If money was no object what RIF would you buy

gasman
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I know lots of you are fixated on a particular gun but what would you really buy if cost was not an issue.

I would buy a Polarstar to put in an smart M4 platform with a barrel length around 355mm at 350FPS. My second choice would be a Polarstar DMR with a slightly longer barrel for those long distance sites.

As always. Real Sword Type 97. Hopefully one day a site will pay me a load of money to write them a glowing review... Sadly I am not prolific enough for that 😉

• Supporters

hmm, it's an interesting proposal, there's a long list of stuff i want but in a single gun.....

it's a toss up for me between the special edition (the steel and wood) we dragonuv, then get some nice custom treatment to make it look as legit as possible, or, and it's not a whole gun but a polarstar for my m4 (and a new reciever), it wouldnt shoot much better than it does currently but it'd at least last longer than a day before breaking.

or alternately just get the f2000 to feed without leaking air, that would also be most desirable.

• Head Moderator

A minigun.

A little over kill but nice.

Look at the pictures from High Wycomb and you will see leggy with his new 2 shorty

Ares Amoeba AM-003 M4 CCP

He is very scary with these and they put him on the children's side after the 1st game. For guns with 308 FPS on .20 he was out ranging a lot of players with hotter guns. Shooting in two directions at the same time LOL.

He is the one with dreadlocks on his helmet.

• Head Moderator
2 minutes ago, gasman said:

Shooting in two directions at the same time LOL.

Potentially blind firing like a cockwomble then.  You can only look down one sight once you move your arms a few degrees apart.

A VFC gbbr g3 for something that currently exists so I can give it a modern DMR look 

i would kill for a gbbr famas or psg1 though. 

26 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Potentially blind firing like a cockwomble then.  You can only look down one sight once you move your arms a few degrees apart.

I beg to differ 

C518A59B-9E47-4849-9BB8-A186316BD4E8.jpeg

On topic, Daytona kitted scar H probably 

51 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

A minigun.

Probably agree with Jedi and go with a MINIGUN

Or I would get a AA12 (which I might be getting for Christmas - HYPE)

Or maybe a ridiculously expensive assault rifle (the £1000 ones you get in America)

Umbrella armoury krytac lvoa, decent quality set of red dot and flip to side sights and whatever attachments to finish it along side a full set of area amoeba short midcaps. 

• Supporters

TM MWS with a full Salient Arms kit. Or maybe a BAD receiver....

MGC P7M13 pistol. Your looking at $500 for one.

mgc_p7_black_med.jpg

Failing that a Daytona LCT G3. They have a kit in development apparently.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, gasman said:

A little over kill but nice.

Look at the pictures from High Wycomb and you will see leggy with his new 2 shorty

Ares Amoeba AM-003 M4 CCP

He is very scary with these and they put him on the children's side after the 1st game. For guns with 308 FPS on .20 he was out ranging a lot of players with hotter guns. Shooting in two directions at the same time LOL.

He is the one with dreadlocks on his helmet.

"Money no object" - "Ares Amoeba"

Some people just aren't thinking big enough.

2 hours ago, gasman said:

So I know lots of you are fixated on a particular gun but what would you really buy if cost was not an issue.

I would buy a Polarstar to put in an smart M4 platform with a barrel length around 355mm at 350FPS. My second choice would be a Polarstar DMR with a slightly longer barrel for those long distance sites.

TM HK417 with as many top of the line upgrades I can stuff into the bugger to make a monster 500fps DMR.

Thats over a grand gone there then

• Supporters

CQB player here, so my desires are strictly stubby.  Sorry to disappoint, but there's only so much performance you can use indoors.

A stock gun, probably the TM M870 Breacher plus a bandolier packed with an amount of shells and spare gas wells such as God has never seen.

A build-you-own special... a CYMA CM.121 Desert Eagle AEP with the internals gutted and replaced.  Lipo'd, custom ETU'd, a custom CNC gearbox, gears made of unobtanium, a motor with magnets so rare that you'd need to strip-mine a small African country get them, and all the Eagle6 sproingy goodnesses to get it up close to 300fps.   I would choose to do it not because is is easy, but because it is hard.

Hard, and pointless, and very, very daft.

Oh, and I'd run a vertical front grip on it. ;)

It'd probably be a full custom CNC retroarms build with G&P externals, real steel 12" M lock rail, 14" barrel, top of the line motor, gears and barrel, either a gate titan or spectre, and RS 1X-4X short dot. Would probably set it up as a DMR. A single stock gun though probably a GBLS DAS since that's the only way I could ever justify spending that much on a toy gun

1 minute ago, PopRocket123 said:

It'd probably be a full custom CNC retroarms build with G&P externals, real steel 12" M lock rail, 14" barrel, top of the line motor, gears and barrel, either a gate titan or spectre, and RS 1X-4X short dot. Would probably set it up as a DMR. A single stock gun though probably a GBLS DAS since that's the only way I could ever justify spending that much on a toy gun

Why m-lok and not keymod or picatinny?

Just now, AshOnSnow said:

Why m-lok and not keymod or picatinny?

It's a lot lighter than picatinny and I prefer the attachment system to method. Apparently it's a more efficient system according to US military trials or something but I just prefer the look.

21 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

It's a lot lighter than picatinny and I prefer the attachment system to method. Apparently it's a more efficient system according to US military trials or something but I just prefer the look.

Yeah the "efficiency" you're talking about was a US Army trial in 2015 I think, it was for preventing barrel overheat during rapid fire compared to picatinny. They use MLOK for their CSASS HK G28s.

Archived