however due to how advanced the graphics engine is in the metro games they definitely would have added grain if it was wood painted black so I'm definitely sticking with the cyma folding stock. as for the iron sights, I haven't decided if I'm using tritium or QD nighttime most likely the cheaper option as long as its close enough that I'm satisfied as then again all replications of any video game or film guns are always subject to their own opinions as everyone sees somethings differently. As for the mosfet I plan on using gate titan haven't decided on what one yet. as for the mag looking at the video is possible to add the foe rounds as long as its cut just right, its good that that fake rounds are cheap as chips and ill probably buy have to buy a box or two of AK mid-caps and try a few styles as for the spring I can only think of using thick metal wire to replicate the spring. I do plan on creating an impression metro kit per say but that's another project all on its own.

And yes I do plan on adding a rail like he/she has in the video for a red dot only so it's replicating the game, however, I'm just going to use a regular red dot.

58 minutes ago, STORMZOMBIES said:

Yeah, iv watched this video over and over but that's his/her impression, not an exact replica because it's not a wooden stock on the weapon iv also looked in depth at the metro exodus footage where they have changed the AK completely. I could be completely wrong here on the stock it could just be wood painted black in-game however due to how advanced the graphics engine is in the metro games they definitely would have added grain if it was wood painted black so I'm definitely sticking with the cyma folding stock. as for the iron sights, I haven't decided if I'm using tritium or QD nighttime most likely the cheaper option as long as its close enough that I'm satisfied as then again all replications of any video game or film guns are always subject to their own opinions as everyone sees somethings differently. As for the mosfet I plan on using gate titan haven't decided on what one yet. as for the mag looking at the video is possible to add the foe rounds as long as its cut just right, its good that that fake rounds are cheap as chips and ill probably buy have to buy a box or two of AK mid-caps and try a few styles as for the spring I can only think of using thick metal wire to replicate the spring. I do plan on creating an impression metro kit per say but that's another project all on its own.

And yes I do plan on adding a rail like he/she has in the video for a red dot only so it's replicating the game, however, I'm just going to use a regular red dot.

The stock in the pictures is definitely a polymer version you can tell by the sling points. It sounds like you got a good plan of action let us known it goes I will be very interested to see your interpretation.    Are you going to try the Ares slim motor pistol grip mod for extra realism?

1 hour ago, Sniper780 said:

The stock in the pictures is definitely a polymer version you can tell by the sling points. It sounds like you got a good plan of action let us known it goes I will be very interested to see your interpretation.    Are you going to try the Ares slim motor pistol grip mod for extra realism?

Possibly it depends on if the stock fits in in my palm well or not I do plan on showing how it goes

16 minutes ago, STORMZOMBIES said:

Also trying to get a second-hand gun so there is already wear and tear there.

Unfortunately, most cyma AKs in my experience are quite resistant to natural wear and tear due to the paint they use for the finish you could try a very high grit sandpaper and use the in-game reference pictures as a guide that one possible option if you have the confidence to do so.       

1 minute ago, Sniper780 said:

Unfortunately, most cyma AKs in my experience are quite resistant to natural wear and tear due to the paint they use for the finish you could try a very high grit sandpaper and use the in-game reference pictures as a guide that one possible option if you have the confidence to do so.       

It’s an idea but no I don’t have the confidence to do so 😂. I can’t get a brand new one since I don’t have a ukara I just have something known as just cos which is cosplay insurance which some websites accept some don’t but patrolbase don’t which sucks a lot 😑😑

that a kick in the proverbials how far off are you from obtaining your UKARA?

3 minutes ago, STORMZOMBIES said:

It’s an idea but no I don’t have the confidence to do so 😂. I can’t get a brand new one since I don’t have a ukara I just have something known as just cos which is cosplay insurance which some websites accept some don’t but patrolbase don’t which sucks a lot 😑😑

Just now, Sniper780 said:

that a kick in the proverbials how far off are you from obtaining your UKARA?

about 2 months but patrol base known for awful stock so 😂 so if you can imagine I'm slightly agitated about that as some websites allow me as long as i show them the insurance, my just cos number and personal id but nope not patrol base 🙄

1 minute ago, STORMZOMBIES said:

yeah but i really can't be bothered to deal with increased shipping prices as i still have to pay for the rest of this build.

What your budget for the whole build if you don't mind me asking? 

3 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

What your budget for the whole build if you don't mind me asking? 

roughly about 400-500 including the gun itself I have to spend about 85 to get the lc heatshield upper handguard imported from hong kong as no one in Europe or UK sell it from my research and it's actually cheaper to get it from hong kong than America possibly lower the 400 all depends on how much money i have at the end of August as September is when i plan to start the build as I'm away from tomorrow till the start of September on holiday 

2 minutes ago, STORMZOMBIES said:

roughly about 400-500 including the gun itself I have to spend about 85 to get the lc heatshield upper handguard imported from hong kong as no one in Europe or UK sell it from my research and it's actually cheaper to get it from hong kong than America possibly lower the 400 all depends on how much money i have at the end of August as September is when i plan to start the build as I'm away from tomorrow till the start of September on holiday 

That some serious financial backing/commitment for the metro Kalash you must really like it. 

1 minute ago, Sniper780 said:

That some serious financial backing/commitment for the metro Kalash you must really like it. 

well I have to think about it like this I have to get the heatshield imported as well as the iron sights and I still have to pay for hidden fees and 2 boxes of mags plus its not coming out my pocket this coming from things iv sold on eBay recently I have headphone amp and DAC for 350 and then I have about 500 but that's only if it sells by the end of the month. and yes I really love the games its so iconic iv played through both games twice on 360 twice again on Xbox one and now I'm on my second playthrough on pc and I plan on getting the collects edition of the metro exodus if they announce one.

6 minutes ago, STORMZOMBIES said:

well I have to think about it like this I have to get the heatshield imported as well as the iron sights and I still have to pay for hidden fees and 2 boxes of mags plus its not coming out my pocket this coming from things iv sold on eBay recently I have headphone amp and DAC for 350 and then I have about 500 but that's only if it sells by the end of the month. and yes I really love the games its so iconic iv played through both games twice on 360 twice again on Xbox one and now I'm on my second playthrough on pc and I plan on getting the collects edition of the metro exodus if they announce one.

The metro series are excellent games only played on xbox360, hope your build goes well.  You may want to post a wanted ad on the other airsoft forums such as zeroin and pre-fired they may help widen the catchment area and get you the desired AK.

Just now, Sniper780 said:

The metro series are excellent games only played on xbox360, hope your build goes well.  You may want to post a wanted ad on the other airsoft forums such as zeroin and pre-fired they may help widen the catchment area and get you the desired AK.

will do thank you for the help and yeah they are amazing games 

I can recommend the ICS Ak74 line.

In my experience they have a better build quality then Cyma (I may be bias I own one)

However they shoot better and at around £200 are not too much more expensive than Cyma, once you take into account the spring change.  

ICS-35-74M-.jpg.b6ebb3cfb17a1566798eeaf5ee289f4a.jpg

Fire-support stocks the whole range. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators
15 hours ago, STORMZOMBIES said:

I can’t get a brand new one since I don’t have a ukara

Because you're under 18?

Unfortunately the law extends to 2nd hand sales as well, not just new purchases from a retailer. Until you're 18, you cannot buy a RIF, nor a two-tone IF.

22 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Because you're under 18?

Unfortunately the law extends to 2nd hand sales as well, not just new purchases from a retailer. Until you're 18, you cannot buy a RIF, nor a two-tone IF.

Don’t assume my age dude I’m 18 and 5 months but I have a just cos not ukara 

1 hour ago, 3rdDefinition said:

I can recommend the ICS Ak74 line.

In my experience they have a better build quality then Cyma (I may be bias I own one)

However they shoot better and at around £200 are not too much more expensive than Cyma, once you take into account the spring change.  

ICS-35-74M-.jpg.b6ebb3cfb17a1566798eeaf5ee289f4a.jpg

Fire-support stocks the whole range. 

Thanks I’ll look into the ics line than

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, STORMZOMBIES said:

Don’t assume my age dude I’m 18 and 5 months but I have a just cos not ukara 

He was asking, not assuming. Chill your boots.

• L3wisD locked this topic

Archived