mp5sd5 Tracer unit/options

alex90
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As far as Im aware theres no off the shelf ready options available, which is a shame because the SD series look kickass. I believe the inner barrel runs all the way to the end of the mock silencer? If so then you cant really get a silencer tracer unit. So its DIY time!

From what I can see your options would be:

-Make your own tracer hop unit modification, plenty of people have done this for M4s, Im not sure if there would be enough room inside an MP5 to do this.

-Buy a shorter inner barrel, and use a few extra CM inside the silencer end to make your own tracer unit.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, alex90 said:

anyone know of any tracer options for a sd5 such as an adaptor to go in the mp5 silencer slots or a tracer hop up ?  

Google is your friend

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/dytac-tracer-unit-for-vfc--umarex-mp5-sd-includes-185mm-601-precision-inner-barrel

i did see that but cant see how it would work on a JG and looks like  the silencer looks vastly slimmer plus wouldn't need the barrel as got a prommy  6.03

• Supporters
1 hour ago, alex90 said:

i did see that but cant see how it would work on a JG and looks like  the silencer looks vastly slimmer plus wouldn't need the barrel as got a prommy  6.03

See, now if you'd said it was for a JG and that you already had a barrel then that would have saved some time wouldn't it?

If you've already bought a barrel I assume you mean you've bought a full length one in which case you won't be able to run a suppressor type tracer unless you want to have the worlds longest SD5. You could look at retro-fitting the guts of a B&T tracer or a Dytac tracer (maybe even an Acetech AT1000) into the body of the original suppressor but without any dimensions I can't say if it would work. And you'd need a shorter barrel.

the standard barrel poked about and inch in to the suppressor the new one just about flush of the start of the suppressor

but was seeing if anyone new of any  tracer silencers that fitted the sd5/6 locking tabs or if there was some fancy hop up unit like the 3-1 madbulls ones

my last options was to try and split the standard one and fit the inners of a cheapo one and see if the idea was do-able instead of spending 60+ on a acetech   

• Supporters
3 hours ago, alex90 said:

the standard barrel poked about and inch in to the suppressor the new one just about flush of the start of the suppressor

but was seeing if anyone new of any  tracer silencers that fitted the sd5/6 locking tabs or if there was some fancy hop up unit like the 3-1 madbulls ones

my last options was to try and split the standard one and fit the inners of a cheapo one and see if the idea was do-able instead of spending 60+ on a acetech   

Right, just found a YT video on removing the suppressor on the JG so now I know what you mean about the way the suppressor attaches and no, the Dytac one wouldn't work as is BUT you could probably get it for the guts of the tracer and fit that INTO your JG. 

Unfortunately nobody makes a hop tracer or (as far as I know) a tracer mag for the MP5 so you're stuck with whatever you can fit into that suppressor I'm afraid.

• 8 months later...
4 minutes ago, Koromiko said:

@alex90

Did you ever find a solution/tracer unit?

I have the WE GBB MP5 SD and really want a tracer unit as I mainly play at night. 

I sent mine to Alan at Land warrior to get one fitted into my hop unit. Really decent job!

Interesting....

I’m a bit of a noob so apologies if I ask stupid questions. 

So was yours a WE model? And fitted it to the hop-up, wondering how does the power get to it? Presumably there’s a battery pack somewhere that you have to recharge? Where does it reside within the weapon?

Thanks for responding btw 🙂

2 hours ago, Koromiko said:

Interesting....

I’m a bit of a noob so apologies if I ask stupid questions. 

So was yours a WE model? And fitted it to the hop-up, wondering how does the power get to it? Presumably there’s a battery pack somewhere that you have to recharge? Where does it reside within the weapon?

Thanks for responding btw 🙂

Nope a JG MP5SD AEG, but it can be fitted to almost any hop unit a small hole is made inside the feed tube where a Madbull or similar LED is placed. It usually means that the first shot is generally not activated as it probably has been resting in the hop unit for a few seconds. But any subsequent shots are bright UV. 

Power feeds off of the standard gearbox wiring, no need for another battery. 

Archived